The facemaulers, nurgle style 1750 - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-14, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

at the risk of being accused of spamming, ill post another thing that occured to me.

Against a Knight, i think i would keep him busy with the hounds, without the herald, and then murder the rest of the opposing army.

that should win me the battle anyhow. if i can pull it of, naturally

Last edited by otasolgryn; 11-09-14 at 03:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-14, 05:07 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by otasolgryn View Post
at the risk of being accused of spamming, ill post another thing that occured to me.

Against a Knight, i think i would keep him busy with the hounds, without the herald, and then murder the rest of the opposing army.

I'm really liking the look of the list, though I'd still go for swapping MoN from the bikers to spawn and trading Lords in those units, for the survivability T6 Spawn can put to good use (especially against S10 attacks like Vindis, Eldar Wraith units, some MCs... whichever). Still, it's your list: totally respect your decision not to.

that should win me the battle anyhow. if i can pull it of, naturally
Very viable tactic--calve off and let them tarpit. The only downside is you have no unit to jump into, so you'd be a bit exposed... but that herald will still be able to wipe gunline squads in a turn, and hey! Not too hard to hide in cover or anything...

Quote:
oh and for skarbrand, someday im fielding a list with him and a grimoier, grimoir, how the hell do you spell that? the book anyhow.

Just to see if he cant make it in combat.
DAMN he is nasty. and those buffs around him... really really nasty to a cc list too.
He is nasty with Grimoire, though it's not a perfect solution. For one thing, without a Fatebird then a third of the time you use it on him, you'll basically be pulling down his pants to give the enemy a nice shot at his vulnerable precious bits. Another one is he already has a 3+ save: armor, sure, but the Grimoire won't protect him from anything that has higher than AP3. Wave Serpents, Autocannons, sheer weight of light arms firepower--yeah, he'll be tougher against the enemy weapons that would normally be very good at putting wounds on him, so in most cases, he'll probably survive. It's not so foolproof as Invisibility, though (for all that you need Invisibility to succeed, not get denied, etc).

You could aim to combine Grimoire with a Cursed Earth for some real intimidating saves, though!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 11-09-14 at 05:11 AM.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-14, 06:51 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I really like the updated list. I'm surprised the lord doesn't come to more than 150 points, it seems bike lords are where it's at these days.

A bit off topic and on the subject of bike lords with fist/claw I always hated the idea from a modeling/fluff perspective, wondering how the hell he rides his bike. I finally reconciled myself to the idea when I imagined the claw or fist (or both) could be detached and maglocked to his waist, and then when the fighting starts he could slip his hands into them, then they seal into place before he powers them up and goes to work. I've always pictured bikers jumping off their bikes before CC starts anyway- any other scenario is ludicrous to picture

That Skar'lakor list is pretty nasty Have you tried it out? Invisible Skarbrand would be a horrendous thing to face... and I like that strategy of deep striking one unit and Be'lakor putting invisibility on it as soon as it drops. In fact (from reading this earlier) it gave me an idea for my own list

edit: I'm not too keen on the idea of just using the flesh hounds to tarpit for as long as possible. They're such an expensive unit to do that with. With your list as it is I think I'd find points to give a third chainfist to the terminators, then you could hopefully get the hounds to tie up the knight in the same turn the termies drop (nearby) who then charge the knight the following turn and hopefully dispose of it before your turn 4 comes around. With nine S8 armourbane attacks on the charge and six the following round that doesn't seem unlikely. In fact, just now I simulated the scenario with a dice roller application and on the charge the three chainfists managed three pens, one glance- then one of the pens got a six on the damage chart and then a five for +3 hull points. Seven hull points in one go. It was good rolling but it's realistic.

edit again: Might use the spawn for that strategy. They won't be killed instantly (unless you're very unlucky) and all you need is to hold the knight in place during the opponent's turn so when your turn comes round the terminators can charge in and smash it to pieces

Last edited by Squire; 11-09-14 at 07:07 AM.

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-09-14, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

If i should optimize the list more, i would find the points to upgrade the nurglings to horrors.

that one lvl 1 psyker really adds something. lets you use those D6 charges each round.

and at least they do something, which the nurglings dont

i just havent done it, as it would ruin the nurgle look.
havent found anything to use instead of pink horrors
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

oh another thing

i have had a suggestion to drop a spawn, as they can make it into combat with 4 np.

how are you ppl's experiences with that?
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 09:11 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

Probably wouldn't drop it unless there was a very good reason for those points elsewhere. Spawn are pretty good and you want to reach combat in good enough shape (as far as spawn go) to do some damage. They work well with the rest of the list, I'd leave them as they are.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 09:43 AM Thread Starter

ok, they stay then

how about the horrors?
the oppotunity for some rather easy to get psychic powers seems VERY good, as a back up...

a little shooting and a little summoning
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 01:35 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Chaos Lord: MoN, Bike, 4+ invul, Blight Grenades, L. Claws, Power Fist. 150
the lord is actually 170

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-13-14, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i forgot to change the written cost of the lord after paying for the p. Fist

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode