1850 Tzneetch Tournament - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-08, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Default 1850 Tzneetch Tournament

I have been working on a different kind of build for a tournament I am going to be in and was wondering what other chaos think of a heavy troop army. The tournament is : Annihilation Spearhead - Seize Ground Dawn of War - ( Forgot other control point name ) Dawn of War. Also I have seen the list of army's and it might be every race, so I cant build for one more than another. My build in mind is :

Deamon Prince - 185
-Wings, Warp Time, MoT, Doombolt

CSM x 10 - 250
-IoG, Melta, Champ, Power Weapon, Rhino, Extra Armor

Thousand Sons x9 + Sorc - 327
-Doombolt, rhino, extra armor

Thousand Sons x9 + Sorc - 277
-Doombolt

CSM x 10 - 200
-IoG, Melta, Champ, Power Weapon

CSM x 10 - 170
-Melta, IoG

Defiler - 150

Obliterator Cult x2 - 150

-1859-

It is 55 models and 3 vehicles. Im kind of using a regular SM strat of few heavys, though I do have a large amount, and primarily sticking to troops. 20 sons can mow done almost anything not in cover. 30 basic marines than can tank hunt yet still have good melee attacks and are virtually fearless. 4 las cannons from obliterators to take down any vehicle threat and plasma cannons afterward to take care of infantry. Also, one large blast from my defiler for any more scary 3+ armor dudes.

Question is, has anyone every played heavy troops before and does it work well? If it does should I bring more rhinos or possibly drop one obliterator or even a defiler to bring in something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-08, 07:04 AM

Untitled401's Flag is: Canada

Defiler is good, daemonically possessed vindicator is better and cheaper in pts if you have one.

Drop doom bolt on the prince and give a flamer to 2 of you csm squads so they pack even more punch. The prince just needs to get into combat so make him run first turn.

If you want to drop 1 oblit, then get another rhino w/EA and upgrade your power weapons to powerfists.

\/ Help a chaos brother out and click on my daemons
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-08, 11:21 AM

Ice_Cube's Flag is: Australia

hi just a few comments

Deamon Prince - 185
-Wings, Warp Time, MoT, Doombolt
Nice
CSM x 10 - 250
-IoG, Melta, Champ, Power Weapon, Rhino, Extra Armor
drop extra armour, a powerfist is a must on the champ so drop the power weapon
Thousand Sons x9 + Sorc - 327
-Doombolt, rhino, extra armor
again id drop the extra armour, reason being its just way to mmany points for what it is, survivability of a rhino now is much better and your better off keeping your squads as cheap as possible.other than that nice
Thousand Sons x9 + Sorc - 277
-Doombolt
id get a rhino for this squadCSM x 10 - 200
-IoG, Melta, Champ, Power Weapon
kit this sqaud exactly the same as the other squad
CSM x 10 - 170
-Melta, IoG
id look at dropping this sqaud all together points could be better spent else where, it has no specific role for your army
Defiler - 150
i really doint think defilers are worth it anymore, there are so many better options thee days,stock standard vindicator is calling for you:cheap and nasty
Nice
id drop this sqaud and add an AT predator,thats Ac turret and lascannon sponsons,its cheaper,will be very nice addition to ur list because it adds more armour for your enemy to shoot at,gives more versatility to your army.

just remember for a tournament army to be competetive your army needs to have flexability,be versatile, every unit in your army needs to have a specific role, and your army needs to be able to work together as a solid unit, just take a look at your list an the suggestion i made and decide for yourself what you would like from your army,remember your army must be fun for you to play with dont forget that.
cheers hope that helps.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-08, 01:16 PM
Blood God's Flag is: Australia

Well im a fan of powerweapons and meltabombs....Im a fan of all infantry....zero tanks so i disagree with all you bastards but seriously...ditch the defiler....get 2 more obliterators.

keep extra amour on all rhinos. powerfists are NOT a nessecity..sure nice occasionally but i prefer powerweapons. :D

I think it is a all or nothing with tanks though.. get heaps or get none. Too few and they will be picked off, too many and its a points sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprldancer View Post
Tau have hooves, things with hooves are called live stock. Live stock is for eating, the tau just haven't realized that they are actually quarter pounders yet.
My Dark Apostle.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...381#post201381
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-08, 05:00 PM

Untitled401's Flag is: Canada

power fists are necessary and better than power weapons any day. What happens when a wraithlord/c'tan charges your unit? you die and your stupid power weapons cant make a single wound because you're str4. Who cares if you're entire squad had power weapons, they cant do anything but stand there like donkeys.

As for having single tanks, whats wrong with that? If your tanks get blown up then thats your bloody fault for placing it in line of sight of a railgun/lascannon/missle launcher. This list needs ordinance weapons so having 1 is better than having 0.

\/ Help a chaos brother out and click on my daemons
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-08, 06:04 PM

cranvill's Flag is: England

most of my armys espaley my iron warriors are infanty heavy and they work like a treat with 4 or five troop sqwads you can very easly set up overlapping fields of fire and i try and have a equal mix of p wepons and p fist's and i all so agree with untilted the list is lacking in ordance so i would eaver pick a defiler or vindicater, playing iropn warriors i allways take both

And all so if you put a heavy wepon in each troop choice were you can then you dont need quite so many oblit's but i'd defanatley take a couple of them ( i like to deep strike them in )

but hay ho thats my two cents worth hope it helps

Originally Posted by Jdwoogie
It just dawned on me that we turned a thread on a warhammer 40k site into a thread about vesectomies.... AWESOME!!! To bring it bit back on topic... Did the doctor use a frost blade to perform the precedure? i really hope he didn't use a thundar hammer.

Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT
Don't wanna read about some big breasted maid milking her dairy cows then milking the horse.

Who the feth milks a horse?

Yer i know my spelling and grammer suck but just so you know its not me being lazy just thick
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 07:04 AM
Blood God's Flag is: Australia

Lol...powerfists are definately better? even when i hit you first and you dont get a chance to retaliate? Hit first, hit hard. Power weapons accomplish that. Meltabombs can be used on vehicles. Power weapons and meltabombs still 5 points cheaper then powerfist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprldancer View Post
Tau have hooves, things with hooves are called live stock. Live stock is for eating, the tau just haven't realized that they are actually quarter pounders yet.
My Dark Apostle.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...381#post201381
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 08:02 AM
moo

moo's Flag is: United Kingdom

I tend to agree with the power weapons but i have to admit that having some way with dealing with those pesky monstrous creatures is always a factor. Especially in a tournament where flexibility to adapt to anything is always a good thing, maybe you want to consider adding a greater daemon for extra hittie-nastiness of doom!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Yesterday I took about half or so of this build and changed a few things up when facing a necron player in 1850. I missed a faze out on the third turn by one model, but promptly beat him the next turn. He ran 30 warriors, 3 destoryers, 3 wraiths, 2 tomb spiders, 1 lord, 1 nightbringer, 1 monolith. I had Tzneetch prince, 18 1k sons split in 2 squads, 9 zerkers in a land raider, 3 man obliterator team, basic 10 man squad, basic 8 man squad to hold a control point, and 1 defiler.

Turn one I went first and threw all my lascannons at nightbringer, he took one wound. His turn, he moved up warriors 6 that was about it.

Turn 2, fired all my lascannons at nightbringer again, took off 2 more wounds. Nightbringer was close to one of my son squads, so I threw the 10 man squad in front of the sons to catch him. defiler decided to play melee since wraiths got close, he took 2 out of the 3 but than remained in combat with the single one for the rest of the game... was horrible. He moves warriors again and still they weren't in range of anything. Nightbringer moves in as epected and eats 4 basic marines.

Turn 3, land raider with zerkers pulls up to the 20 man warrior squad and goes to town on them. Killing something like 10 than sweeping advancing the other 10, lost one zerker. One sons squad sprays down the other 10 man warriors, they all go down. Now he was 1 damn model from being fazed so he got his turn. Deep strikes his monolith and some scarabs. Pulls his warrior corpses to the monolith and rezs about 14 warriors. They stand up and rapid fire into my zerkers but only kill 3. His night bringer uses his force blast and kill the rest of the regular CSM.

Turn 4, one of the sons squads walks up to a tomb spider and smacks him with a force weapon killing it. Other sons squads sprays a destroyer squad taking them all. Zerkers rip up more warrios and sweeping advance them again. Daemon prince puts one wound on nightbringer. And than fazed.

1850 match, I lost 10 man CSM squad about 4 sons from one squad from random fire, and about 4 zerkers, so about 18 models. He losts 30 warriors twice, 2 wraiths, tomb spider, 3 destoyers, and a nightbringer with only 1 wound left on it, so around 66 or so models. I do belive I will be useing this build in a tournment, but might tweak it slightly.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 06:25 PM

cranvill's Flag is: England

good to hear it worked well for you buddy thumbs up bud

Originally Posted by Jdwoogie
It just dawned on me that we turned a thread on a warhammer 40k site into a thread about vesectomies.... AWESOME!!! To bring it bit back on topic... Did the doctor use a frost blade to perform the precedure? i really hope he didn't use a thundar hammer.

Originally Posted by VanquisherMBT
Don't wanna read about some big breasted maid milking her dairy cows then milking the horse.

Who the feth milks a horse?

Yer i know my spelling and grammer suck but just so you know its not me being lazy just thick

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode