Khorne Army 1500pts Advice Needed!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-25-14, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

BornCanEmo's Flag is: Canada

Default Khorne Army 1500pts Advice Needed!!

Hey, so I'm just getting into the Chaos marine army after being a Dark Angel player so I decided I wanted to build a Khorne list, so here is my 1500 pt list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 7

HQ:
Chaos Lord: Mark of Khorne, Terminator armor, Axe of Blind Fury, Brand of Skalathrax, Dimensional Key, and Gift of Mutation= 205pts
Dark Apostle: Mark of Khorne, Gift of Mutation, Veterans of the Long War= 125pts

Troops:
Chaos Cultists: Mark of Khorne 20x, 10x cultists, 8x autoguns, Shotgun, Heavy Stubber and Flamer= 150pts
Khorne Berzerkers: 7x Berzerkers, Chainaxe 6x, Plasma Pistol 2x, Gift of Mutation= 296pts
Chaos Space Marines: Mark of Khorne 5x, Meltagun, Replace Boltgun With CC Weapon 3x, Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs, Combi-melta= 120pts
Chaos Space Marines: Mark of Khorne 5x, Plasma Gun, Replace Boltgun With CC Weapon 3x, Gift of Mutation, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol= 140pts

Elites:
Chaos Terminators: 2x Chaos Terminators, Mark of Khorne, Power Fist 2x, Combi-plasma 3x, Combi-flamer, Reaper Autocannon, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Wrath= 266pts

Fast Attack:
Warp Talons: Mark of Khorne, Gift of Mutation 2x= 200pts

Total= 1502pts

(As its not a tournament list, I hope anybody I go against is ok with the list being 2pts over )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 01:32 AM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Being a closet Khorne lover (my WoC army is Khorne theme'd) I always like seeing peoples 40K Khorne lists. I have used Khorne as "allies" to my Deathguard though, and have had success with using them. Here's my thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornCanEmo View Post
to build a Khorne list, so here is my 1500 pt list. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated 7

HQ:
Chaos Lord: Mark of Khorne, Terminator armor, Axe of Blind Fury, Brand of Skalathrax, Dimensional Key, and Gift of Mutation= 205pts

This guy here, it seems is kitted out for a bit of shooting (BBoS with torrent makes it a raned weapon imo, and CC. I'd probably scrap the Burning Brand, make him a 1 sided beast, I'd also scrap the D-Key, it's only good if you are planning to deepstrike other parts of your army, as you need to slay someone in CC first before its active.

Dark Apostle: Mark of Khorne, Gift of Mutation, Veterans of the Long War= 125pts

You could give this guy the Burning Brand to make him actually worth your while, throw him in your cultist blob and long range flame everyone who comes near.

Troops:
Chaos Cultists: Mark of Khorne 20x, 10x cultists, 8x autoguns, Shotgun, Heavy Stubber and Flamer= 150pts

These guys are good if you give them the cover they need to survive. I've had a 10man cultist squad with all autoguns and a Stubber take out the dreaded Belial from half range. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Khorne Berzerkers: 7x Berzerkers, Chainaxe 6x, Plasma Pistol 2x, Gift of Mutation= 296pts

You could probably ditch those plasma pistols, you're only going to do 2 wounds with them before you charge into combat and... lets face it... you're probably going to do 8-10wounds OVER what you need in CC with these guys anyway...Melta bombs go well with them, incase you cross a dreadnaught.

Chaos Space Marines: Mark of Khorne 5x, Meltagun, Replace Boltgun With CC Weapon 3x, Gift of Mutation, Melta Bombs, Combi-melta= 120pts
Chaos Space Marines: Mark of Khorne 5x, Plasma Gun, Replace Boltgun With CC Weapon 3x, Gift of Mutation, Lightning Claw, Plasma Pistol= 140pts

I'd like to see this squad merged into a 10man, 5man squads just don't last in this new addition of the game. Kit them out with plasmas or meltas. If you go the plasma route, don't bother marking them or giving them CCWs, plasma is used for range!

Elites:
Chaos Terminators: 2x Chaos Terminators, Mark of Khorne, Power Fist 2x, Combi-plasma 3x, Combi-flamer, Reaper Autocannon, Gift of Mutation, Icon of Wrath= 266pts

Minimum is 3 for this unit (2 termis and a champion) and can only take a Reaper A/C if you have 5 termis. You also have more weapons than what the unit totals to. I'd increase to 5 if you have the points and kit them all with combi-plas or combi-meltas and take a heavy flamer, I'm guessing your lord is going in this squad so you don't really want much ranged attack, more CC based You could take Power Axes instead of fists to save points.

Fast Attack:
Warp Talons: Mark of Khorne, Gift of Mutation 2x= 200pts

These guys I don't much like, great for deepstriking, but... you can't charge on a turn you land, so they get blown to bits. An alternative would be to take bikers and put your lord on a juggernaught and throw him into the biker squad, watch as his Ravenwing bikes become useless to your enormous amounts of attacks on the charge (or not on the charge as you have counter attack!) To give you an idea of how good Khorne Bikers are, I challenged the Ultramarine Captain Sicarius to a challenge with my basic champion (so my lord could wreck his sternguard) and actually killed him in the first round! And that was with a CCW, not a power weapon. Needless to say.... that squad didn't last.

All in all, I'd probably drop the Gifts of Mutations you have on your champions to save points too, the gifts are pretty lame as it is, and you can't get that awesome dark apotheosis on the first turn...If you end up taking a juggerlord in a biker squad, you could give him the dimensional key and deepstrike your terminators into battle!

Total= 1502pts

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode