Chaos space marines 1500pt list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
NaxTheWolf's Avatar
NaxTheWolf's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Wales
Posts: 5
Reputation: 1
Default Chaos space marines 1500pt list

Hello everyone ^_^

I have decided to create a chaos space marines army. ( i did a trade and recived a few models for free and thought hey a new army) I am a newb when it comes to chaos and used what i had lyeing around.

Iam having trouble with my lists.

I generally play against guardsman and everytime I play iam always 1 kill point off from winning and iam not sure what i can do to make it competitive.

Here are my lists ;

1500pts (1496pts)

HQ

Chaos lord

Mark of nurgle

Lightning claw

Combi bolter

Sorcerer
X1 mastery level

Combi bolter

Mark of Tzeentch

Elite

Hell brute

Twin linked Lascannon

Troop

X2 10x chaos space marines x2 plasma guns x2 combi bolter

X2 20x cultists x2 flamers

Dedicated transport

X2 Rhinos

Heavy

X2 havocs 10x x4 missile launchers x2 combi bolter

X1 vindicator combi boltor


I think iam having trouble with taking out tanks and fitting in the points.

I also find that no matter what I seem to do I lose near enough lose half of my units turn 1 from battle cannons that ignore cover and are instant death, double strength, ignoreing armour.

Same with master of ordinance spam.

I tried keeping reserves BUT master of fleet keeps them under wraps.


I still havent won a game yet with them But iam still trying even with the odds.

Any recommendations, tips and advice?

Thank you for your time

NaxTheWolf is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Dakingofchaos's Avatar
Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Coventry
Posts: 802
Reputation: 6
Default

First thing - You don't need a lord AND a sorcerer, personally I'd go for a Sorcerer or Daemon Prince.

Go for some Mark of Nugle on you CSM, and Drop the Hellbrute and Vindicator, this will leave you with plenty of points for obliterators - best heavy weapon infantry in existence. Have a look at Mossy Toes tactica, he takes the codex apart and tells whats worth taking and what isnt.

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'
Dakingofchaos is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
NaxTheWolf's Avatar
NaxTheWolf's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Wales
Posts: 5
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakingofchaos View Post
First thing - You don't need a lord AND a sorcerer, personally I'd go for a Sorcerer or Daemon Prince.

Go for some Mark of Nugle on you CSM, and Drop the Hellbrute and Vindicator, this will leave you with plenty of points for obliterators - best heavy weapon infantry in existence. Have a look at Mossy Toes tactica, he takes the codex apart and tells whats worth taking and what isnt.
Hi there thank-you for the quick reply I shall go and check it out now.

NaxTheWolf is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
neferhet's Avatar
neferhet's Flag is: Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 3,694
Reputation: 57
Default

Hi man, let's see if i can help you.
First thing first: drop all those damned combibolters. also, i'm not shure how you can have 2 combibolters per marine squad (unless you meant that both squad had one)
then, your list is clearly friendly and not tailored to match IG. your friend, instead, might be doing list tailoring to neuter you ;)
Against a blast heavy IG army i'd go:

Chaos Sorceror
bike, power maul
2nd level (telepathy to get invisibility or puppet master)
Sigils of corruption
(130)

5 Bikers
2 meltaguns
(120)

5 Nurgle spawns (180)
5 Nurgle spawns (180)

10 cultists
(50)

10 Marines, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs, pistol + ccw, rhino (200)
10 Marines, 2 flamers, bolters, rhino (185)

2 Nurgle obliterators (152)
2 Nurgle obliterators (152)
2 Nurgle obliterators (152)

It's 1501 pts. fast threats, 3 troops, good number of meltaguns to kill vehicles, 3 units of obliterators for maximum versatility and most important, all multiwound models have T5 or 6, negating instadeath from many weapons. also, rhino and oblits should be able to wheather the Str 8 - 9 blast storm ( i hope)
Sorceror + bikers and spawns should go fast as they can, assaulting vehicles squadrons and wrecking them or get stuck (and then impossible to shoot) in big infantry blobs.
Oblits shoot where needed, cultists take home objectives, marines fry infantry or vehicles and take objectives.
Glory to Chaos!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
neferhet is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
NaxTheWolf's Avatar
NaxTheWolf's Flag is: Wales
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: North Wales
Posts: 5
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Hi man, let's see if i can help you.
First thing first: drop all those damned combibolters. also, i'm not shure how you can have 2 combibolters per marine squad (unless you meant that both squad had one)
then, your list is clearly friendly and not tailored to match IG. your friend, instead, might be doing list tailoring to neuter you ;)
Against a blast heavy IG army i'd go:

Chaos Sorceror
bike, power maul
2nd level (telepathy to get invisibility or puppet master)
Sigils of corruption
(130)

5 Bikers
2 meltaguns
(120)

5 Nurgle spawns (180)
5 Nurgle spawns (180)

10 cultists
(50)

10 Marines, 2 meltaguns, meltabombs, pistol + ccw, rhino (200)
10 Marines, 2 flamers, bolters, rhino (185)

2 Nurgle obliterators (152)
2 Nurgle obliterators (152)
2 Nurgle obliterators (152)

It's 1501 pts. fast threats, 3 troops, good number of meltaguns to kill vehicles, 3 units of obliterators for maximum versatility and most important, all multiwound models have T5 or 6, negating instadeath from many weapons. also, rhino and oblits should be able to wheather the Str 8 - 9 blast storm ( i hope)
Sorceror + bikers and spawns should go fast as they can, assaulting vehicles squadrons and wrecking them or get stuck (and then impossible to shoot) in big infantry blobs.
Oblits shoot where needed, cultists take home objectives, marines fry infantry or vehicles and take objectives.
Glory to Chaos!

Ahahhh yes i guess :') i originally took the combi bolters because i had a few points left over.

But personally i find the list you made very interesting and much more supportive from what i can see.

I take it I should deep strike the obliterators or at least keep them at an distance?

And should i keep the spawn to charge troops?

Thanks again ^_^

CHAOS IS LIFE CHAOS IS THE WAY!

NaxTheWolf is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 03:03 PM
Senior Member
 
neferhet's Avatar
neferhet's Flag is: Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 3,694
Reputation: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaxTheWolf View Post
I take it I should deep strike the obliterators or at least keep them at an distance?

And should i keep the spawn to charge troops?
as you said, reserve unit could be dangerous, so screw that. deploy them and start shooting from the beginning. IF he doesn't field the bugger, then you might think about DS one unit of oblits, imo.

Spawns are great at butchering troops but never forget that their insane amount of Str 5 attacks can wreck any tank (Av 10 is so common on their rear armour!)

You're welcome, fellow heretic!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
neferhet is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome