3500 Death Guard and Daemon Allies - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Tugger's Flag is: Canada

Default 3500 Death Guard and Daemon Allies

So I came up with this list for 3500 pt games, it is not meant to be super competitive, just fluffy and fun for larger games I guess.

Anyways, lemme know what you guys think.

Death Guard Army List-3066 pts total

HQ

Typhus(Chaos Lord)-230 pts

Morbitox(Chaos Sorcerer)-175 pts
Terminator Armour, Force Staff, Combi-Bolter, Mastery Level 3, Mark of Nurgle, Blight Grenades, Spell Familiar, Veteran of the Long War

TROOPS

Plague Marines-297 pts
Champion w/ Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Veteran of the Long War
4x Plague Marines w/ Boltguns, Veterans of the Long War
2x Plague Marines w/ Plasma guns, Veterans of the Long War
1x Rhino w/ Havoc Launcher

Plague Marines-287 pts
Champion w/ Power Fist, Bolt Pistol, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Veteran of the Long War
2x Plague Marines w/ Melta guns, Veterans of the Long War

Plague Marines-277 pts
2x Plague Marines w/ Flamers, Veterans of the Long War

Chaos Cultists-140 pts
Champion w/ CCW, Auto Pistol, Mark of Nurgle
17x Cultists w/ Autoguns, Mark of Nurgle
2x Cultists w/ Flamers, Mark of Nurgle

Chaos Cultists-140 pts

Plague Zombies-90pts
20x Plague Zombies

ELITES

Chaos Terminators-172 pts
Champion w/ Power Axe, Combi-Bolter, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
3x Terminators w/ Power Axes, Combi-Bolters, Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War

Virulon(Helbrute)-115 pts
Reaper Autocannon, Missile Launcher

Possessed-240 pts
Possessed Champion w/ 2x Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
6x Possessed w/ Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War

FAST ATTACK

Chaos Bikers-254 pts
Champion w/ Power Fist, Twin-Linked Bolter, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
4x Chaos Bikers w/ CCWs, Twin-Linked Bolters, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War
2x Chaos Bikers w/ CCWs, Meltaguns, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War

Heldrake-170 pts
Hades Autocannon

HEAVY SUPPORT

Obliterators-237 pts
3x Obliterators w/ Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War

Havocs-135 pts
Champion w/ CCW, Bolt Pistol, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
4x Havocs w/ Autocannons, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War

Predator-107 pts
Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Havoc Launcher

ALLIES, Tide of Pestilence(Daemons of Nurgle)-370 pts total or to be summoned daemons with malefic power

HQ

Bubonicus(Herald of Nurgle)-100 pts
Greater Reward, Lesser Reward, Mastery Level 1

TROOPS

Plaguebearers of Nurgle-135 pts
Plageridden w/ Greater Reward
9x Plaguebearers w/ 1x Plague Banner

3436 pts Combined

So I have pretty much 70 pts to play with to complete a 3500 pt list. Figured I can just add upgrades to the Predator or something if need be.

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all."

Primarch Mortarion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 10:55 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

It looks like a nice fluffy list, a lot of character and a good theme. I'd change all of those cultists to plague zombies though, since it makes them completely badass and very hardy. What psychic discipline are you giving your sorcerer? I'd go with telepathy to try and shroud your already very hardy death guard or cultists/zombies. Swap the staff for a sword as well, because AP4 will really only hinder you if you do get stuck in combat.

I'll say one thing, the icons of despair are bloody awful, especially since you've paid for VotLW on so many of your units, since fear is completely redundant against SM. You could probably bump up the termies to a 5 man unit with all the extra points and throw in combi-flamers and a heavy flamer. I really like the list though, and it'll be very hardy against most armies that rely on small arms fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-14, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Tugger's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
I'd change all of those cultists to plague zombies though, since it makes them completely badass and very hardy. What psychic discipline are you giving your sorcerer? I'd go with telepathy to try and shroud your already very hardy death guard or cultists/zombies. Swap the staff for a sword as well, because AP4 will really only hinder you if you do get stuck in combat.

I'll say one thing, the icons of despair are bloody awful, especially since you've paid for VotLW on so many of your units, since fear is completely redundant against SM. You could probably bump up the termies to a 5 man unit with all the extra points and throw in combi-flamers and a heavy flamer. I really like the list though, and it'll be very hardy against most armies that rely on small arms fire
Well, for the cultists, I can more or less just make them zombies to suit each battle. I want to have some cultists, cause I want there to be an element of traitor guardsmen I guess. For my Sorcerer, I was going to go with one Nurgle spell, and well I dont know what else. I have not yet seen the psychic powers for 7th ed yet. And yea it seems the general consensus is that the Icons are junk. But thats ok, again I just have them for fluff reasons.

"Pain is an illusion of the senses, fear an illusion of the mind, beyond these only death waits as silent judge o'er all."

Primarch Mortarion

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-02-14, 09:21 AM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Being the Death Guard fanatic that I am, I couldnt go past this post and not bestow some of my flavours onto it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
HQ

Typhus(Chaos Lord)-230 pts
As much as I love Typhus, because he's the biggest badass in the codex (more so than Abbadon I'd wager but as a warlord.... he's wasted, Lord of Terror is the biggest kick in the crotch for CSM, fear, big deal! CSM are so good in CC they don't need to cause fear.

Morbitox(Chaos Sorcerer)-175 pts
Terminator Armour, Force Staff, Combi-Bolter, Mastery Level 3, Mark of Nurgle, Blight Grenades, Spell Familiar, Veteran of the Long War
Cool name, I might have to steal it , as for everything else, good work... bar the staff, as mentioned, go a sword, or better yet, go an Axe. He's in termi armour, he SHOULD be able to take a hit, and buffing him to S5 with an axe is (force axe at that) is menacing and works well for me.

TROOPS

Plague Marines-297 pts
2x Plague Marines w/ Plasma guns, Veterans of the Long War

Plague Marines-287 pts
2x Plague Marines w/ Melta guns, Veterans of the Long War

Plague Marines-277 pts
2x Plague Marines w/ Flamers, Veterans of the Long War

I'd drop the fists, I get that S8 is solid and they are survivable and they do strike last against most opponents anyway, but thats 75 points on models that should kill a guy in a challenge (except an HQ) without one.

Chaos Cultists-140 pts

Chaos Cultists-140 pts
Personally, I'd drop 5x cultists from each group and add 10 zombies into the unit below

Plague Zombies-90pts
20x Plague Zombies
30x zombies please Typhus with 34 wounds is better than 24 wounds.

ELITES

Chaos Terminators-172 pts
Champion w/ Power Axe, Combi-Bolter, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
3x Terminators w/ Power Axes, Combi-Bolters, Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War
Cool, they need combi meltas/plasmas though I feel. For that deepstrike - fuck you combo.

Virulon(Helbrute)-115 pts
Reaper Autocannon, Missile Launcher
I like helbrutes but I hate them. I shant say drop him because I've used them, but I want you to drop him because mine have always done so much of fuck all.

Possessed-240 pts
Possessed Champion w/ 2x Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
6x Possessed w/ Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War
Meh, 240 points for a squad that will die as easy as marines but cant shoot, I'd drop them.

FAST ATTACK

Chaos Bikers-254 pts
Champion w/ Power Fist, Twin-Linked Bolter, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
4x Chaos Bikers w/ CCWs, Twin-Linked Bolters, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War
2x Chaos Bikers w/ CCWs, Meltaguns, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War

Heldrake-170 pts
Hades Autocannon

HEAVY SUPPORT

Obliterators-237 pts
3x Obliterators w/ Mark Of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War
I'd drop 1, if you need 3 Oblits to take something out, you're probably up shit creek anyway. VotLW is wasted here too.

Havocs-135 pts
Champion w/ CCW, Bolt Pistol, Mark of Nurgle, Veteran of the Long War
4x Havocs w/ Autocannons, Mark of Nurgle, Veterans of the Long War
Love it, behind an ADL with quad gun these guys are a power house.

Predator-107 pts
Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Havoc Launcher

ALLIES, Tide of Pestilence(Daemons of Nurgle)-370 pts total or to be summoned daemons with malefic power

HQ

Bubonicus(Herald of Nurgle)-100 pts
Greater Reward, Lesser Reward, Mastery Level 1

TROOPS

Sweet daemons list, bland and simple but it fits.

As for the CSM, I'm happy to keep VotLW on the rest of them bar the Oblits because they get into CC most of the time and could use it. Strip the icons (PLEASE) and the other things here and throw in a stock standard lord or something and make him your warlord, pray for Infiltration! I just can't STAND Typhus as the warlord, he's such a bad ass, but his trait is utter horse shit

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode