Grand Tournament List of the Sharpest Cheddar 1850 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-15, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Default Grand Tournament List of the Sharpest Cheddar 1850

I hate hearing people say Chaos sucks. So I built this list. Just for the record, I would never put this list on the game table outside a grand tournament or to squash the local wave serpent spam bully ruining the local meta. This list comes in at 1848pts.

HQ
Be'lakor = 350pts

Troops
10x Cultists = 50pts
10x Cultists = 50pts

Lord of War
Warhound Titan + 2x Turbo Laser Destructors + Titan of Khorne + Death of Kasyr Lutien = 805pts
In IA 13 chaos titans can buy marks. The Khorne mark is the cheapest, (tied with Slaanesh) and grants the titan the Daemon USR and makes the titan a daemon of Khonre. So, 5+ inv save as a daemon plus Titans of Khorne can reroll stop rolls and get + 1d3 attacks on the charge. The Death of Kasyr Lutien is a Legacy of Ruin from IA 13 that allows any friendly psyker casting a malefic demonology power with in 12" of the legacy model to reroll a number of psy test d6s equal to the remaining hull points on the model with the Legacy of Ruin. The Warhound has 9HP. The Legacy allows rerolls of successful rolls so you can use it to avoid perils.

Ally HQ
3x Heralds of Tzeentch + Mastery Level 3 + Disk of Tzeentch = 360pts
1x Herald of Tzeentch + Mastery Level 3 + Grimoire of True Names = 125pts (goes with Pink Horrors)

Ally Troops
12x Pink Horrors =108pts

The placement of my titan is very important to this list's success. I will always choose to deploy second in order to force my opponent to deploy first. I will deploy my army in which ever table edge is farthest away from my opponents deployment in order to minimize the number of my opponents weapons that will be in range because on the regulation 4x6 foot board my titan's D weapons will always be in range no matter the placement of the model (the turbo lasers have a range of 96"). I will place my Titan as far back into a corner as the model will allow to eliminate the the possibility that my opponent will be able to shoot at the either the side or rear armor of the titan. This careful placement will grant me invulnerability to any weapon below strength 8 that does not have either rending or armourbane and will prevent drop pod/webway portal/deep strike reliant lists from targeting my rear or even side armour as my cultists and pink horrors will all be so close to the titan that it will be impossible to place any new models near it.

This list has 17psy points base plus the chance to get another d3 if any enemy fails a moral test thanks to be'lakor, and will average another 3-4 points from the d6 psy roll. This list will average 20-21 psy points on turn 1. The three Heralds on disks will be my summoners, hiding behind terrain that blocks LoS or simply out of range of my opponents weapons while staying within 12" of the titan for the rerolls on Malefic Daemononolgy summoning. Be'lakor will cast invis on the titan or the pink horror squad with the Grimoire, depending on which unit is the most threatened by my opponents list. The herald without a disk hides in the pink horror squad and rolls on divination in order to cast prescience on the titan as well as looking for forewarning in order to boost the titans inv save to 4++ and a 2++ with the Grimoire as my titan is a daemon who can benefit from the Grimoire. The prescienced titan will be able to shoot 2 strength D large blasts at two different targets each turn, since super heavies can shoot each weapon at a different target. The pink horror squad with the herald will roll on deamonology looking for cursed earth. Psy dice will be spent in the following manner. 5 dice on Invis, 5 dice on prescience, and five dice on each summoning cast, 20 total. Any extra dice on the first two turns will be given to cursed earth or forewarning as circumstances dictate with the prefrence going to cursed earth since it increases the save of the titan and the pink horror/herald squad. The first two turns of summoning will be dedicated exclusively to summoning pink horrors who will each rolling on Malefic Daemonology. As long as my summoning heralds are within 12" of the titan they have over 90% chance of success on 5 dice as they will be able to reroll all 5 of the dice used. This will net me an additional 4 psy points by turn 4 bringing my average psy dice pool to 24. Starting on turn three I will be summoning Plague Bearers and Daemonettes who will only scatter d6 inches since each of the 4 pink horror squads I have already summoned come with an icon of chaos. All summoning units will be used to grab objectives. Yes, including summoned pink horrors. In a five turn game I will be summoning between 1K-1.5K worth of extra scoring models. If any of my summoned pink horror units roll possession (greater Daemon Summoning) I will immediately use that power and swap for a bloodthirster. Cultists will be used to bubble wrap the titan to prevent charges.

The reek of cheese off this list is so strong I feel like i've been maced... How would you counter this abomination? Tell me your tales of only sharpest cheddar so I can build a truly invulnerable list for the glory of chaos.

Last edited by DrStrangelove; 02-06-15 at 11:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-15, 10:50 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

2RqaZd1.jpg

I would not wish for a list such as this to be beaten. Instead I will attempt to create an equally horrifying list in praise of our dark patrons! Glory to Chaos!

Last edited by Ryu_Niimura; 02-06-15 at 10:53 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-06-15, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Amen Ryu.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-15, 12:06 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

An infiltrating Culexus could do some interesting things against this list... Scouting Karanak/Dark Eldar with their helm of nasty could also interrupt it something fierce, but you don't often see DE or Karanak on the field, especially not at a grand tourney level.

2 Cerastus Knight Lancers, a Culexus or two, and at least 6 Wyverns (to clear the bubblewrap so that the Cerastus can actually get in with its lances/break the summoning capabilities) would probably be the best bet against this list, as far as I can see. Maybe add some Vendettae with melta or flamer SWS/PCS inside.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-15, 12:16 AM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-15, 08:47 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

have you tried this filthy piece of cheese? i'm curious about the outcome!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-15, 02:35 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

This list... wow. Who said Chaos couldn't be cheesy?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-15, 04:55 PM
Rattlehead

So what do you do when your opponent rolls up Invisibility, or heaven forbid multiple instances of Invisibility? Or Flyrants, which are kind of huge on the competitive scene?

I don't think it's awful, but it's got a pretty singular plan that can fall apart quite easily.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-06-15, 10:42 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I'd be interested in seeing the Harlequin "Fog of Dreams" power used against the Titan in this list.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode