Help needed please on list for a club tournament 1999 points - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-14, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

I plan to try this list out this afternoon on a mate who plays Dark Angels; he's also a newbie. I spent some time last night writing out my roster and noting down the tactics advice given to me. I do have a question if you get a minute please neferhet, no rush with this though. And just tell me to bog off if you feel like my personal 40k trainer. :sly:

Would Abaddon and Terminators deep strike together? And what would I do if deep striking was looking very risky?

I will be deep striking them today as I need to get over my fear of deep striking. I don't think I could sleep well if I lost them all due to a mishap! :o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-16-14, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

2 games today and won both. This list worked a treat. Sussed the deep striking out, I always thought normal terrain caused a mishap but it doesn't. Murder sword was great too, killed in first game but wasn't needed second game; warlord already disposed off. Abaddon and Terminators lost to Deathwing knights in smite mode 2nd game. Really enjoyed using plenty of marines, something I'd never done as with Chaos I tend to assault ASAP. Overall, a very fun list to use with potential to do really well.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 09:46 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
Any tips on grafting plasma/flamers on chosen from the DV box set or should I post elsewhere for that? If this works I would like to have the actual weapons on the models.
I am not really the right guy to ask ;)
Try in the modeling and painting area!

Quote:
Would Abaddon and Terminators deep strike together? And what would I do if deep striking was looking very risky?
You want them to deepstrike togheter, yes. If you think that the board is too cramped with terrain, then...you can always advance them on the board but that is going to be slow and painful. Enemy will just shoot you to pieces, unless you deploy and move well.

Quote:
I don't think I could sleep well if I lost them all due to a mishap! :o
Amen on that. once i lost 3 whole units of deepstrikers due to unbelievable scattering and mishap. really funny... nonetheless i snatched a draw that's part of the fun!!

Quote:
Abaddon and Terminators lost to Deathwing knights in smite mode
Well, that is bad a tough fight, you could have won as well!
Maybe if you feel that the murder sword is unnecessary you could swap it for the Burning brand of Skalatrax. Funny and deadly even if troop killer instead of HQ killer.

No problem to ask some advice and no problem for me to answer ;)

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Bad news losing 3 units through mishaps!!! With Abaddon and his Terminators, I'd already won the first game comfortably so risked a deep strike to within 6" of my opponents landraider, hoping to blast it with the meltas. Thing is I scattered 10" the opposite direction. I then took loads of shots and the LR decided to swivel and out popper the knights. Those things are mean! Eventually I needed to survive 8 invuls on Abaddon alone, he came out with 1 life. He then took his remaining life himself with the Daemon blade All part of the learning curve I suppose. If only rolling 1s was good!

I will submit this list to my club tonight (hopefully no one in my club is on here)
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 12:26 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

I'm really surprised no one suggested Be'lakor. He's a beast, but I guess it also depends on if your league was going to allow Dataslates.

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

No Be'lakor allowed unfortunately! He has been great to use though.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 02:03 PM

Quote:
He then took his remaining life himself with the Daemon blade
Wel..that sucks! that is why he fails to end properly the black crusades, i guess...good luck for the tourney!!

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-14, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

A little update on the tournament. Before I tell you I'm near the bottom of the tournament league, this list is very good in many ways. So I'm not winning but doing very well against some good players.

I have thoroughly enjoyed using more marines and in the games I have used the marines as I planned they have done me proud. Problems arise when I get the fearless bunch locked in combat against a good combat army. Works well when locking up a decent squad for a few turns but not when I'd be better shooting. Don't forget, I'm not aware who I'm coming up against so not always sure who to steer clear off.

The Lord with the murder sword has been hit and miss. Chosen don't really protect him and the. Cleverer opponents have instant deathed him and outflanking screwed me over once or twice. However, he has killed with the sword once and gained me line breaker twice.

Loving the Havocs with Autocannons. I would normally go straight for lascannons but I've seen the way with Autocannons.

Chosen with flamers are good when used right. Still need to get the best when using them against the better players.

Abaddon is a real dakka magnet. But I love using him. Great fun and looks the part.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-14, 02:09 PM

Well, the list is not so competitive: if you end up fighting a tourney intended list, you will lose. but i'm glad you are enjoing the game! it's the real victory, for me!
How comes that outflanking screwed you? He has Acute senses...so...you mean by reserve rolls?

Quote:
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-14, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

It has been a lot of fun to use. One week we could add 500 points so tried a few blobs of noise marines. This was the first time I'd used them and will be using them again.

Yeah got the outflank rules right but out of the 5 games: twice he failed despite re rolls, twice he was blasted before reaching his target (these were from competitive lists where a bodyguard would have helped) and the other worked fine but didn't get to kill his target but gained line breaker and a few marine kills along the way. The murder sword can and will serve its purpose but as it appears to be rarely used, my opponents are wary and adjust well. I will need to think more about using it with that in mind and make it work to my advantage.

Play again tonight against blood Angels. I've played, twice versus white scar bikes- one fluffy and one cheesy they beat me relatively easily. Orks was close but struggled playing Dawn of War table and couldn't steer clear of close combat. Dark Angels, this is when we used an extra 500 points and we drew 3-3. Eldar were just too strong plus I didn't know how good an Avatar was in cc!

This tournament and list has helped me play the game a lot quicker. Bring on the Blood Angels, Nids, Imperial Guard and finally a civil war against two Chaos Marines players that are both very different.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode