Viable khorne army ? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Warpangel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Viable khorne army ?

Just as the title states would it be viable to simply have bezerkers style army ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 09:18 PM

yes it is but rather that looking at zerkers look to marines with ccw and MoK they do it better for less
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 09:29 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpangel View Post
Just as the title states would it be viable to simply have bezerkers style army ?
With what?

and normally no, Bezerkers are not 'viable'. Assault is not the be and end-all in this edition...

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 10:03 PM
Rattlehead

A bunch of Berzerkers/MoK Marines on foot with three squads of Havocs in Heavy Support and 3 units of Spawn in Fast Attack could totally work, yeah; nobody thinks that it's viable, so not many people actually bring the tools to deal with 60+ T4 power-armoured bodies in a game.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 10:04 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

It would not be wholly competitive, but you can have some fun with it: bringing Kharn in a Land Raider and a Lord on a Juggernaut among Spawn, or something. Or bring Warlord Huron to infiltrate a couple big blocks of melee marines. So... you can have some casual fun with it, but competitively? Not going to stand up to Knights, Eldar, a Flying Circus...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 10:54 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
It would not be wholly competitive, but you can have some fun with it: bringing Kharn in a Land Raider and a Lord on a Juggernaut among Spawn, or something. Or bring Warlord Huron to infiltrate a couple big blocks of melee marines. So... you can have some casual fun with it, but competitively? Not going to stand up to Knights, Eldar, a Flying Circus...
I beg to differ on the Eldar front - most Eldar lists I've seen do not have any way near the anti-Marine fire to kill 60+ dudes.

But yes, you're totally right on most other tournament-style lists in circulation at the moment (I say, as a broad generalisation - what was that Lictor-heavy list that won a big tourny recently? Talking about 'competitive lists' is kind of bollocks sometimes )

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-21-14, 11:03 PM

eldar dont rock that much low ap weapons that is true but there is alot of str 6 weps so your just forced to take alot of saves.

but marines with MoK crafty tactics and stuff can do well u just need to make sure u get to them with enough fight left and the tools to crack tanks it can be done
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 12:56 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I beg to differ on the Eldar front - most Eldar lists I've seen do not have any way near the anti-Marine fire to kill 60+ dudes.
Well, assuming a Wave Serpent can kill 3 marines per turn (it's not far wrong to say, assuming scatter lasers kill 1, shuriken cannon kills 1, and Serpent Shield kills 1, on average rolls--and that's discounting any chance of rends!), and you have 6 Wave Serpents in your list... you can kill 18 Marines per turn (which is not to count any passenger Dire Avengers disembarking for another few rends per turn, then Battle Focusing out of assault range). The Marine player had better be taking those (notoriously tough) Wave Serpents out fast, or making a bunch of them jink, is all I'm saying... if they don't want their 60-Marine list gone by Turn 3.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 01:11 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Talking about 'competitive lists' is kind of bollocks sometimes )
Well that's all about knowing the game you are going to play in!

My amy list advice always is based around the idea of a pure PUG game, but as many tournaments run quite strange missions.. making sure you have the best army for that can lead you down strange paths!

(there was a tournament i watched a few weeks ago{work stopped me playing}, where on the 2nd game after the 3rd turn all guns run out of ammo! which helped allot of the CC based forces)

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-22-14, 08:11 AM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Well, assuming a Wave Serpent can kill 3 marines per turn (it's not far wrong to say, assuming scatter lasers kill 1, shuriken cannon kills 1, and Serpent Shield kills 1, on average rolls--and that's discounting any chance of rends!), and you have 6 Wave Serpents in your list... you can kill 18 Marines per turn (which is not to count any passenger Dire Avengers disembarking for another few rends per turn, then Battle Focusing out of assault range). The Marine player had better be taking those (notoriously tough) Wave Serpents out fast, or making a bunch of them jink, is all I'm saying... if they don't want their 60-Marine list gone by Turn 3.
I got Serpents down as killing 2 MEQ per turn as I thought they could only fire 2 guns per turn. Either way - sure, a list like 6 Serpents would probably beat a viable Berzerker Horde, but if we want to take ir from 'viable' to 'competitive' then bringing them in units of 20 with Be'lakor to make one Invisible per turn and Shroud the rest/take out enemy support then you couls make a far more 'competitive' list - at the cost of theme and ability to enjoy casual games, naturally.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode