Help needed please on list for a club tournament 1999 points - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-14, 03:30 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
(these were from competitive lists where a bodyguard would have helped)
Remember he can join a unit and grant them outflank too!
Also: noise marines are awesome! My friends prohibited me using 3 units of those fuckers... lol

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

What a result last night versus Blood Angels. Took all 6 victory points and was so close to tabling him. His HQ sanguinis took a while to defeat using Abaddon but everything else was relatively straight forward.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-22-14, 09:29 AM

Great! Good to hear that!

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Another couple of wins over the last few weeks

Beat a fellow Chaos player that was very close and had it gone to turn 7 I may well not have won.

More recently I beat IG and this is the victory I was proud of. Seen as I didn't have much that can hurt front armour 14 on all 9 of his tanks my tactics won me the game.

Deep striking terminators took one tank out and the Lord outflanked with 5 Plasma to remove another but that's all I had. Ended up claiming 1 objective in cover by the skin of my teeth. He had 2 tanks 2inchs from me but I saved a lot of 4+ saves. The drake got me warlord. I could have had linebreaker with better movement. But best of all he flew a squad in near the end to get linebreaker. Thing is I'd left Abaddon right at the back in cover purely for that reason ;) Abaddon charged, killed and a lot and they fell back out of my deployment zone. Won 2-1
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-14, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Well the tournament has finished and after a dismal start I pushed hard at the end and held mid table. Finished just above my mate which was the main aim :D Just wish it was play each other twice as I played my tough opponents first and I think I'd stand a better chance since I gained more experience from my list.

I've got to say this list was a great all rounder capable of dealing with most armies and when I lost it was due to bad tactics and/or my limited knowledge.

Now it's on to 7th so we will see what that brings.

Thanks again Neferhet
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-30-14, 08:03 AM

It was my pleasure to help you with list building. It's always good to hear that a fellow Heretic went from noob to good tactician ;)
And making mid-rank in your first tourney? wow! Tzeentch will be pleased!
I wish i could say i did the same, back in my days...

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode