1000 Points Crimson Slaughter CC - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-15, 05:33 AM Thread Starter

frenchi861's Flag is: China

Default 1000 Points Crimson Slaughter CC

Hello Everyone,

I am starting 40k (again) and I went for CSM Crimson Slaughter. Reason? I like the color sheme, the fluff behind them. Yesterday I played 3 games, and I got my ass kicked in the first one and third. I win the second. It was my first game in 7ed.

What I need to do is try to make a competitive list but without being annoying to play against. The first game I play was against a White Scar SM. He had 1 Chapter Master on bike, 2 bike squad with a lot of special weapon, one big flier, one Tactical squad with lascanon and 5 Melta Sternguard in drop pod. I beleive this list is not that friendly, and it was my first game in a really long time. Thats the reason I need something a little bit competitive.

The 2 other games were against a CSM and one game I got unlucky, the other he was unlucky. So, here is the list I played:

-Chaos Lord 200pts
MoK, Blade of the Relentless, Bolt Pistol, Daemonheart, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Melta Bomb

-CSM x10 212pts
Aspiring Champion Power Sword, 2 Flamer, Boltgun
Rhino, Havoc Launcher

-Cultist x16 93pts
Champion, 14 Autoguns, 1 Heavy stubber

-Chaos Spawn x4 120

-Hell Blade (IA3) 115
Two Helstorm Autocannons

-Maulerfiend 125
Magam Cutters

-Maulerfiend 135
Lasher Tendrils

My lord was great. First game he became a Deamon Prince after his first challenge (Sternguard). The other game, I send him against the cultist to power up his blade. Spawn with him were great and I think 4 is enough.
Cultist didn't kill anything but gave me 3 VP in the second game. I am thinking on bringing them down to the minimum. They were holding an objectif in my deployement zone everygame.
My CSM squad didn't do a lot (did nothing actually). I don't know what to think about them. I am thinking on changing for this:

10x CSM w/ 9 additional CCWs, 2 meltas, champion with meltabombs, and a Rhino with a dirge caster. (223pts)
To rush forward along my Lord with 37points to play with (no idea what to do with that) or

5x CSM w/ 1 melta 4 additional CCWs, champion with meltabomb and a Rhino with a dirge caster (138pts) with 3x Biker w/ 2 meltas, champion with meltabomb (95pts) and thats leave me with 27 points to play with. OR

5x CSM w/ 1 melta 4 additional CCWs, champion with meltabomb and a Rhino with a dirge caster (138pts) with 5x Raptors w/ 2 meltas, champion with meltabomb (120pts) (I have the raptors so I prefere this one.

The second choice give me more treat, more melta shots but less CC (I can still change the boltgun for CCW in the 5 mens squad). I don't know about this, what do you think?

Hellblad! Perform not to bad but not great. He came on turn 4 first game, and he didn't kill anything but I roll porly with him, I forgot all of his rules (movement, 5++, and reroll against a flier) so I need to try again because this rules would have saved him and maybe kill the Heldrake with the reroll or the D6+2 movement.

Maulerfiend. I love this guys. One of them was really unlucky, the lasher tendrils one dies in the first 2 turn in everygames (Sternguard drop pod coming first turn on the rear). While the other one killed things. I killed a few biker before he kill me, I kill a deamon prince but oblit just kill me after. And the last game, I got stuck with a Deamon Prince and oblit during 2 full turn before dying! I was really unlucky and didn't anything with my attacks!

Anyway, I don't think my list is ultra competitive and while the CSM played didn't took ultra competitive list also (Nurgle DP, 10 cultist, 6 CSM in Rhino with plasma, 5 Melta Raptors, 1 Helldrake, 3x1 Oblit) the SM player did see my list before he mad his, and I think he tailored it a little. I would like to try and make this list a little more competitive. I like the rush forward kind of list (gunline a little bit boring I think) and I would like to hear from people playing the same kind of list some tactial advice. (Deployement, protecting vehicule rear against drop pod, protecting against baleflamer...)

Thanks to everyone for finishing to read this, and more for your advice!

Last edited by frenchi861; 02-17-15 at 12:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-15, 04:29 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Hi man, just a couple of toughts:
the lord is uberexpensive, i'd rather tone him a bit down to save some points
cultists with autoguns and stubber are a waste of points. for 90 points you can have 20. More bodies will help you a lot, imo.
chaos marines are ok, but since you will not want them in melee, just remove the power sword and put a combiflamer on that champion, for extra punch when needed.
The rest is ok. If you happen to save 30 pts from the lord, another spawn could be great to mow down mobs and tarpits trown at the guy.
cheers and GLORY TO CHAOS!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-15, 06:16 PM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Of the options you listed I like the second one with the small CSM unit and the bikes. How are you finding the points for them though? What are you dropping?

Personally I like having at least one CSM unit with ten guys. I hate just using MSU everything and not having many regular chaos marines in my army. I haven't started working on the rhinos yet but I've got 10 CSMs with two plasmas and 5 with a flamer- both in rhinos with havocs. It's good to see someone else using a full unit!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-15, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

I just find that, I miss a part of a sentence in my first post and it's:

"My CSM unit didn't do a lot (did nothing actually)..." and that what I would like to change to make it more effective (i the same time droping the cultist to 10 whitout Autoguns and taking of the melta bomb from the lord (doesn't need it)). Flamers were useless,and melta could had help me with killing some oblit and the extra CCW with assaulting them. My list is a rush list but I have no High S low AP shooting, and having a few melta could help me before assaulting. Now, my problem is what to do. Big units with two or small units but I can get more of them.

The first choice have less melta but can have some impact in assault after. Also they are slower, even in Rhino, if I move 12" I snape shoot.

Second choice, the Bike squad is fast and I will be able to shoot my melta fast and assault vehicules really fast. But the CSM unit is smal (I still have points to add one or two) l and will need to stay in the Rhino or cover.

Third choice, it's kind of the same but with more wounds and I can deep strike the Rapors.

Now, I want CSM because I am playing CSM. I know is not the most competitive but it's not that bad either.

Other question is how to use a list like this? How do you deploy? How to use a rhino full of CSM with melta for assault?

ANyway, thanks for the first answer.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-22-15, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

I will play a game against Tau allied with Grey Knight. I don't know how many point yet 1000 or 1250 if my flier arrive on time. Here is the 2 list

1250:

Lord MoK, Juggernaut, Sigil, Blade of Relentless, Deamonheart, Melta Bomb (200)
Sorcerer 3ML, Spell Familiar, Force Axe, Sigil, Jump Pack (165)

10 Cultist (50)
10 CSM w/ 2 Meltagun, champion with Melta Bomb and Rhino with Dirge(200)

Hell Blade w/ Helstorm Autocannons (115)
4 Spawn (120)
6 Raptors w/ 2 Meltagun, champion with Melta bomb (137)

Maulerfiend Lasher tendrils (135)
Maulerfiend Magma Cutter (125)

The list at 1000 pts will be the same dropping the sorcerer and the flier.

Anyway, I play with the model I have. I don't own any bikes yet. I have more CSM, cultists and Raptors. Do you think I should change something? Some build? And what discipline my sorcerer should go for? No malefic, I don't own the model. Biomancy to make his unit better in CC or Telephaty to help with invisible or shrouded bubble?

Thanks a lot for the help
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-15, 01:21 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Telepathy all day long. Raptors are alreasy too easy to rip apart, they can benefit from shrouded or invisibility. ALso, Psy shriek is awesome to kill some enemy models before an assault and terrify is useful to nullify some overwatch or to help take a guarded objective. List seems good. As always i think you are overspending on HQ's , but thats your touch i guess ;)

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-15, 05:08 PM

Emperor's Wolf's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Hi man, just a couple of toughts:
the lord is uberexpensive, i'd rather tone him a bit down to save some points
cultists with autoguns and stubber are a waste of points. for 90 points you can have 20. More bodies will help you a lot, imo.
chaos marines are ok, but since you will not want them in melee, just remove the power sword and put a combiflamer on that champion, for extra punch when needed.
The rest is ok. If you happen to save 30 pts from the lord, another spawn could be great to mow down mobs and tarpits trown at the guy.
cheers and GLORY TO CHAOS!
I totally Agree with what he said. You will find it very useful to have extra meat shields around ;)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode