10xcult

Fast

2xBaledrakes

Heavy
2xOblids MON
2xOblids Mon
2x Oblids Mon

1852 i think.

Would love to hear some suggestions and opinions about this list since i am new with Warhammer 40k

Got smthing like 10 games or so.

Thank you for your time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 11:29 AM

Default Army list review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Policia View Post
HQ

Belakor
A powerful daemon prince - but also a super expensive daemon prince! As good as he is I think 350 points for this guy is a point sink

Typhus
Again a solid but expensive HQ; this guy shines in close combat so you'll only get your points worth if you can get him into assault ASAP

Troops
10x Plague marines 2x melta.
Solid unit; give them a transport and reduce their unit size to 7

20xcult
10xcult
10xcult
You do not need this many cultists; get more shooty troops!

Fast

2xBaledrakes
Always a good choice; consider using one with a Hades autocannon and one with a baleflamer

Heavy
2xOblids MON
2xOblids Mon
2x Oblids Mon
I think you mean Oblits? These are a solid unit; consider dropping one of these squads for a Vindicator so you have some S10 AP2 Large blast capability

1852 i think.
Unless I've missed something this list will cost 1,826

Would love to hear some suggestions and opinions about this list since i am new with Warhammer 40k

Got smthing like 10 games or so.

Thank you for your time
Okay so some tips in regards to building an army:

1. Don't spend all of your points on HQ choices, yes they are powerful but people can kill them easily in a turn leaving you with a very small army. You have spent 31.4% of your army points on HQs; this is too much!!!!

2. More specifically either take Typhus OR Belakor; if you want a second HQ choice this should be the last thing you do and thus should be a cheap HQ (i.e less than 200 points).

*Edit: Don't take Belakor, just take an Ally Daemon prince for ~100 points less!*

3. Troops, you need more of them! I don't mean spamming cultists, they have their uses but they will die easily. You need proper space marine troops that are worth their points and will stick around.

Last edited by Hugh1992; 05-01-14 at 11:31 AM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-14, 03:31 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
This is my advice.

1- Look again at your HQ. (Hugh1992 sums it up quite well)
2- Troops.

Split the Plague marines into two squads, (If you can find 4 more marines to add to these squads that rocks). Squads of 7 with 2 special weapons are normally quite the most optimal set-up. The cultists, pull them into two large squads of 20. If your running Typhus the zombie advantage is nice.

On a random note: fortifications are a great way to make Cultists more epic. (An imperial strongpoint - (Bastion and defence line), does cost a bit but when used right makes the Cultists into a great castle).

That should give you 4 troop choices. The Cultists will dispear when targeted so it may be worth finding the points for a few more marines but the two squads of Plague Marines should be a good start.

3- Heavy support.

Oblitorators are fun, I would look at bringing in some other units. Vindicators are good fun, but a unit of havocs with lascannons or autocannons work!.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 08:54 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Hug1992 gives solid advice. I second him.
Also, Uveron says right when he advice you to get 2 plague marines units.
About oblits: three units are just overkill, imo. You could take 3 oblits and 2 vindi, to f*ck things close and personal.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 06:15 PM

NathanJD's Flag is: USA

Oblits are a great utility knife to fill holes in your force but don't bring much punch for their points. Spamming them exacerbates this into a real problem.

I think Belakor is great! But you'll need to take some of the heat off of him with another fast assault unit. I'd suggest:

Lord: nurgle, bike, daemonheart, p.fist, l.claw, sigil, blight grenades
5 bikes: nurgle, 2 melta guns, melta bombs

This can easily fit by dropping typhus and a squad of obliterators. You've still got your nurgle troops as well and a hard-as-nails beast in close combat.

You're also guaranteed invisibility to cast on them with Belakor .
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice guys.

Nathan got a nice idea.

Tbh i dont know why you guys like vindicators. I know they are cheap. i know thy got a nice blast. Still They are so fragile . Also they have small range. A good player could dodge them until he destroys them with his drop pods etc.. Also i dont know how good the blast is When an average model would get a nice and easy cover save. I was thinkin of havocs my self also. But they are just marine with big guns. Ok. They have to be stationary somewhere propably will get a small focus or smthing wih ignores cover as most of players include in their army and they ll die easy. i like oblids cause of weapon choises they have. Their Mobility cause of deepstrike etc. I think they are our best heavy choice. They are also durable specially with MON

Still thank you foryour time i am trying to improve my list and my self everyday

Last edited by Policia; 05-07-14 at 08:50 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Their Mobility cause of deepstrike
i've succesfully used oblit deepstrike twice in twelve games. If you want deepstrikers go for suicide terminators. oblits wants to be deplyed from the beginning, they need to shoot every turn to justify their cost.
Also, the vindicator thing is because, imo, you have a very "midtable" aermy and vindicators can support very well your footsloggers, creating an area of death from half the board.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

i ll be honest with you. 10+ games Oblids never failed their deepstrike.they did their job succesfully almost everytime. i have also used termies. they are nice indeed. I ve made many expeiments with my lists. so i have tried few things. since i am at work atm . How much costs the bikers with the lord u mention ?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

What you think about a 2k point list.

HQ-Typhus

Troops

20x cult
10x cult

7xPlague melta melta
7x plague plasma plama

7x CSM MON plasma
7x CSM mon Plasma

Fast

2xBale drakes

Elites

3x termies 3 combi melta

Heavy

4 x Oblids MON

Aegis defence line
With Radar for rerroll on Reserves

i think is 1901 points.

I think it has enough Shooting power. A respectable melle. And the ability to strike specific targets. if need to.

Still got room for 99 points
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 02:37 PM

Quote:
10+ games Oblids never failed their deepstrike
i hate you do you play on a tightly terrain packed board or pretty low terrain? Maybe that's why our experience differs so much.

About the lord: @NathanJD 's build is from Crimson Slaughter codex, i don't know if you use it. btw the lord he's proposing would cost about 180 pts, while the unit should come near 170.

About the list: pretty much on the spot. My only critique is: do you really need 6 troop at 2k pts?? moreover 2 of your troops are nurgle marked marines (non fearless, then) those 202 pts could be better spent elsewhere, namely giving your army a fast threat in the form of 5 nurgle spawns, or 5 nurgle bikers. with spre points you could buy a rhino for meltaplague or more zombies...

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode