1500 points of wretched nurgle goodness - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-08, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Default 1500 points of wretched nurgle goodness

This is my first army list on this site,if its not written properly blame grandfather nurgle for rotting my brain

HQ-Daemon Prince
mark of nurgle
wings
wind of chaos(or nurgles rot,depending on who im fighting against)

180 points
Elites-chosen
6 chosen
5 plasma guns
183 points

Troops-squad one
8 Plague marine
power fist
personal icon
2 plasma guns
aspiring champ
259 points

squad two
8 plague marines
2 plasma guns
aspiring champ
power weapon
combi weapon
personal icon 249 points

squad three
7 plague marines
2 plasma guns
aspiring champ
personal icon
power weapon
226 points

Heavy Support-chaos havocs
6 chaos havocs
4 heavy bolters
150 points

2 obliterators
150 points

2 rhinos 100 points

This is my 1500 point army,i like it,the daemon prince will fly around supporting my troops with some close combat punch,my chosen either infiltrate,go in a rhino, im going to use them as a suicide squad with their five plasma guns,the havocs will change their weapons depending on the enemy,this version is for an eldar army ill probably be playing against,at the moment the four heavy bolters will be used to lay down some heavy fire support,supporting my troops,my troops are the dependable base of my army,they can either rhino it or move through cover to complete the mission,ill keep at least two squads together and use the smaller third squad as a diversion or supporting my havocs against nasty infiltrators,and finally my obliterators will deep strike and blow the pants of anything with an engine or big walking things
any advice is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-08, 03:28 AM

It look alright to me except I'm not a huge fan of the heavy choices. When I play my death guard I like tanks over troops(for heavy support) and in fifth I'm especially fond of the defiler. I personally don't run a daemon prince, but to me that's just a style of play I guess. Have you gotten to playtest it much yet and if so how'd you fair?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-08, 05:03 PM

cranvill's Flag is: England

nice list but i would think about dropping the chosen for another troop choice with the new edistion rules its now soo importent to bulk up on troop choices and 180 pts to use a susicude squad is a bit of a waste IMOO.

Let us know how you get with the list though as iam thinking of building something simler for my next army.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-01-08, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the feed back i played against ELDAR with this army my troop placement was poor i used my chosen badly and did not support them i also put two of my squads in RHNOS when they would have been better used straight away i like the idea of my PLASMA chosen but they need to support something else

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode