2000pts Melee Flavor - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-14, 08:43 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
If the termies are deepstriking then definitely take the heavy flamer! The autocannon isn't worth the points, you can have the heavy flamer and two power fists for one point less
I would point out that the Reaper-Autocannon is quite usefull bit of kit on the termies, for someone still trying to learn the game-play use of DS. There is a fair bit of skill in making sure you get the DS to be in just the right place, and the extra Range and Strenght on the Autocannon is worth the extra 15 points.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-14, 08:48 PM
Warsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
I like the idea of keeping the helbrute simple. He is really there to look pretty so sticking with the melta fist load out seems like a good place to squeeze points.
I find the Heavy-Flamer on the Powerfist on the Hellbrute is worth its points, has many uses and although it doesnt work in combo with the Melta, does make him a threat to nearly all types of troops. And for only 115 something you can lose without too much of a panic.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-14, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
GuiltySparc's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
^ The juggerlord can only join khorne spawn or unmarked spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakingofchaos View Post
Apart from the transport issue it seems alright, gotta ask why MOK on the Spawn? They already have rage so all your paying for is counter attack - given their lack of armour save I'd give the MON instead, +1 toughness means the whole unit can't be instasquished by a lucky demolisher cannon or something.
Indeed, though if the juggerlord can join unmarked spawn then i would probably go with that. I was under the impression a lord had to be with a similarily marked unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
I find the Heavy-Flamer on the Powerfist on the Hellbrute is worth its points, has many uses and although it doesnt work in combo with the Melta, does make him a threat to nearly all types of troops. And for only 115 something you can lose without too much of a panic.
Oh i like the sound of this. Flamers are always fun.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-14, 09:28 PM

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ooops, oversight on my part - Yeah marked characters can join un-marked units and vice verca.

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-14, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Updated list with transports and some other feedback items. I had about 50 points left to spend so I threw a MoN on the termies and a gift of mutation on the Lord. I kept the cultists but mashed them into one squad. Coming in at 1996 now.

HQ
Kharn

Chaos Lord - Mark of Khorne, Juggernaught, Axe of blind fury, Sigil of Corruption, Gift of Mutation

Troops
9 CSM - Rhino w Dirge Caster, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, Plasma Gun (or Flamer?), Power Fist (Chp) , CCW no Bolter

10 Berzerkers - Rhino w Dirge Caster, Icon of Wrath

20 Cultists - 2 Flamers

Elites
Helbrute - Melta and Flamer Fist

5 Terminators - Mark of Nurgle, Reaper Cannon, Chainfist, Combi-Weapons (4)

Fast Attack
4 Chaos Spawns

5 Raptors - 2 Melta Guns, Melta-Bomb (Chp)

Helldrake - Baleflamer

Heavy Support
Obliterator - Mark of Nurgle x3
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-14, 01:58 PM
Warsmith

Quote:
Updated list with transports and some other feedback items. I had about 50 points left to spend so I threw a MoN on the termies and a gift of mutation on the Lord. I kept the cultists but mashed them into one squad. Coming in at 1996 now.
I would consider the MoT on the Termies as it makes them 2+/4++ which is much better against the big guns that will be targeting them..

I would also consider dropping a zerker to put Kharn with them, and then rounding out the marines to 10 men and getting a second plasma gun. (helps if you need to shoot up marines, and with MoK you get +1 attack when your charged, so there is a bit of logic in building the marines to get up close and personal, start shooting the turn they get out of the rhino and almost dare the opponent to decided if they want to risk over watch for the assault {Its how I use my CSM with bolters and MoK, its surprisingly fun})

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-14, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

thats an interesting idea...my thought was to put kharn with the marines instead of the zerkers in order to spread out the threat. If you wanted to kill kharn and the zerkers you would have to spread your shooting across the two squads rather than focusing on the zerker squad.

I like the idea of having the marines keep their bolters though and provide some covering fire for kharn and friends when they pop out of the rhinos.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-14, 05:00 PM
Warsmith

Quote:
thats an interesting idea...my thought was to put kharn with the marines instead of the zerkers in order to spread out the threat. If you wanted to kill kharn and the zerkers you would have to spread your shooting across the two squads rather than focusing on the zerker squad.
Yes, that is a very good idear as well... and Kharn and zerkers may be over-kill, (and you do almost want to make sure that where posible you wipe out units on the Second turn of assault, as it protects you from the shooting phase).

Quote:
I like the idea of having the marines keep their bolters though and provide some covering fire for kharn and friends when they pop out of the rhinos.
The trick here would be using the marines rhino to provide cover, to the zerker rhino but... yes the shooting does help provide cover!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-14, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

One of the goals i had with the army was trying to spread the assault threat equally (or close to it) over the three assault units in order to try to mitigate the fire magnet effect. Though i think specing out the marine squad to be more shooty might be more useful in the long run, Kharn can certainly carry the squad in CC.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode