Solid 2k for 7th? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

stuff's Flag is: Scotland

Default Solid 2k for 7th?

After reading through Mossy Toes' updated tactica, this is how I see my army shaping up at 2000 points, please tear it to shreds in order to help me build a reasonably competitive list.

HQ

•Huron Blackheart – 160pts
•Be’Lakor – 350pts

Elites

•10x Noise Marines w/7x Sonic Blasters, 2x Blastmasters, Icon of Excess – 297pts

Troops

•17x Cultists – 78pts
•17x Cultists – 78pts

Fast Attack

•5x Chaos Bikers w/2x Meltaguns, Combi-melta, Lightning claw, Meltabombs, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess – 205pts

Heavy Support

•Forgefiend – 175pts
•7x Havocs w/4x Lascannons, Icon of Vengeance – 206pts

HQ Allies

•Tzeentch Herald – 45pts
•Tzeentch Herald – 45pts

Troops Allies

•20x Daemonettes – 180pts

Heavy Support Allies

•Soulgrinder w/Daemon of Slaanesh, Phlegm Bombardment – 180pts

Comes in at 1,999 points. Idea is Huron infiltrates noise marines, somewhere in cover up the board, they shoot the living daylights out of any enemies chilling relatively back field in cover. If they survive long enough, they can steal down field objectives towards the end of the game also. If I get to infiltrate a second unit, the daemonettes with Huron will start as far up the board as possible and chop some stuff up as soon as possible. Be'lakor can either sit back field and make the havocs invisible until the enemy approaches and he can jump out and punch a tank or two, or alternatively fly up and make the daemonettes invisible and let them really cut people up without getting cut up themselves. Tzeentch Heralds chill with the havocs, forgefiend and soulgrinder back field and cast prescience (surprise). Bikers hunt down armour down field and then punch anything that comes out. Cultists sit in reserve and walk on as late as possible to grab objectives (and pray they stay alive).

I think I've got something reasonably good going here, but I am open to making some changes. The harsher your critique the better! Thanks very much in advance guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:05 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Arg, crappy cell service keeps eating my posts. Anyways: I'm glad to see my tactica is prompting some thinking and activity!

An unfortunate hang-up: daemons can't join CSM units and vise-versa, so no Huron in Daemonettes or Tzheralds in Havocs*. Just like they can't join daemons from other gods--a jealous lot, they are. So: you need some Horrors (say, 11, not 10, for the extra warp charge) for those Tzheralds to camp in. And I would consider dropping Huron entirely: sure, infiltrating the Noise Marines and Daemonettes would be nice, but you could, say, use his points to get those Horrors and a Herald of Slaanesh on a Steed of Slaanesh who is outflanking the Daemonettes. And who has a Greater Etherblade for the nasty statline. Then t1 you could Invisibility the Havocs for their survivability.

I'd consider using any points remaining/possibly dropping a few cultists to get another biker or two, since currently that IoE costs about 6.5 points per model for that FNP. Spread the cost out a bit, maybe. If not more bikers, another mastery level or two on the Heralds.

*Something I should almost certainly mention in my tactica, seeing as I think I glossed over that.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:12 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Battle brother ICs can join ally units and even ride in ally transports for 7th. Or am I missing something here.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:24 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

agree on mossy suggestions. Very important to remember the "gealous rule" on marks and daemons...
A couple of things: infiltrating noise marines would mean putting them nearer the enemy thus wsting their usefulness (blastmaster). you could as well lose those noise blasters since you want just one thing from those noiseaddicted: Str 8 cover ignoring blasts. the rest are almost wasted points. you can't expect them to fulfill two separate roles on the field, not with serious drawbacks.
Dropping 1 cultist and the noise blasters, you can add another biker!
Also, i'd drop huron. he is not in "combo" with your army. infiltrating cultists can be...not so good! 160 pts could go in a 2 nurgle obliterators, or another 8 havocs with 4 autocannons. If you like sorcery, you could take a biker ml3 sorc with aura of dark glory! not bad at all if paired with 15 cultists. he could double up on telepathy and cast another juicy invisisbility or go biomancy and boost the cultist cc output

And, yes,the herald on steed with blade is nasty, if paired with all those daemonettes.

Hope this helps, cheers.
And: GLORY TO CHAOS!
@scscofield models with daemon rule from the daemon codex can only join and be joined with models with the daemon rule, and from both CSM and daemons, no different marks in the same unit!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:25 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Daemons have a special rule saying no daemon can join or be joined by another model unless it has the same "Daemon of [god]" qualification.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:26 PM

Ahh
So could a Herald join a oblit/mut unit? Same marks.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:35 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Nope. "Daemon of Slaanesh" and "Mark of Slaanesh" are distinct entities, unfortunately, and the only CSM with the former are Daemon Princes--and MCs can't be joined by other people to make a unit. The rule in the Daemons book only refers to the former.

...this really is something I'm going to have to mention in my Daemons: Allies section.

CSM Plog, Tactica

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 07-18-14 at 09:39 PM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-14, 09:39 PM

Good info to know for my potential plans to add in demons eventually.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-14, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

stuff's Flag is: Scotland

Ok, so how about this:

HQ
-Be’Lakor – 350pts

ELITES
-10x Noise Marines w/7x Sonic Blasters, 2x Blastmaster, Rhino, Icon of Excess – 326pts

TROOPS
-11x Cultists – 54pts
-11x Cultists – 54pts

FAST ATTACK
-5x Chaos Bikers w/2x Meltaguns, Combi-melta, Lightning claw, Meltabombs, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess – 205pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
-Forgefiend – 175pts
-7x Havocs w/4x Lascannons, Icon of Vengeance – 206pts

HQ
-Herald of Tzeentch – 45pts
-Herald of Tzeentch – 45pts
-Herald of Slaanesh w/Greater Reward, Steed of Slaanesh – 80pts

TROOPS
-20x Daemonettes – 180pts
-11x Pink Horrors – 99pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
-Soulgrinder w/Daemon of Slaanesh, Phlegm Bombardment – 180pts

Again, comes in at 1,999 Points. This build would make the Daemons my Primary Detachment, but I can only really see that as a good thing, I like their warlord traits better. Am I right in thinking that the Warp Storm table affects enemy units regardless of whether they are a daemon or not?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-14, 02:11 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Hmm? Aren't the CSM still the Primary Detachment? They have 2 HS choices, for all that otherwise either half of the army could be the Primary detachment.

CSM Plog, Tactica

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode