1850pts Slaanesh Marines - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-14, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
Glebor's Flag is: Russia

Default 1850pts Slaanesh Marines

So I am writing this list for a friendly game against couple of my friends and want to know how good does it look.

HQ:
Daemon Prince, Mastery Level 2, Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Close Combat Weapon, Gift of Mutation- 275pts

Troops:
CSM x7,close combat weapon, Champion+gift of mutation, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess-170pts
CSM x7,close combat weapon, Champion+gift of mutation, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess-170pts
CSM x7, Champion+gift of mutation, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess-170pts

Elite:
Noise Marines x7, Sonic Blasters, Champion+gift of mutation-212pts

Fast Attack:
Helldrake w/Baleflamer -170pts
Raptors x6, Champion+ melta bombs, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, melta guns x2

Heavy Support:
Chaos Land Raider, daemonic possesion- 245pts
Chaos Land Raider, daemonic possesion- 245pts

Total: 1850pts

So, what do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-14, 02:31 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Welcome to Heresy @Glebor !
As a fellow slaaneshite i'll try to help you out.
SO this is a friendly list, so i'll pass the gift of moot-ation. There are better ways to spend points but they can be fun

Daemon prince can be ok. Just make good use of those psyker levels. remember that he can SELECT a power from Slaanesh discipline as well as automatically having the primaris. Then i suggest you to go with Telepathy. At worst you can have psychic shriek wich is not bad (a lucky roll can obliterate any elite unit or enemy HQ/MC)

Land raiders are there to transport some dedicated cc unit, i guess. I suggest to remove daemonic possession: you don't want your costly models to be eaten... However, those 7 marines are hardly a dedicated cc unit...to few bodies and attacks to be worthy of notice. So i'll go for 6 Slaanesh possessed in the first landy :basically same number of attacks (3 less, okay) but with Str5 and fearless and Invulnerable 5+...171 pts
The second landraider: 10 Noise marines, doom siren, ccw. Still fearless, more bodies, doom siren to boot. 195 pts.
As for troops, i suggest a strong and reliable marine unit, paired with a mob of cultists.
Raptors: since they are so squishy, keep them unmarked: the icon won't save them from a good enemy shooting turn.
This will lead us to:

Daemon Prince, Mastery Level 2, Power Armour, Wings, Mark of Slaanesh, Close Combat Weapon, Gift of Mutation- 275pts

10 Noise marines, doom siren, ccw, icon of excess. - 225 pts
6 Possessed, MoSlaanesh - 171 pts

Land raider, dirge caster (mandatory!) - 235 pts
Land raider, dirge caster (mandatory!) - 235 pts

15 Marines, 2 plasmaguns, MoSlaanesh, bolters, Icon of Vengeance - 290
25 Cultists - 110

Helldrake w/Baleflamer -170pts
6 Raptors, Champion+ melta bombs, 2 melta guns - 137 pts

Total: 1848

What do you think?

EDIT: dang, my brain automatically got rid of boons of moot-ation...sorry, it has become an habit!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-14, 11:39 PM Thread Starter

I like this I just still trying to figure out the best way to use cultists

Edit: I was considering to use the daemonic malific powers to summon slaanesh deamons

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-14, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebor View Post
I like this I just still trying to figure out the best way to use cultists

Edit: I was considering to use the daemonic malific powers to summon slaanesh deamons
Well, usually cultists should follow the landraiders, covered by their big shape and take cover near an objective. The marine unit should support them, either goig fo another objective or pushing forward behind the landraiders.

Malefic is good but with just 1d6+2 warp dice, you rarely will be able to summon something. Statistically, 2 summoning per game...not so good. But it can work, i guess. ALso, since the prince is not with spell familiar, he is 25% circa less likely to cast a WC 3 spell, not to mention the risk of perils.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-14, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Well, usually cultists should follow the landraiders, covered by their big shape and take cover near an objective. The marine unit should support them, either goig fo another objective or pushing forward behind the landraiders.

Malefic is good but with just 1d6+2 warp dice, you rarely will be able to summon something. Statistically, 2 summoning per game...not so good. But it can work, i guess. ALso, since the prince is not with spell familiar, he is 25% circa less likely to cast a WC 3 spell, not to mention the risk of perils.
I ran the list against a defensive space marine list it did well but did not win, but I was able to beat Necrons in the objective game by a hair but it did good thank you for the help
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-14, 05:10 PM

1:1 wil, loss ratio is not so bad ;)
Wich part of the list was the less performant?
p.s. my pleasure to help

Quote:
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-14, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

The possessed did well against crons not against marines, and melta gunner raptors did not do that much damage but it was bad roll issue everything else was good especially noise marines they do damage
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-14, 11:24 PM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebor View Post
elta gunner raptors did not do that much
my experience with melta raptors is a squad of 5 unmarked with 2 melta guns and a combi-melta on the champion, deepstrike in behind an enemy tank *behind as in, out of LoS from enemy firing) and melta the tank dead then next turn jump over tank into CC to tie up a unit for a turn or 2, or jump and melta another tank. Cheap unit that usually kills a tank or 2 and wipes out some scouts in the process

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-16-14, 08:15 AM

@whittsy if they survive interceptor tau shit, and aftermath retaliation, it might work
@Glebor next game, i'd love to hear about your nextrevised list! (maybe instead of possessed you could go Chosen with a bucketload of powerweapons! Silly and non competitive, but fun)
GLORY TO CHAOS!!

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode