MSU Rhino Gunline [1750] - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-14, 11:21 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm with otasolgryn on this - I'd drop the heavy vehicles, and instead ship those points into something elsewise. Dropping the Terminators, and shuffling things around and some spare upgrades until you can get Be'lakor is something I'd think would do better. I know that standard advise is "take be'lakor", and you already have a points tax, but Be'lakor can do a lot more, especially when you've got such a fragile list and people are throwing out around 10 or so lascannons in many lists these days.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-07-14, 11:49 AM

Squire's Flag is: Soth Korea

I'd consider whether you aren't better off taking predators than the first and third havoc squads. You could swap out both of those havoc squads for a predator annihilator and an auto/las pred and still afford to keep the rhino on the first squad, giving it back to one of the noise marine units.

The las/las/auto/auto squad has more firepower than an auto/las predator but also comes to twenty more points. A predator annihilator is 15 points more expensive than the plasma/autocannon unit but almost matches the plasma guns for number of AP2 hits (2.668 plasma vs 2.22 lascannon). At range the lascannons are clearly better than the autocannons, within plasma range it's going to be situational depending on what you're shooting. Ignoring gets hot, the plasmas are better for T5 and under, the lascannons better for T6+, vehicles and multi wound models you can ID

With decisions like this (because I don't mind the havoc squads) I'd consider whether and how often) the difference could be the difference between winning and losing. I reckon with the predators' potential to start destroying stuff straight away it really could make a big difference.

To be fair the potential for the two plasma guns to roll up on side armour is worth mentioning, but that's less likely to happen if you are sitting back early to use the autocannons
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-14, 01:34 AM
otasolgryn's Flag is: Denmark

im all for the plasma.

but i would use 4. and dismount them when needed.

also, i need to go to vegas

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-08-14, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Dropping the Terminators, and shuffling things around and some spare upgrades until you can get Be'lakor is something I'd think would do better. I know that standard advise is "take be'lakor", and you already have a points tax, but Be'lakor can do a lot more, especially when you've got such a fragile list and people are throwing out around 10 or so lascannons in many lists these days.
Oh, don't I know it. I tend usually to be the person saying "why not take Be'lakor?" so rest assured I've considered it. I was quite tempted to throw his Shrouded on several Rhinos behind the ADL for 2+ cover Rhinos... but taking Be'lakor kin of defeats the purpose of an MSU list, really. A 350 point character is the equivalent of 2 more of those Rhinos-with-Noise-Marines, and 2 blastmasters and 2 havoc launchers more per turn (plus 6 sonic blaster shots when within 24") are a not insignificant difference in weight of fire from the army, there...

Good points on the Predator Annihilator, Squire, even if we don't have PotMS like loyalists... *grumblegrumblegrumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire View Post
To be fair the potential for the two plasma guns to roll up on side armour is worth mentioning, but that's less likely to happen if you are sitting back early to use the autocannons
At that point, I should honestly just embrace the Steed Lord Outflanking bikers, melta-Chosen/Havocs, or something...

Good thoughts, all. Some nice discussion going on here.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode