1500pts khorne zhufor - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Lanky27's Flag is: Australia

Default 1500pts khorne zhufor

So I think lord zhufor is bad ass and have started to collect a chaos marine list to base around him. Haven't played any games yet so I want to know what works and what's gonna fail

HQ

Lord zhufor. - 376
4 terminators
Lightning claws
Marks of khorne
Icon of wraith

Troops

8 berserkers. - 257
2 plasma pistols
Melta bombs
Power fist
Rhino

8 berserkers. - 257
2 plasma pistols
Melta bombs
Power fist
Rhino

10 cultists. - 50

Fast Attack

Heldrake. - 170
Baleflamer

Heavy support

Maulerfiend. - 135
Lasher tendrils

Land raider. - 250
Demonic possession
Dirge caster

Total - 1495

So that's what I'm going for so far. My worries are not enough bodies on the field and I'm also trying to fit everything into transports for getting into assault ASAP. What are your thoughts? I have a box of chaos marines, a helbrute, 6 chosen and a bunch more berserkers that I could interchange for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 10:23 PM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Howdy Lanky, your list looks alright, but as you've stated, not enough bodies, Khorne would be displeased with this as he cares not where the blood comes from, as long as blood is spilt! Here's my take on it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky27 View Post
HQ

Lord zhufor. - 376
4 terminators
Lightning claws
Marks of khorne
Icon of wraith
Never seen nor used Zhufor, but I have heard he's a bad ass so that's cool. If I was you, I'd scrap all the lightning claws and stick with power swords (or whatever other power weapons you have, swords are best for AP3 and striking at I4). This will save a lot of points.

Troops

8 berserkers. - 257
2 plasma pistols
Melta bombs
Power fist
Rhino

8 berserkers. - 257
2 plasma pistols
Melta bombs
Power fist
Rhino

Zerkers are meh. They get what? +1 str for how many extra points? Take regular marines with a MoK. You could squeeze a few more bodies in that way, unless you want them at 8 for Khorne's number. Either way, scrap the plasma pistols. You'll end up killing yourself quicker than the enemy, also the fists need to go. A 1 wound model shouldn't be striking last, especially with the amount of attacks a Khorne champion can get on the charge.

10 cultists. - 50

Fodder, you need more of these guys (at least 15-20) or its 1 VP for the enemy with First Blood.

Fast Attack

Heldrake. - 170
Baleflamer

Cool. Consider a hades autocannon for anti tank capabilities as you don't have much.

Heavy support

Maulerfiend. - 135
Lasher tendrils

Go with magma cutters so he can wreck tanks quicker.

Land raider. - 250
Demonic possession
Dirge caster

Possession is risky on this as it's going to be transporting your main squad. You don't want the tank chowing down on Zhufor and his retinue.

Total - 1495

Here's what I'd do.

HQ

Zhufor

4x Skulltaker bodyguards

Icon of Wrath - 343 points

Troops

2x 10 Chaos Space Marines

replace bolters with CCW but with 2x melta guns, melta bombs, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, champion still has his bolter.

Rhino for each squad with a dirge caster - 245 points each squad

20x Cultists with 18x Autoguns, champion with shotgun and a heavy stubber. 115 points

Fast

Heldrake (flamer or autocannon your choice) 170 points

Heavy

Landraider with dirge caster, combi melta, combi bolter and a Dozer Blade. 255 points

Maulerfiend with magma cutters - 125

Totals 1498 points.

With this you get more marines with near the same capabilities as the zerkers in CC, plus anti-tank bonus. Cultists who, in theory, should be able to take out a massive number of guys if used well (I've had this same squad shoot a squad of 5 Dark Angel termis + Belial down to 1 Termi and Belial). The Landraider had the support abilities to assist Zhufor, extra ramming abilities and more dakka! And the Fiend is keen as pie to cut open some cans and feast on the goo inside.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-14, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Lanky27's Flag is: Australia

You make some really good points
In terms of the lightning claws I kinda just like the look of them lol but if power weapons are just as good then saving some points sounds better.
Good point on the khorne berserkers, I was really just using them for fluff reasons but I really like the khorne marine body conversion kit from forgeworld so that won't be a problem.
My other question is the landraider a good idea? Would beefing up the terminator squad and deep striking them in be worth looking into or would they just not have a great chance of surviving?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-18-14, 08:48 AM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky27 View Post
In terms of the lightning claws I kinda just like the look of them lol but if power weapons are just as good then saving some points sounds better.
Good point on the khorne berserkers, I was really just using them for fluff reasons but I really like the khorne marine body conversion kit from forgeworld so that won't be a problem.
My other question is the landraider a good idea? Would beefing up the terminator squad and deep striking them in be worth looking into or would they just not have a great chance of surviving?
The only reason you'd give them twin claws is for an extra attack with 2 specialty weapons for cheap, otherwise a power(or chain)fist and lightning claw is better, allows you to choose between x2str (armourbane with a chainfist) or marine shredding with +1 attack, as it is in a land raider (which is a good idea, expensive, but good) you'll still have a great number of attacks with MoK, so regular power weapons should do the trick. You can if you want, drop the cultists and beef up the Termis with fists and claws or combi-meltas and power weapons, but i think with standard combi-bolters and power weapons they will still be feared. If you deepstrike them, you have to have them exposed for a turn before you can move, and that's usually a bad idea. Unless they're a suicide unit.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode