Sudden Strike 1500 pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Default Sudden Strike 1500 pts

This list uses denied deployment to baffle the enemy. Huron and slaanesh lord are the outflankers. the noise marines units are the bait, the only two units on the field by turn 1
Cultists are with huron (first choice for infiltration)
Havocs are second choice for infiltration
Obliterators are third choice, else they deep strike
Slaaneshi lord outflanks with terminators and kick asses.
Bikers relieve the noise marines and act as counterattack unit. they are quick enough to put those meltas in use very fast. also, objective catchers.
Comm array guarantees that all my stuff arrives by turn two.

Huron

Slaanesh Lord
Steed of Slaanesh
Fist + Claw
Sigils of corruption

(325)

5 Noise marines
blastmaster

5 Noise marines
blastmaster

(250)

30 Cultists

Aegis + communication array

(200)

5 Bikers
MoNurgle
2 meltaguns
1 combimelta

5 Terminators
3 combiplasma
champion w/ lightning claw
Heavy flamer
MoSlaanesh
Icon of excess

(417)

5 Havocs
4 meltaguns
rhino

2 Obliterators
MoNurgle
Veterans of the Long War
(308)

Any toughts?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 11:25 PM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Looks good to me Nef, the only thing I'd change is the Termi champ - and give him another claw for more killing!

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-14, 05:43 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I dunno if Huron+Cultists are going to do that much. I mean, they'll be fine against light infantry, and Huron can swing things against medium infantry... but they don't have a lot of flexibility/capability to take out MCs, tanks, etc--the more frequent things this edition. Just my thoughts, mind...

Still, looks like a pretty fun list. Casual, but fun. I'd probably run it a bit differently--no Huron, instead go for allied Daemonettes (w/ Herald w/ Beguilement, Greater Reward, & Steed) and Seekers Outflanking instead, plus bikers+Slaanlord and NM firebase. Mind you, that's pretty far different than what you are running here, so you can consider it mere idle musing...

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-14, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

hi guys, thanks for the answers

Let's see: since i'm not using daemons allies, huron is a must. also, with daemon allies i would be swapping lots of guys for daemons...sacrificing lots of shooting and AP1. dunno.
huron and cultists are, in fact a big tarpit (with objective secured) for 280 pts. Also, you say MC can be a problem? they will hit the vast majority of MC's on 4 and wound them on 6. and they dish out, ont the charge, 120 attacks...they are able to put 2-3 unsaved wounds on any MC before Huron attacks. Also, they are fearless, so...unleass they are charged by three melee carnifexes, they are going to stay put in that melee for at least 3 turns. i am fine with that! using no daemons, what would you take in their place?
then, about the second claw on termi champion: that would be really costly...in fact i was thinking about taking a combi plasma, instead. more dakka...
all in all, its a super friendly list, yes csm just lack the toys to make a proper reserve assault!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-14-14, 02:06 PM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

i really like this....well thought out and planned..id like to know how it works out

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode