Chaos Ard' Boys results? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-16-08, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Default Chaos Ard' Boys results?

How'd you fare? What armies placed where your at? Any interesting stories/toughest opponent?
Anxious for tidbits as unfortunately I couldn't make it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-08, 01:34 AM

ravager37's Flag is: USA

in rochester ny, Demons won, heres something funny too, the demons player phased out a cheesy necron army on turn 3. Surprisingly, no one played a nidzilla list, there was a grey knight army there, imperial guard placed secon, and deathwing finished 3rd.....def an interesting weekend
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-18-08, 10:54 PM

We only have two game stores that play 40K in Boise Idaho. Below are the results from the different stores. I purposel left out the store name.

Popular store
1. Demons
2. Nidzilla
3. Orks

Chain store
1. Nurgle
2. Chaos - no dedicated god.
3. Space marines

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-08, 12:17 AM

Cards344's Flag is: USA

I lost the First 2 but won the last game.

My First Army was a fellow Chaos Player with 2 Daemon Princes, 4 Squads of Thousand Sons, 2 Noise Marine Squads, a Havoc Squad and 5 Obliterators. I just couldnt hold any objectives.

The Second amy I fought was Necrons. I was able to destroy everything but his Warrior Squads and his 3 Monoliths.

Finally I fought a Ultramarine Player. Close game but I managed to get a minor victory.

Unfortunatly I did so bad my first game that I just couldnt catch up and I ended up second to last. I still had a good time though. This tournament really helped me learn the new 5th edition rules. I know its late to be learning them, but this was the first time i was really able to play 40k becaue me and my friends all worked over the summer.

In the End first place went to a Witch Hunter Player, 2nd a Chaos Player and 3 The Necron Player with 3 Monoliths.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-08, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards344 View Post
I lost the First 2 but won the last game.

My First Army was a fellow Chaos Player with 2 Daemon Princes, 4 Squads of Thousand Sons, 2 Noise Marine Squads, a Havoc Squad and 5 Obliterators. I just couldnt hold any objectives.

The Second amy I fought was Necrons. I was able to destroy everything but his Warrior Squads and his 3 Monoliths.

Finally I fought a Ultramarine Player. Close game but I managed to get a minor victory.

Unfortunatly I did so bad my first game that I just couldnt catch up and I ended up second to last. I still had a good time though. This tournament really helped me learn the new 5th edition rules. I know its late to be learning them, but this was the first time i was really able to play 40k becaue me and my friends all worked over the summer.

In the End first place went to a Witch Hunter Player, 2nd a Chaos Player and 3 The Necron Player with 3 Monoliths.
I don't know which I list is worst Nidzilla or 3 monoliths........ I don't like playing either of them.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-08, 02:38 AM

Cards344's Flag is: USA

I tried getting him to faze out, but with him getting 2 Will Be Backs and being able to keep his guys away from most of my fire, i just couldnt do it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-19-08, 01:04 PM

I preregistered but arrived later than the registration time(Accursed wysiwyging plague marines out of 2nd edition matines!) But anyway, it came down to a nurgle chaos player, an Eldar player(Big suprise), and I think a Tau army.

The eldar beat every chaos army he came across. And we had many flavors to choose from. Nidzilla faired decently but just couldn't pull off the win, and necrons got floored via bad positioning.

An ig player came later and I've found basilisk spam to be extremely hard to deal with if you don't have anything deep striking.

I saw a DA player get annhilated twice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode