Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

a challange for you chaos players!

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  neferhet 
#1 ·
im building a fluffy custom army built on korne for a 2k list..it has certain models in it..but it more for the modeling than competitive play..but if you can help make it semi comepitive that would be good..

so as i said can you help??
here is the must have models..
Kharn
Lord of skulls
2 defilers

other than that what can you come up with.?? would be great to see you collective minds at work cheers.

#2 · (Edited)
Interesting - I do have a proposal, but you will have a hard time dealing with flyers. If you're ok with this, I have made the following:

HQ:
- Khârn
- Chaos Lord

Troops:
- 24 Cultists (pistols, MoK)
- 10 Cultists (pistols)

Heavy:
- Defiler (TL heavy bolter, Heavy Flamer)
- Defiler (TL heavy bolter, Heavy Flamer)
- Spartan Assault Tank (2 Sponson-mounted Quad Lascannons, TL Heavy bolter)

Lord of War:

- Lord of Skulls (Gorestorm cannon, Hades Gattling Cannon)

Total: 1992 points

Approach: Stick Khârn with 24 cultists in the Spartan Assault tank (transport capacity of 25 models) and ram them up the field. Leave the Lord with the 10 cultist squad at the back and go for objectives as they are fearless. He is mainly there to provide the 2nd HQ slot.

The defiler takes each side of the field and do whatever you need to do.

The Lord of Skulls rams up along Khârn and cause havoc.

That's my approach to the subject - I hope it can give some inspiration :)

#3 ·
Interesting - I do have a proposal, but you will have a hard time dealing with flyers. If you're ok with this, I have made the following:

HQ:
- Khârn
- Sorcerer (lvl 1)

Troops:
- 24 Cultists (pistols, MoK)
- 10 Cultists (pistols)

Heavy:
- Defiler (Reaper Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Dozer Blades)
- Defiler (Reaper Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Dozer Blades)
- Spartan Assault Tank (2 Sponson-mounted Quad Lascannons, TL Heavy bolter)

Lord of War:

- Lord of Skulls (Gorestorm cannon, Hades Gattling Cannon)

Total: 1997 points

Approach: Stick Khârn with 24 cultists in the Spartan Assault tank (transport capacity of 25 models) and ram them up the field. Leave the sorcerer with the 10 cultist squad at the back and possibly go for demonology, just for kicks. He is mainly there to provide the 2nd HQ slot.

The defiler takes each side of the field and do whatever you need to do.

The Lord of Skulls rams up along Khârn and cause havoc.

That's my approach to the subject - I hope it can give some inspiration :)
cool thanks for that..i dont have access to FW and flyers dont really bother me..
cultists ok..not really a fan but will look into that..
as for the sorcere this is a mono khorne list so hes a NONO :nono: hehe

#9 ·
How about an unbound list using the butcherhorde and then the defilers and lord of skulls?

#12 ·
The butcherhorde is Karn with 4 squads of csm and 4 squads of berzerkers with adamantium will and that generates another attack on each 6 they roll, they also double their attacks when rolling an 8 on the charge. It's not a bad idea actually^^.

I'm just wondering, before I try my hand at it, what is the significance of the Defilers in this list?

#13 ·
ive always like the models..and i cant stand the dinosaurs..seeing as how this is a fun fluffy converted themed army..im thinking of either using the defilers as counts as M.fiends..or vindicators..
just not sure.. its manly for fun but still would like to win a couple of games with it

#14 ·
Just start out with the butcherhorde and the Lord of Skulls and see where it leaves you? I'm a big fan of berserkers myself and with the superheavy being nothing more than a supersized version of that, it could look awesome!:biggrin: Also don't forget the thing is a humongous fire magnet that can help you to get all your angry zerkers across the table.

#19 ·
To be honest, at this point, you can take pretty much anything and win games if its not the super competitive situation.

Just take the models you listed and then fill in with some mok csm/ beserkers. Your have to have models eat way too much of your points budget to do much else realistically, especially since you dismissed cheap cultist units.

#24 ·
LoSkulls
2 defilers
Kharn
(1443)

4 Terminators
MoKhorne
4 combimelta
4 powermauls
(154)

Land raider
dirge caster
combimelta
(245)

12 cultists
10 cultists
10 cultists
(158)

well..thats a silly little list. few models to buy for you and, well... not many hopes of winning a game, i fear :p

Maybe dropping kharne and terminators+landraider...i'd be better with this

LoSkulls
2 defilers
(1278)

Chaos Lord
khorne
bike
fist / claw
sigils

5 bikers
khorne
2 meltaguns

2 Hellblades w/helstorm autocannon

20 cultists
10 cultists

1900ish pts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.