Crimson Slaughter + AM Allies 1k - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Eva

Eva's Flag is: New Zealand

Default Crimson Slaughter + AM Allies 1k

Hey there,

I am looking for a competitive list featuring Crimson Slaughter and I really want to add a Leman Russ in.

Primary Detachment:

HQ: 190 Pts

Chaos Lord
-Mark Of Nurgle
-Imperator Blade
-Daemon Heat
-Bike
-Sigil Of Corruption
-Blight Grenades

Hero of the army. He leads the way with toughness 6, a 2+ save and it will not die. Shielding his brothers from small arms fire.

Fast Attack: 299 Pts

Chaos Bikers x9
-Mark Of Nurgle
-Plasma Gun x2
-Powerfist

Lords Retinue. Drive around causing trouble. Plasma for the ranged ap2. Powerfist to eat squads, while the lord takes the challenge. Alternatively relying on the T6 to survive challenges while the Lord kills squad.

Troops: 100 Pts

Cultists x10

Cultists x10

Not expecting anything from these guys. Nice and cheap to allow for an ally detachment.

Fortification: 85 Pts

-Aegis Defense Line
-Icarus Lascannon

Nice cover save and a Ap2 lascannon for fliers and light vehicles.

Allied Detachment

HQ: 65 Pts

Lord Commissar
-Bolt Pistol
-Close Combat Weapon

Mans the Icarus and stops the veterans from fleeing. Ballistic skill 5 is nice.

Heavy Support: 185 Pts

Leman Russ Battle Tank
-Heavy Bolters
-Camo Netting

Main Artillery for the army. Hides behind the aegis defense line lobbing pie plates. I am wondering though. Does the aegis line work for tanks? Also if it does, what kind of cover save would it grant with the camo gear? 4+? Obscured vehicle 5+ plus +1 camo gear?

Troops 70 Pts

Veterans x10
-Forward Sentries

These 'veterans' lol, hide behind the aegis wall with their camo gear for a 3+ Cover save. They hold home objective and giving the Commissar ablative wounds.

TOTAL: 994

6 points to spare. Perhaps meltabombs on the chaos lord or biker champion? What do you think?

So there's what I came up with. Any advice would be very appreciated. Like I said I want a competitive army and would love to keep a leman russ in the army.

I have most other chaos models. Such as helldrakes, raptors, terminators, cult troops. So feel free to suggest changes.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 09:28 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Looks like a fun list!

I would add a meta bomb on the lord for AT. Otherwise It should work quite well. (though not an IG player so unsure on what better builds there are for them)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 02:06 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Tanks get the cover save granted by the piece of terrain they're hiding behind if 25% obscured (+1 if the facing side is wholly obscured), so with ruins or an ADl, that's 4+. With camo netting, that gets improved further to 3+. Yes, it's that good.

As a side note though, bear in mind that if you fire an Ordnance weapon (like the battle cannon), you can only snap shots with your other weapons--for example, the heavy bolter sponson I assume you bought by the fact that you don't say just one heavy bolter (hull-mounted). So... those points are pretty much wasted.

9 Bikers strikes me as an excessively large squad and a loooot of points to tie up in one unit, especially once the Lord has joined them. I'd rather have 2 squads of about 4 bikers with twice as many special weapons, etc.

Otherwise looks decent. You're only getting moderate use out of the Vets and the Lord Commissar--hell, and the Cultists, too. And while they are your cheapest units, I can't help but feel they're still some awfully impotent scoring units.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-14, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Eva

Thanks guys!

So would you suggest dropping the side heavy bolters of the leman russ and dropping one biker to have two groups of four and the second squad having meltaguns?

Or perhaps, dropping to one squad of 5 bikers, and boosting my troops in some form?

Last edited by Eva; 04-24-14 at 03:59 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-14, 03:02 AM

NathanJD's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Or perhaps, dropping to one squad of 5 bikers, and boosting my troops in some form?
Yes, absolutely! By simply cutting down your bike squad and dropping the heavy bolters you can put some serious bodies on the table. Who needs camo cloaks when you can go to ground for a 2+ with twice as many bodies while still being able to fire!?

Primary Detachment
Chaos Lord: nurgle, imperator blade, daemonheart, bike, sigil, blight grenades - 190
5 Chaos Bikes: nurgle, 2 plasma guns, powerfist - 195
I agree on slimming this unit down a bit, especially at 1k.

10 Cultists - 50
10 Cultists - 50
The standard chaos troop choice .

Allied Detachment
Company Command: autocannon - 70
Great for the squad manning the icarus. Take your pick, tank-hunting, ignores cover or split fire are all fantastic on it. Even better in my opinion is the order that lets you get back up and fire at full BS after going to ground behind the aegis for that sweet, sweet 2+ cover save.

Platoon Command: autocannon - 40
Another autocannon and another split-fire source for your lascannon.

Commisar: bolt pistol, close combat weapon - 25
Infantry: autocannon, flamer - 65
Sadly your BS drops to 4 on the icarus but my, look how many autocannons you have! Lots of str7 shots will add a lot to your flier and transport defense. The flamers are purely for overwatch protection.

Leman Russ Battle Tank: camo netting - 165
Fear the almighty hammer of the Imperium.

Aegis Defense Line: icarus lascannon - 85
No argument here.

1000 points on the nose. If going second, you'll probably want to hide your command squads behind the Leman Russ or other LoS blocking terrain so as not to give up first blood.

Last edited by NathanJD; 04-25-14 at 03:12 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-26-14, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJD View Post
Yes, absolutely! By simply cutting down your bike squad and dropping the heavy bolters you can put some serious bodies on the table. Who needs camo cloaks when you can go to ground for a 2+ with twice as many bodies while still being able to fire!?

Primary Detachment
Chaos Lord: nurgle, imperator blade, daemonheart, bike, sigil, blight grenades - 190
5 Chaos Bikes: nurgle, 2 plasma guns, powerfist - 195
I agree on slimming this unit down a bit, especially at 1k.

10 Cultists - 50
10 Cultists - 50
The standard chaos troop choice .

Allied Detachment
Company Command: autocannon - 70
Great for the squad manning the icarus. Take your pick, tank-hunting, ignores cover or split fire are all fantastic on it. Even better in my opinion is the order that lets you get back up and fire at full BS after going to ground behind the aegis for that sweet, sweet 2+ cover save.

Platoon Command: autocannon - 40
Another autocannon and another split-fire source for your lascannon.

Commisar: bolt pistol, close combat weapon - 25
Sadly your BS drops to 4 on the icarus but my, look how many autocannons you have! Lots of str7 shots will add a lot to your flier and transport defense. The flamers are purely for overwatch protection.

Leman Russ Battle Tank: camo netting - 165
Fear the almighty hammer of the Imperium.

Aegis Defense Line: icarus lascannon - 85
No argument here.

1000 points on the nose. If going second, you'll probably want to hide your command squads behind the Leman Russ or other LoS blocking terrain so as not to give up first blood.
Wow. That is certainly a lot more bodies. I never even thought about going down the platoon route with orders, hah. Will definitely give this list a go.

Thanks heaps!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode