1500 pts for Campaign - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-28-14, 04:07 PM
Warsmith
 
Uveron's Avatar
Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,190
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator950 View Post
Hence why Berzerkers fell off the map this edition.
Well that and they are overpiced, for 1 point more you can get a Chosen with MOK that has +1 base attacks and a boltgun. (Yes they are not fearless and get furious charge, but with no charging from transports the bolters and overwatch is a better bet)

Or at least that's my view of it.
Uveron is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-28-14, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
neferhet's Avatar
neferhet's Flag is: Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 3,694
Reputation: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
A touch less scary, but not to much.. Good luck with the painting!



Chosen are not that bad, or at least in my book. This is my math hammer against 20 Guards. Overwatch kills about 1.8, Draznicht in Chalanage kills about 1.6, The rest of the squad kills 9.56. So that's a about 12.45 all said and done, they kill 0.8 marines. With a minus -10 LD they have a 0.0833 chance of not fleeing and then a +1 chance of wiping the unit out.

Against 5 assault marines, it works out just as well, they kill 5.58 thought CC and overwatch, to take 0.3 wounds back.

SO no they are not assault specialists. But with 3 attacks each and the re-rolls Draznicht puts out they can do some dammage, give him a better weapon so he can increase the amount of death he can put out, and add in a HQ for additional support, you have quite the powerhouse of a unit.
mmh, why , i forgot preferred enemy was active in melee too...not bad. Still need to find 15 pts for a power-something. maybe drop a plasmagun for a power sword/maul?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
neferhet is offline  
post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-28-14, 05:09 PM
Warsmith
 
Uveron's Avatar
Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,190
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
mmh, why , i forgot preferred enemy was active in melee too...not bad. Still need to find 15 pts for a power-something. maybe drop a plasmagun for a power sword/maul?
Perhaps the 6th Havoc? Also perhaps just look at getting a chainaxe? Its 8pts and will give you the AP 4 which the maul will, and against anyone but the Smurfs it will take away their saves. That also gives you 5 points for a meltabomb somewhere on the list.
Uveron is offline  
 
post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
neferhet's Avatar
neferhet's Flag is: Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 3,694
Reputation: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
Perhaps the 6th Havoc? Also perhaps just look at getting a chainaxe? Its 8pts and will give you the AP 4 which the maul will, and against anyone but the Smurfs it will take away their saves. That also gives you 5 points for a meltabomb somewhere on the list.
Eh, might work! Thanks!
BTW, tonight i tried the second list: vs space marines (won 7-5, almost tabling him) and vs imperial guard (8-3, but it was close call until the 5 th turn).
Not bad at all, also i learned tha my friends are not prepared to face too many 2+guys. Lots of ap3 but no vp2...

Thanks to everyone! (and rep around for some nice hints!)

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
neferhet is offline  
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-29-14, 10:56 PM
Entropy Fetishist
 
Mossy Toes's Avatar
Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Eš
Posts: 4,249
Reputation: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Eh, might work! Thanks!
BTW, tonight i tried the second list: vs space marines (won 7-5, almost tabling him) and vs imperial guard (8-3, but it was close call until the 5 th turn).
Not bad at all, also i learned tha my friends are not prepared to face too many 2+guys. Lots of ap3 but no vp2...

Thanks to everyone! (and rep around for some nice hints!)
Well done! Ah, to be against an army that doesn't have AP2, rending, and/or monstrous creatures everywhere... (my roommates have Eldar and 'Nids)

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Mossy Toes is offline  
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-14, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
neferhet's Avatar
neferhet's Flag is: Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 3,694
Reputation: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Well done! Ah, to be against an army that doesn't have AP2, rending, and/or monstrous creatures everywhere... (my roommates have Eldar and 'Nids)
Thanks mossy, the Fickle Gods blessed me today, but who knows if today they will be as kind?
I guess next time they will change their lists a little, introducing some more ap 2
Oh, well, i'll remove my terminators...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
neferhet is offline  
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-14, 11:45 AM
Senior Member
 
mayegelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 773
Reputation: 13
Default

TBH they were probably having their armies set up to fight everyone except yourself with a few 2+ saves then. Was the fights drawn randomly or did you know which person you face in what order before hand, or some kind of challenge system?
Would have been funny though if the other players were also reading your list on the forums and had planned against it on here
mayegelt is offline  
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-14, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
neferhet's Avatar
neferhet's Flag is: Italy
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Over the rainbow
Posts: 3,694
Reputation: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
TBH they were probably having their armies set up to fight everyone except yourself with a few 2+ saves then. Was the fights drawn randomly or did you know which person you face in what order before hand, or some kind of challenge system?
Would have been funny though if the other players were also reading your list on the forums and had planned against it on here
Eheh, not funny at all for me! I know they are not on heresy (though i proposed them more than once, they are not forum guys ). Also, yes, i think they expected me to bring a shitload of noise marines (my Slaanesh allegiance is well known) and foot horde, hence the abundance of Ap3 and pieplates of mayhem.
Actually we know beforehand who we where going to battle against, we have a map from planetary empires and battle each other accordingly to our army's movement.
Until now the only players that conquered a territory (winning the related battle) are the orks and me! But this was the first turn, so i guess we should still get confortable with our all-comers lists. It is not easy to tone a list properly to face a huge variety of threats. I figured out ,vs Imperial Guard, had he brought a couple tanks more instead of infantry blobs, i would have died horribly. And that is not good...next battle i think i'll be kicking ork asses...need to be the alpha nerd out there...

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
neferhet is offline  
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-14, 04:38 PM
Warsmith
 
Uveron's Avatar
Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,190
Reputation: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Thanks to everyone! (and rep around for some nice hints!)
Glad I could help!

Good luck with the rest of the campaign, keep us updated!
Uveron is offline  
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-30-14, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
mayegelt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 773
Reputation: 13
Default

Sounds like an interesting campaign you have going on. Hopefully you will keep us up to date with it.
mayegelt is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome