Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Scorpion farm 2.0-1850 pts- thoughts and comments pls!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  chaos vince 
#1 ·
primary det.
hq
sorcerer w/ spell familiar and melta bombs
troops
cultists (10)
cultists (10)
fast attack
hellblade- helstorm autocannons
hellblade- helstorm autocannons
Heavy support
predator- las cannon turret, death of kasyr lutein
Lord of war
Greater brass scorpion
allied detachment- demons
Hq
tzeench herald- lv 3 exalted gift
tzeench herald- lv 3 exalted gift
tzeench herald- lv 3
Troops
Pink horrors (10)
Pink horrors (10)
Pink horrors (10)

See less See more
#2 ·
I feel like whenever you're putting that many points in a single war engine (be it a Lord of Skulls, a Brass Scorpion, a titan of some sort--whatever), you might as well also take Be'lakor to cast Invisibility on it... (where to find the points for the fellow, that's the real question).

I feel like an ADL wouldn't be amiss, so that those Horrors/Heralds could go to ground for a rerollable 2+ cover save while they're summoning.

#3 ·
I played with both options, but the insta perils was too much of a downside to take belakor plus LVO nerfed invis. too badly to make taking the hit worth it. the adl lost out simply because I needed the rerolls provided by the death of kasyr lutein and the additional anti air/armor the hellblades furnished. though thinking about it now I think I'd drop the spell fam, melta bombs, and something else to squeeze in the adl. thanks for the help!

#4 · (Edited)
Yeah, I imagine the auto-perils would go and do that. Frickin-frackin... I suppose that makes the GBSoK an exception to that rule of thumb.

If I were really stuck for choice, I'd probably drop one of the Pink Horror squads for that ADL, then stick 2 Heralds in one of those squads. Probably also get an 11th Horror in both those squads... and end up with more Warp Charge than you started (somewhat vulnerable to losing a single mini and so a whole warp charge, sure, but... as long as your opponent doesn't have Ignores Cover, you're basically untouchable)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.