2500 points of STUPID - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-14, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Default 2500 points of STUPID

Playing Ultra-Spesh-Mahreens on Sunday probably, doesn't leave me much time but such is the way when you have spontaneous conversations with family that go along the lines of "hey faggot, game on sunday? - done- 2500? - bring it bitch". I thought with a 2500 point army I could make all my dreams come true. Unfortunately, I didn't count on my mega-greediness in what I wanted in my army, because I got to 2500 and was only really half way through my list

Then I realised... "7th ed. lets you take bullshit armies without the need for troops!" I may or may not have kind of messed myself in the way that a man messes himself when he gets really excited. Anyway, what I came up with is this...

Primary Detachment (1)
HQ:

Lord Eliphas the Inheritor: BotR, SoC, MoN, SH, DH, Gift of Mootation, Melta bombs and blight grenades - 200

Elites:

9x Chosen: Draznicht's Ravegers,1x Melta Gun, Combi-melta, MoN, 2x LC(on the 1 guy), 1x Power Fist, 2x Power Weapons, melta bombs + Rhino w/ dirge - 364

Heavy:

2x Oblits- MoN - 152
2x Oblits- MoN - 152
2x Oblits- MoN - 152

Primary Detachment (2)

HQ:

Lord Kraxon: MoS, LC, Chainfist, Termi Armour, Gift of Moot, VotLW - 167

Vendath The Unforgiving: lvl3 Psyker, MoS, AoDG, Melta Bombs - 160 (help on a psyker Lore for this guy would be appreciated)

Troops:

CSM x10: MoS, CCWs instead of bolters, Melta Bombs, power sword - 180

Noise Marines x10: IoE, 2x blast masters, 7x sonic blasters, melta bombs

Elites:

4x Terminators: VotLW, 1x combi-melta, Power sword, 3x LC/3xChainfist, IoE, MoS in Land Raider w/ Dirge + combi-melta - 504

Fast:

Helldrake: Hades A/C - 170

Totalling in 2497.

The idea is to have a very strong front line of CC to combat anything he has, Chosen + Eliphas is a power pack, all those attacks at AP2/3 + the re-rolls, a few assault weapons in it too is always handy + the vehicle destroying capabilities. Obliterators are there because, well.... why the fuck not? They'll provide much needed heavy fire support from the back, alternating LC shots and Plasma Cannon probably. The Slaanesh marked Lord is in the Landraider with another power packed squad, 3x Termis with LC/CF combi so it can literally tear through the marines at I5 AP3 or other terminators/vehicles/Centurions, Noise Marines will house the Sorcerer who can just sling buffs and blow shit up. Helldrake is for taking out his flyers, ill sit him in the back and throw S8 Ap4 at his flyers all day long.

Comments and criticism is welcome as always. Sooner rather than later would be best as the game is in 1.5 days....

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-14, 11:19 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Unless this is Unbound your list isn't legal. You still have to stick with 1hq / 2 troops per detachment.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-05-14, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Unless this is Unbound your list isn't legal
Unbound.... Definitely Unbound.

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 08:05 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

so, you went to the dark (unbound) side of the force (organization chart) i see...well, it might be faster, easyer...but not stronger....
in your list you are basically making a FOC list with a sligt illegality. You are not, imo, taking advantage from the unbound madness.
Also, you are bringing just 3 assault units , in an assaulty list, at 2500...something wrong here...too few bodies, too a "scattered" list imo. if that is for fun, forget my words, but if you want to eat liver and spleen of your obnoxious Ultra-blue friend...well, some change needed...here are my suggested tweaks (for the unbound sie of the FOrCe)

10 Chosen, Draznicht, 2 meltaguns, 1 meltabombs, dual LC, power fist, 1 power sword, 1 power maul, MoKhorne (320)

Landraider, dirgecaster, dozerblade (240)

Chaos sorceror, ML3, spell familiar, bike (full telepathy, 170)

5 bikers, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs (135)

Chaos sorceror, ML3, spell familiar, bike (full telepathy, 170)

5 bikers, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs (135)

5 Terminators, 3 combimelta & 2 power axe & 1 power maul, Power fist on champion, heavy flamer & power sword (192)

5 Noise Marines, blastmaster (125)

Nurgle Daemon Prince, wings (200)
Nurgle Daemon Prince, wings (200)

-2502-

Plan is to put Termins & Chosen into Landraiders and sprint them forward. They can chew trough anything. deathstars can be killed by a combined charge. LR big hull can hide the two bikers units with sorcerors. Sorc & unit goes for invisibility on landraiders, (making them very hard to hit & kill), jink if shot and support termi & chosen charge. Nurgle Princes glide for a 2+ cover save and smash things with a probable 2nd turn charge. Noise marines sit back and pepper enemy infantry with AP3 blasts.

Basically this army is a fast attack force that in turn 2 should be able to charge, fully capable of taking hits with Invisible Landraiders, 4+ jinking bikers and 2+ cover Daemon Princes.

You need Invisibility, but with 2 ml3 sorc you have 50% of getting it twice and 99% of getting it once at least. This list can, however, work even without it. Land raiders will suffer a bit more, though.

Noise marines can be replaced by oblits, but i prefere the ignore cover. take my biased opinion with salt

Still few bodies, but, imo, much more focused. And i've not changed the army idea too much, i hope

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
so, you went to the dark (unbound) side of the force (organization chart) i see...well, it might be faster, easyer...but not stronger....
in your list you are basically making a FOC list with a sligt illegality. You are not, imo, taking advantage from the unbound madness.
Also, you are bringing just 3 assault units , in an assaulty list, at 2500...something wrong here...too few bodies, too a "scattered" list imo. if that is for fun, forget my words, but if you want to eat liver and spleen of your obnoxious Ultra-blue friend...well, some change needed...here are my suggested tweaks (for the unbound sie of the FOrCe)
Yeah, I thought of this too, but I was just too ignorant to see it. Thank you @neferhet for showing me my wrongful ways.

As for you list, I like it ALOT, sadly, It does not fit with my Nurgle/Slaanesh theme (its how my army is painted), I also only have 3 bikes

What I do have is 20 plague marines, 10 noise marines (sonic geared) 10 slaanesh marines and 10 termis (5 nurg, 5 slaanesh) plus some other bits n pieces. I do have 2 sorcerers in power armour and 2 who can be used in termi armour, which is good news. I'll see if I can bring up a revised list tomorrow some time! Thanks for the feedback anyways Nef

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-14, 03:42 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

my fun and pleasure to make a good list tweaking
i'll wait for the updated list and see what it looks like
btw you could use a lone landraider filled with sllanesh termins, 20 noise marines (10 sonic, 10 normal) walking the board with an invisibility casting sorceror attached, plus since invis is 24" range, you can still use it: 9 draznicht chosen as above, just nurgle mark them, plus a power armoured psion with invisibility in rhino. follow the landraider, disembark and cast invis on the raider, then the rhino zoom 6" in shooting phase, covering with his hull the disembarked unit. next turn reembark and follow the raider into the fray or just move, bless stuff (even himself) and run / charge. otherwise just put the second sorceror with a 20 man strong plague marines unit...and a third termi sorc in another WALKING terminator unit...and laugh histerically.
dunno if i made that thing intelligible. i'd bet it is not.

So:
10 Chosen, Draznicht, 2 meltaguns, 1 meltabombs, dual LC, power fist, 1 power sword, 1 power maul, MoSlaanesh (320)

Rhino, dirge caster (40)

Chaos sorceror, ML3, spell familiar (full telepathy, 150)

20 Noise Marines, 10 blasters, power sword, meltabombs, Icon of Excess (430)

Chaos sorceror, ML3, spell familiar (full telepathy, 150)

20 Plague Marines, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs, boon of moot (515)

5 Terminators, 3 combimelta & 2 power sword & 1 power maul, Power fist on champion, heavy flamer & power sword, MoSlaanesh, Icon of excess (252)

5 Terminators, 4 combiplasma, 2 powerfists, champ w/powermaul, MoNurgle (227)

Chaos sorceror, ML3, spell familiar, Terminator Armour (full telepathy, 175)

-2499-

Way less threatening but feasible with your models. And still mad. Mad i say!!! (2 hordes of elite units running the field, 9 ML and a possible of three invisibility cast a turn, 10 elite terminators, well protected by vehicle or invis... still a doable aggresive list.
Cheers and GLORY TO CHAOS!!!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 06-06-14 at 04:08 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-14, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Alrighty, I came up with a new list. Your revised list looks good! Similar to One of the ones I did.

HQs:

Lord: Daemon Heart, BotR, Slaughterer Horns, SoC, MoN, blight nades - 185

Daemon Prince: MoN, wings, power armour, ML3, Black Mace, Spell familiar - 355

sorcerer: MoS, Termi armour, Balestar, ML3, combi-melta - 182

Elites:

10x Terminators: 1x Fisticlaw combo, 2x chainfisticlaws combos, 5x combi-melta, heavy flamer, combi-melta on champion, rest is power swords, MoS, IoE - 464

9x Chosen: Draz Raiders, Melta gun, MoN, 2LC, Fist, 2x power weapons (go with maul and axe), combi metla on champion +rhino with combi-melta and dirge - 354

2x Noise Marinesx5: 1x Blastmaster, 3x sonic blasters - 134 (x2)

Troops:

2x Plague Marines x7, 2x melta guns, VotLW, combi-melta, melta bombs + 1rhino with combi-meltas and dirge - 260 and 210

10x Cultists - 50

Fast:

Drake with Hades - 170

total of 2498

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-14, 11:57 AM

You know that army linked above is a Battleforged Army as well...
Because remember the prince has to be an ally from normal CSM as you cant have both CS and CSM wargear in the same army.
Highlighted RED what should be CS (mainly cos of the bonus of causing fear) what needs to be where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittsy View Post
Alrighty, I came up with a new list. Your revised list looks good! Similar to One of the ones I did.

HQs:

Lord: Daemon Heart, BotR, Slaughterer Horns, SoC, MoN, blight nades - 185

Daemon Prince: MoN, wings, power armour, ML3, Black Mace, Spell familiar - 355

sorcerer: MoS, Termi armour, Balestar, ML3, combi-melta - 182

Elites:

10x Terminators: 1x Fisticlaw combo, 2x chainfisticlaws combos, 5x combi-melta, heavy flamer, combi-melta on champion, rest is power swords, MoS, IoE - 464

9x Chosen: Draz Raiders, Melta gun, MoN, 2LC, Fist, 2x power weapons (go with maul and axe), combi metla on champion +rhino with combi-melta and dirge - 354

2x Noise Marinesx5: 1x Blastmaster, 3x sonic blasters - 134 (x2)

Troops:

2x Plague Marines x7, 2x melta guns, VotLW, combi-melta, melta bombs + 1rhino with combi-meltas and dirge - 260 and 210

10x Cultists - 50

Fast:

Drake with Hades - 170

total of 2498
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-14, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Mayegelt, I had this figured out already but it's good to see heretics giving the best advice

As for the list, my brother discussed with me how he's doing a "My 2nd company has touched down on Hive World: Agrax, because of a disturbance signal", so I've completely redone the army to fit a story to this. Do not fear though @neferhet , I'll bung up an unbound force another time and seek your glorious golden advice!

Anyway, this list comprises of 2 primary detachments of CSM (Crimson Slaughter and regular CSM)

Crimson Slaughter:

HQ:

Eliphas the Inheritor: Daemon Heart, BotR, Slaughterer Horns, SoC, MoN, blight nades - 185

Nehemoth the Plagued: Balestar, Force axe, bolt pistol, SoC, MoN, ML3 - 175

Troops:

Plague Marines x8: 2x Melta guns, combi-melta, melta bombs, rhino w/ dirge - 275

Plague Marines x7: 2x Plasma, combi-plasma, melta bombs, Power sword, rhino w/ dirge + combi-melta - 278

Elites:

9x Chosen: Draz's Ravagers, MoN, Melta Gun, 2x LC, 2x Power weapons, power fist, power weapon on champ - 309

Fast

Drake w/ Hades - 170

Heavy

Land Raider w/ dirge - 235

CSM Unit

HQ:

Lucius the Eternal: - 165

Vendath the Unforgiving: ML3, MoS, SoC, Spell Familiar, Force Staff - 165

Troops:

10x Noise Marines: 2 Blast Masters, 7x Sonic Blasters, melta bombs - 266

9x Noise Marines: IoE, VotLW, Doom Siren, Power weapon, melta bombs, CCW's instead of bolters, rhino w/ dirge - 277

2500 points exact!

Eliphas jumps in the land raider with Draz's ravegers, strong CC unit, blight grenades on the Lord gives them Stealth too and defensive grenades if they get charged. Nehemoth kicks it with the Plasma Marines and provides a decent shooty unit with decent CC capabilities supported by the melta marines, just incase! Lucius hops in a rhino with his Noise Marines (doom diren squad) giving 2 heavy flamers and an IoE for survivability. Vendath jumps in seeking a building or something to hide in with the other Noise Marines and buffs them up with whatever, or slings spells around, they can march up the field if needed too. Helldrake is there for AA support hence the Hades A/C, if he's got no flyers I can just take HPs off his tanks/walkers.

I'm not sure what spells to use with my sorcerers. I was thinking of doing the Nurgle/Telepathy for Nehemoth and Slaanesh/Telepathy for Vendath, hopefully get invisibility twice or something decent. I should kick his arse in the Psyker phase and be done with it!

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-14, 10:47 AM

Why are you going CS for 1 and CSM for the other? you aren't using anything in the CSM one that the CS one cant get and that just means currently all your stuff in the CSM army is just the same as if it was a CS army apart from they don't get "Fear".

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode