1500 pts for Campaign - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
But the Campaign sounds good. I would drop the termis for draznicht plasma chosens, for an extermination unit they rock.
Thanks @Uveron
My only problem is: would they be useful enough/survivable enough? They just are a reactive unit, since i've no way of delivering them in enemy deployment...i could buy a rhino for them, maybe...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 05:43 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Thanks @Uveron
My only problem is: would they be useful enough/survivable enough? They just are a reactive unit, since i've no way of delivering them in enemy deployment...i could buy a rhino for them, maybe...
I agree they no need a way to get up close, but they only need to get into the mid-table. A cheep Rhino may be the best plan. The other plan is perhaps just walk them up behind the other rhinos, keeping them out of LOS until its time to lay down the plasma fire.
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Well, yes. I'd might try to walk the board with them, hiding for the first two turns, likely. And then...BAM plasma death! I'll give them a try.

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 04-26-14, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Still havn't tried the plasma chosen. iInce today i was playing vs AM, i went for a landaraider variant of the list (basically dropping Havocs and the aegis line to give terminators the landy.
It was blown out the second turn, but the terminators managed to get in to cc nonetheless. I tabled my opponent in 5th turn. A sound victory for chaos, only losing 650 pts,.. also, i think i'm not going to regularly field the land raider. too unreliable for its points. next game will be vs space marines, so plasma chosen are going to be tested.
SLAANESH LOVES US ALL!!!

Quote:
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

i've come to know the list of my opponent for tonight: 50 tacticals (5 plasmacannon, 5 meltaguns), 5 rhinos, 3 vindicators, librarian on bike, 5 bikers w/2 melta.
The 50 tac marines are worrying to me... my plan for the battle will be to take out bikers first, then vindicators and then concentrate on the tac squads, both with cc and shooting. So maybe 3 turns staying behind and then pushing forward looking for melee.
I'm just scared about the sheer number of bodies and the fact that he could be able to put a dent on my forces just with plasmacannons. Any thoughts?

Quote:
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 05:36 PM

NathanJD's Flag is: USA

Default 1500 pts for Campaign

If you really want to be a dick... Since you can change 2 units a battle, swap in 2 Helldrakes with baleflamers. None of his blast templates (plasma cannons or vindicators) can even hit fliers and it will be near impossible to get the meltas in range.

I know you said no helldrake but it is the straight counter to massed MEQs. Especially ones with mass templates. The real question is, how badly do want to win?

Otherwise maybe you could load up on blastmasters in heavy cover? You might win out on the template war that way.

Another option would be nurgle spawn. They'll do quite well in combat vs tac squads, will get there quickly to tie them up, don't care about ap2 weapons and with their T6 won't get insta-gibbed by vindicators. Make sure to do full squads of 5 so enough are left to win combat by the time they get there.

No matter what you add, I'd certainly drop the terminators vs all those ap2 templates.

Last edited by NathanJD; 05-02-14 at 05:57 PM.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJD View Post
If you really want to be a dick... Since you can change 2 units a battle, swap in 2 Helldrakes with baleflamers. None of his blast templates (plasma cannons or vindicators) can even hit fliers and it will be near impossible to get the meltas in range.

I know you said no helldrake but it is the straight counter to massed MEQs. Especially ones with mass templates. The real question is, how badly do want to win?

Otherwise maybe you could load up on blastmasters in heavy cover? You might win out on the template war that way.

Another option would be nurgle spawn. They'll do quite well in combat vs tac squads, will get there quickly to tie them up, don't care about ap2 weapons and with their T6 won't get insta-gibbed by vindicators. Make sure to do full squads of 5 so enough are left to win combat by the time they get there.

No matter what you add, I'd certainly drop the terminators vs all those ap2 templates.
lol i thought about dickdrakes too...but that would not be fair. i'm not exactly supposed to know his list, altough he made a mistake by letting info slip over. basically my spies did a great work
this said, yes, i'll probably drop the termins, nice advice ( i was stuck in trying to figure out a way to meke them work) even thou a deepstriking meltadeath unit could be fun. I was thinking to take in another oblit and 5 noise marines w/blastmaster OR 5 chosen, draznicht, 4 plasmaguns, rhino....
Thanks @NathanJD for the insight

Quote:
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

Sorry for the spam, guys
I won the "blastwar". my opponent just deployed badly, and was somewhat scared by my 6 oblits. he tried a pincer manouvre with his rhinos but he ended up just splitting them and they where picked out easily, once at a time. also, due to my sonofabitch deployment he mangaed to shoot his plasmacannons just from 3rd turn only (and the game was already won at that point). Vindicators are a problem, but really need a strong supporting army, otherwise they are just sitting ducks for the first two turns.
Removing terminators was a good idea, so, @NathanJD , have a cookie

Quote:
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 05:01 PM

NathanJD's Flag is: USA

From the mention of 6 Oblits I assume you went with the Noise Marines over the chosen. I'm happy to hear blastmasters won out, although I'm sure the 6 plasma cannons on your Oblits did their fair share. The Cult of Noise is my personal favorite.

Nice job on your counter deployment. Makes me miss the old days of Alpha Legion giving you guaranteed counter deployments every game. I'm hoping to put together a Huron + Cypher list in the future to emulate that again.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 06:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanJD View Post
I'm sure the 6 plasma cannons on your Oblits did their fair share
My sonaofabitch deployment involved placing oblits on a ruin on different levels. minimum scatter meant the blow would fall on the below level, losing it. The aftermath saw a dead oblit. Mainly due to this dirty trick but also due to the very useful Divination power that let me reroll my Sorceror saves. he was put with the oblit in front of the unit and basically absorbed unschated 3 plasma blasts.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode