LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-26-14, 06:58 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Ok so its another long post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Guys youre are my preferred heretics!

The 3rd Hq i'm not well decided, open to suggestions.
About points of Hq's, since i can swap them freely, I wanted to have 3 different price tags, to get some points when needed be.

OK, if you get to pick your warlord trait I suggest the following! Dark Apostle, MoT, Crozius of the Dark Covenant. Shooting for the Maelstrom of Torment trait, makes all your troops fearless and makes the opponents flee from you!:

So let's build a basic 1000 pts list with The Master of the Hunt as an Hq. Solid core, some heavy support and linebreaker with lord and retinue.

5 Noise Marines
Blastmaster
(125)

5 Noise Marines
Blastmaster
(125)

Fold into one squad, drop a few marines for extra points and add in a mob of cultists, they can shadow the noise marines, and hold objectives (if the HQ doesn't trust them!)

10 Marines
2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
ccw+pistol
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)

Fire!, anyway a nice squad, as this is a core unit I would keep the bolters so you have a bit more flexibility.

3 Obliterators
Nurgle
(228)

Aegis defence line + quad gun
(100)

Looks Good, I would add a unit to use the quad gun, so perhaps 5 marines with MOK and Bolters. (Couter attack is quite fun)

-963-

Also, i know for shure (the advantage of knowing your friends model collections...) that the worst armor i will be facing are AV12-13 with a small, small, small chance of a Smurf Land Raider steaming on the board.

Ok given that I take back my comments about needed more Lascannons, Autocannon fire should work.

So this continues with:

Linebreaker Retinue:

5 Terminators
3 combiplasma
powerfist
Reaper autocannon
(207)

on reflection in a 1500pt game these guys are expensive. A 3 man squad with Combi-plasma could do the job for cheeper? maybe

Fire Support:
7 Havocs
4 autocannons
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(188)

Predator
Full Laser
combibolter
(145)

I wouldn't worry about the combibolter (though a combi-flamer could be fun in the right situation),

Summing up to 1500.

EDIT: Just noticed that if i swap HQ Noise Marines will become elite. So no 3 troops for me. In the basic load out i should then swap a Noise squad with this: 5 marines, melta, combimelta,rhino (130) and remove the combibolter from the Predator. Viable?
I like the idea of a second 5 man marine squad, but I think you may be better served by a stronger 10 man squad of noise marines or just CSM, could work. But Blastmasters are kick-ass.

I look forward to seeing your other lists.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-26-14, 07:05 PM
Warsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
As someone pointed out. Depending how long the campaign takes and how much the group talks between themselves and watches each others battles, you might find that everyone else works out they can force you to have to table them to win by killing all your troop choices. So at min you need 3-4 IMOO.
Other than that it looks kinda cool, it's just a shame you don't have Maulerfiends really, as I love them. Another option could be the Mayhem Pack Dataslate Helbrutes with Meltas and Powerfists as they can then deepstrike and melt the biggest threat your enemy has on the table. Though if you don't have it already you would need to get the dataslate for £3 and maybe the models.
Iam just not sold on the Mayhem pack, its 300+ points invested in reserves. Sure its a cool thing to see them all appear on turn 2 and Melt, tanks to mush. But if they don't show up till turn 3, and then rage so they cannot shoot... that's 20% of your army just doing nothing. I would rather give the helbrutes autocannons and hide them at the back of the table and shoot up some light Armour.
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-26-14, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uveron View Post
Iam just not sold on the Mayhem pack, its 300+ points invested in reserves. Sure its a cool thing to see them all appear on turn 2 and Melt, tanks to mush. But if they don't show up till turn 3, and then rage so they cannot shoot... that's 20% of your army just doing nothing. I would rather give the helbrutes autocannons and hide them at the back of the table and shoot up some light Armour.
Yeah slight prob with them, though TBH I always try to fit in a Comm Relay into any force with more than 200pts of reserves what if he is using deepstriking termys and outflankers then it is kinda needed to make it a 90% chance (almost) to arrive.

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-26-14, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

A couple of precisations: i roll random traits for warlords, so... also, no dataslates or any other add on, just a codex, plain and simple (Crimson sl. are a codex so...)

Quote:
Ok so its another long post!

LOTS OF USEFUL STUFF

I like the idea of a second 5 man marine squad, but I think you may be better served by a stronger 10 man squad of noise marines or just CSM, could work. But Blastmasters are kick-ass.

I look forward to seeing your other lists.
Sooo, food for thoughts here, @Uveron i'm trimming again:

The Master of the Hunt
Slaanesh Lord
Daemonheart
Steed of Slaanesh
Sigils of Corruption
Slaughter horns
L.Claw
-Princeps of Deceit Trait-
(185)

10 Cultists
ccw+pistols
(50)

10 Noise Marines
2 Blastmasters
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(287)

10 Marines "Twisted Firestarters"
2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
bolters (agree with you, uveron. more useful like this)
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)

3 Obliterators
Nurgle
(228)

(100)

---1050--- BASIC LOADOUT---

Linebreaker Retinue: since 3 terminators are not so scary, i'm going to do kamikaze properly, less resilience but tons of pain:
5 chosen
Draznicht
5 plasmaguns
(175)

Fire Support:
6 Havocs
4 autocannons
(128)

Predator
Full Laser
(140)

---TOTAL 1493---

The more i look at the predator, the less i'm, sold on it...wouldn't 5 havocs w/3 lascannons be better?
Or, since i feel with the Master of The Hunt i should focus on supporting him, i'd go for 5 Spawns (150) to apply some pressure, bringing the total to 1503, but that's ok. I'd save the Fulllas Preddy for the ivination Sorceror list, where i would almost solely focus on shooting. Sounds bad?
Also, i will be able to test the list saturday morning, before the real campaign begins

EDIT: Forgot to add the second list...

Malikai the Sorceror
Terminator Sorceror
2nd level
Balestar of Mannon
-"He and unit have crusader" warlord trait-
(140)

10 Cultists
ccw+pistols
(50)

10 Noise Marines
2 Blastmasters
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(287)

2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)

3 Obliterators
Nurgle
(228)

(100)

For the basics, using 1005 pts, then

Linebreakers/retinue:
5 Terminators
3 combiplasma
reaper autocannon
(197)

Fire support:
6 Havocs
4 autocannons
(128)

6 havocs
4 lascannons
(168)

---another 493 pts--- for a total of 1498

Altough termins are costly, i couldn't really help but use them as a retinue for Malikai. Also, the extra versatility of deepstriking them could prove useful. No?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 03-26-14 at 09:43 PM.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-27-14, 02:37 AM
Warsmith

Quote:
A couple of precisations: i roll random traits for warlords, so... also, no dataslates or any other add on, just a codex, plain and simple (Crimson sl. are a codex so...)

Ok, random traits make things a bit more problematic. But my thoughts is I would keep the 3rd HQ as I described in my last post and roll on the comand traits. You will get something that adds addtional buffs within that 12' bubble. So Fearless, Hatered and some additional bonus.. anyway.

10 Cultists
ccw+pistols
(50)

Add a Flamer or Heavy Stubber.

10 Noise Marines
2 Blastmasters
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(287)

A much better unit, quite a scary amount of firepower. But if you can find 10 more points, giving the AC a combi-melta or flamer(or even doom siren) normally I would advise against it. But as a core unit you will not get to change much, it will help if you need that little bit more shooting) (or just overwatch template fun)

Linebreaker Retinue: since 3 terminators are not so scary, i'm going to do kamikaze properly, less resilience but tons of pain:
5 chosen
Draznicht
5 plasmaguns
(175)

A much more fun unit, what is the plan to get them into range?

Or, since i feel with the Master of The Hunt i should focus on supporting him, i'd go for 5 Spawns (150) to apply some pressure, bringing the total to 1503, but that's ok. I'd save the Fulllas Preddy for the ivination Sorceror list, where i would almost solely focus on shooting. Sounds bad?

I think you should split the difference, Iam not a huge fan of the tri-las predator. But a single twinliked cannon can do alot of damage sniping at the right targets. (or at least in my experience). But by dropping the sponsons you can aford a spawn or two, you may be find a few other economys to get a few more

Malikai the Sorceror
Terminator Sorceror
2nd level
Balestar of Mannon
(140)

Looks good, what kit is going on the terminator armour?

Linebreakers/retinue:
5 Terminators
3 combiplasma
reaper autocannon
(197)

With Crusader both these units would be ace. I would look at giveing them both Mark of Tzeentch. Makes that invul save that little bit better. (or at least the Terminators).

Fire support:
6 Havocs
4 autocannons
(128)

6 havocs
4 lascannons
(168)

That is quite a few heavy weapons, but with divination magic, its going to be quite a fun

Altough termins are costly, i couldn't really help but use them as a retinue for Malikai. Also, the extra versatility of deepstriking them could prove useful. No?
I think the terminators are going to be a good retinue for Malikai, you have alot of uses for them. not to mention just siting them alongside the cultists in a ruine and waiting for an the oppoent to come and get you. I will have a think again when more awake, but I hope this help!
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-27-14, 07:05 AM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
The Master of the Hunt
Slaanesh Lord
Daemonheart
Steed of Slaanesh
Sigils of Corruption
Slaughter horns
L.Claw
(185)

I'd like to see a second weapon on this guy still, for more killing

10 Cultists
ccw+pistols
(50)

10 Noise Marines
2 Blastmasters
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(287)

2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)

yeeeeeeeeeeeeew. I like the look of these guys.

3 Obliterators
Nurgle
(228)

Hot. Sticky. Mess

(100)

Read above.

---1050--- BASIC LOADOUT---

5 chosen
Draznicht
5 plasmaguns
(175)

Fire Support:
6 Havocs
4 autocannons
(128)

Predator
Full Laser
(140)

I like these options too. Good choices!

---TOTAL 1493---

The more i look at the predator, the less i'm, sold on it...wouldn't 5 havocs w/3 lascannons be better?
Also, i will be able to test the list saturday morning, before the real campaign begins

EDIT: Forgot to add the second list...

Malikai the Sorceror
Terminator Sorceror
2nd level
Balestar of Mannon
(140)

Cool name for him. Mine is named Nehemoth! They should get together for poker night....

10 Cultists
ccw+pistols
(50)

10 Noise Marines
2 Blastmasters
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(287)

2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)

3 Obliterators
Nurgle
(228)

(100)

All G here!

For the basics, using 1005 pts, then

Linebreakers/retinue:
5 Terminators
3 combiplasma
reaper autocannon
(197)

Fire support:
6 Havocs
4 autocannons
(128)

6 havocs
4 lascannons
(168)

I like the havocs! Not sold on the Termis but you look like you have a plan for them.

For your third HQ, why not go a Daemon Prince of nurgle with a BBoS? Or are the artefacts from the CSM codex out of the question? If so, take the new sword and a Daemon Heart with the MoS and wings, maybe the horns of relentless too for furious charge and rage, add that with Rending, could be a devastating mix!

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-27-14, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittsy View Post
For your third HQ, why not go a Daemon Prince of nurgle with a BBoS? Or are the artefacts from the CSM codex out of the question? If so, take the new sword and a Daemon Heart with the MoS and wings, maybe the horns of relentless too for furious charge and rage, add that with Rending, could be a devastating mix!
only relics from Crimson Slaughter, sadly Also, daemon princes cannot take Daemonheart, right? A Slaanesh DP with the horns and power armour... nice..
It looks so costly, though...

Quote:
The Master of the Hunt
Slaanesh Lord
Daemonheart
Steed of Slaanesh
Sigils of Corruption
Slaughter horns
L.Claw
(185)

I'd like to see a second weapon on this guy still, for more killing
mmh, yes i think that too, but he will be reaching 200 pts...a thing i wish to avoid. maybe dropping the Horns, replaced by a poweraxe (poor man's fisticlaw...)?

Quote:
5 chosen
Draznicht
5 plasmaguns
(175)

A much more fun unit, what is the plan to get them into range?
Outflanking with The Master of the Hunt should bring them at least in 24" range from something...

Quote:
Malikai the Sorceror
Terminator Sorceror
2nd level
Balestar of Mannon
(140)

Cool name for him. Mine is named Nehemoth! They should get together for poker night....
Yes he will gladly accept your invitation. No Telepathy tricks, please!
Also, he will sport a combibolter and power halberd (count as axe)

Quote:
I think you should split the difference, Iam not a huge fan of the tri-las predator. But a single twinliked cannon can do alot of damage sniping at the right targets. (or at least in my experience). But by dropping the sponsons you can aford a spawn or two, you may be find a few other economys to get a few more
Let's see...since that even for Malikai's list i've dropped the preddy in favor of the much more performant havocs...even for the Hunt Master i can drop it and go supporting him. I take your suggestion on the noise marines and cultists, but for Motz termins...too many points for a unit that will be swamped in small arms fire, i think
So i have, in List 1, 140 pts, used as follows: 4 spawns (120), doom siren on Noise champ & Flamer on the cultists (20). This will mark a difference between lists and give some more templates for killing DE and orks. Spawns can be a problem for everyone, if well directed.

About the 3rd Hq, The Dark Apostle with Crozius and meltabombs...mmmh 140 pts, resilient enough and Zealot bubble...but not so scary in cc...The Slaanesh Prince with Horns and Power armour, wings, 235 pts. Another costly hq, strong, fast, resilient...but not so easy to keep alive, due to his MC status. The Apostle i like more, but he would need more than 2 swapped units to keep it working... The DP can work with every list but he risks of getting targeted to death every game...Also, no special abilities, just smashing things...
Due to point issues i think i'm going for the Apostle...

Anyway, Here are the two lists, with final changes: (wall of text incoming)

The Master of the Hunt
Slaanesh Lord
Daemonheart
Steed of Slaanesh
Sigils of Corruption
Power Axe
L.Claw
(185)

10 Cultists
ccw+pistols
Flamer
(55)

10 Noise Marines
2 Blastmasters
1 Doom Siren
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(302)

2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)

3 Obliterators
Nurgle
(228)

(100)

--- BASIC LOADOUT---

Linebreaker Retinue:
5 chosen "Anal Intruders, Black Troupe"
Draznicht
5 plasmaguns
(175)

Fire Support:
6 Havocs "Squad Futeor, Pink group"
4 autocannons
(128)

Assault Support:
4 Spawns (120) "The Hounds"

---TOTAL 1493---

SECOND LIST

Terminator Sorceror "Malikai the Sorceror"
2nd level
Balestar of Mannon
(140)

10 Cultists "Cult of the Purple Tourniquet"
ccw+pistols
Flamer
(55)

10 Noise Marines "Anal Intruders, Pink Troupe"
2 Blastmasters
1 Doom Siren
Rhino + Havoc launcher
(302)

2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
bolters
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)

3 Obliterators "Pain-killers"
Nurgle
(228)

(100)

For the basics, using 1025 pts, then

Linebreakers/retinue:
5 Terminators "Hand of Chaos"
3 combiplasma
reaper autocannon
(197)

Fire support:
6 Havocs "Squad Futeor, Pink group"
4 autocannons
(128)

6 havocs "Squad Futeor, Black group"
3 lascannons (had to drop one lascannon, otherwise couldn't swap only 2 units, needed a third swap...)
(148)

for a total of 1498

SOme final thoughts? I think we are an inch from to the goal!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-27-14, 09:22 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
...saaay, have you read Erikson's Crack'd Pot Trail? (the antagonists that the main cast are chasing are a necromancer and a demon summoner that they call the Nehemoth)

That's a pretty clean looking list, neferhet. Dunno if you need the doom siren on the Noise Marines--I'd rather upgrade the Lord's power axe to a fist, or something (why go poor man's Axeiclaw when that loses you an attack and is only 10 points cheaper?). Still, it can serve as a useful Overwatch deterrent, I suppose. By a similar coin, I dunno if the cultists need a flamer, since any points spent on them feel... unnecessary. I'd rather spend whatever few points left over on purchased CCWs for the firestarters, I think.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-27-14, 10:10 PM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
...saaay, have you read Erikson's Crack'd Pot Trail? (the antagonists that the main cast are chasing are a necromancer and a demon summoner that they call the Nehemoth)
I can honestly say I have not, although it sounds cool! Nehemoth is the name of the Chaos Sorcerer from the Space Marine game.

Quote:
Yes he will gladly accept your invitation. No Telepathy tricks, please!
Also, he will sport a combibolter and power halberd (count as axe)
Funny enough, mine will also be bringing his force halberd, but only a bolt pistol. He's not made of money.

As for your lists, I approve.I understand you don't want the Hunt Master being too costly.

Quote:
only relics from Crimson Slaughter, sadly Also, daemon princes cannot take Daemonheart, right? A Slaanesh DP with the horns and power armour... nice..
"May not be taken by a daemon prince" fuck. All my plans out the window. But isn't it funny how a daemon prince can't have a daemon heart? How do they love without a heart? Slaanesh DP would be the cheapest option though, he'd only be around 200 points and be devastating! You could name him "Improbus Unum" latin for "Heartless One" because he can't have a heart

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-28-14, 12:30 AM
Warsmith

Quote:
Very Costly, With the CS, I would keep it cheep and simple. In my Book the reasion the DP is so kick ass in the nomal CSM lists is the black mace. Not having it on the list makes it less than great.

Quote:
About the 3rd Hq, The Dark Apostle with Crozius and meltabombs...mmmh 140 pts, resilient enough and Zealot bubble...but not so scary in cc...The Slaanesh Prince with Horns and Power armour, wings, 235 pts. Another costly hq, strong, fast, resilient...but not so easy to keep alive, due to his MC status. The Apostle i like more, but he would need more than 2 swapped units to keep it working... The DP can work with every list but he risks of getting targeted to death every game...Also, no special abilities, just smashing things...
Due to point issues i think i'm going for the Apostle...
The Apostle is scary in the correct situations. Give him the MOS and let him smash people in challenges, its all about the bodyguard the chosen are a good plan. (Just keep some cultists within his 12" bubble of death)

Quote:
2 Flamers
1 combiflamer champion
Rhino + combiflamer
(200)
Not sure if you have the points but MOK, would make them 3 attack units on the first turn of CC (4 on the assault). They become a great unit to hold an objective lots of overwatch shots (In 3D3 flamer hits) and then 31 CC attacks. Should be able to melt most Ork mobs.

Quote:
(100)
You may want to check out Obsticals from Stronghold assault (if you are allowed), some 12+6' of razorwire could be fun plan!

--- BASIC LOADOUT---

Quote:
Linebreaker Retinue:
5 chosen "Anal Intruders, Black Troupe"
Draznicht
5 plasmaguns
(175)
Great unit, I would think about giving Draznicht some type of CC weapon to help out in chalanges!

Quote:
6 havocs "Squad Futeor, Black group"
3 lascannons (had to drop one lascannon, otherwise couldn't swap only 2 units, needed a third swap...)
(148)
Hmm... Interesting. May be just 2 Oblits in place of the second Havoc squad? I cannot help but think that list 2 is missing something. Not sure why...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode