Forgefiend; Hades Autocannon x2

Allies:

HQ
Herald of Tze

Troop
Pink Horrors x11

Heavy
Soul Grinder; Phlegm Bomb

I just started playing Chaos from Grey Knights. Any comments or critiques would be apreciated. Also any suggestions on where to go from here with my army would be nice. I have Cultists and some other random deamons for summoning fodder.

Grey Knights and Dark Angels Project

Thousand Sons
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 03:40 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

The thing about this army is that it looks like the only unit that can really hold its weight in combat is the Soul Grinder. Somebody could press home against your 1ksons and Horrors pretty easily--I find that such units work best when supported by somebody who presents a good counter-assault or covering fire threat. AP3 bolts are all well and good, but 1ksons are still pretty inflexible in that marine-killing role: moving like Infantry, dying as easily to light arms fire, quite a bit more expensive, and unable to Overwatch thanks to Slow & Purposeful.

To balance the list a bit more, I'd be tempted to exchange the second unit of 1ksons for cultists and another big heavy hitter--choices that spring off the top of my head are taking a Maulerfiend or upgrading the Herald to a Lord of Change, who really packs a whallop (especially with a Lesser Reward swapped for a Staff of Change and 2 Greater Rewards for defensive buffs!).

If possible, I'd try to get more Mastery Levels on that Sorc, so that it has more utility and flexibility than simply one of your Aspiring Sorcerers (for rather more points), and you're able to roll powers from Telepathy or Biomancy.

Alternately, you could go Daemons core detachment with CSM Allied. 1x 1kson squads, only 1 Forgefiend--but a second Soul Grinder, plus 2 squads of Horrors acting as warp charge banks for the higher ML Sorc and Herald or (preferably) LoC. I don't think you could afford to swap the LoC for Fateweaver for safety against the Warp Storm at this point's level, but... still might be a fun variation that needs minimally different minis.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-07-15, 02:23 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

agreed with mossy. To make things simpler, i'd just dithc the forgefiends, make them maulerfiends and add a 20 cultist with 2 flamers for base/horde "control", then TSons could become 6+6 and you could add 3 spawns or some Mastery levels to the sorcs, but i'd go for the spawns to give support to maulerfiends.
cheers

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-15, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Brother Droopy's Flag is: USA

Currently I'm limited on models I have. What I have:

Winged Deamon Prince x3
Pink Horrors x30
Soul Grinder
Bloodletters x10

Sorcerers x3 (2 are from the Thousand Sons Kits)
Thousand Sons x16
Cultists x 30
Rhinos x2
Forgefiends x2
Helldrake

Grey Knights and Dark Angels Project

Thousand Sons
Grey Knights
Imperial Knights

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode