1000 Points of Chaotic Goodness - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-14, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Asterlan's Flag is: Australia

Default 1000 Points of Chaotic Goodness

Hey everybody!

Here's a list for some thoughts for you all that id like some help with ill be using 30k models which will explain some choices in the list I want contemptor dread models and I wanted vindicator but couldn't find the points well the theme of the army is Iron Warriors I love Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists but don't think dorn will make a showing anytime soon anyway onto the list!

HQ: 140
Chaos Lord - Black Mace - Bolt Pistol - Sigil of Corruption - VoTLW - 140

Troops: 433
(9) Chaos Space Marines - Power Maul/Axe - Meltabombs - Meltagun - Replace Boltgun with CCW x7 - Additional CCW x1 - VoTLW - Rhino - 203

(10) Chaos Space Marines - Power Fist - Meltagun x2 - VoTLW - Rhino - 230

Elites: 215
Helbrute - Power Fist with Combi-Bolter - Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter - 110
Helbrute - Power Fist with Combi-Bolter - Multi-Melta - 105

Heavy Support: 210
Predator - Autocannon - Heavy Bolter Sponsons - 95
Predator - Autocannon - Lascannon Sponsons - 115

Thanks for reading!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-14, 01:57 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Hey, not a bad list to start with I have a few suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterlan View Post
Hey everybody!

HQ: 140
Chaos Lord - Black Mace - Bolt Pistol - Sigil of Corruption - VoTLW - 140

The Black Mace works best on a Daemon Prince, its only AP4 so its effectiveness is allot lower, I would look towards just a plain Power Sword or The Burning Brand for some Shooting Fun

Troops: 433
(9) Chaos Space Marines - Power Maul/Axe - Meltabombs - Meltagun - Replace Boltgun with CCW x7 - Additional CCW x1 - VoTLW - Rhino - 203

(10) Chaos Space Marines - Power Fist - Meltagun x2 - VoTLW - Rhino - 230

I would put the Power Fist with the Lords Squad and drop the other Power Weapon, its allot of points that could be spent on havocs for the Rhinos or another unit

Helbrute - Power Fist with Combi-Bolter - Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter - 110
Helbrute - Power Fist with Combi-Bolter - Multi-Melta - 105

Not a Huge fan of the Combi-Bolter in a Helbrute, but it is cheaper than the Heavy Flamer, you may be better saving the points (at least on the MM Helbrute)

Predator - Autocannon - Lascannon Sponsons - 115

I have never been a fan of the Auto-Cannon/Lascannon Sponsons set up on a Predator, Its 'pricey' and still only realy a AV 12 or lower hunter. I would Swich to a TL Lascannon turret, and make it a dedicated heavy armour hunter, at this point level it will be quite effective

Thanks for reading!
I also want to bring up VoTLW, its a nice upgrade but not worth it in my book. But if you are set on using it, perhaps its worth looking at the Black Legion Supliment. It has some nice Artifcats to replace the black mace with, and with some point compressing you could turn that unit of 9 marines in to chosen... (you may have to settle for an 8 man squad depending on upgrades you want to keep)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for commenting here's an updated list taking on your advice I moved some points around and went with the black legion (forgot about those guys!) everyone has VoTLW.

HQ: 125
Chaos Lord - The Spineshiver Blade - Sigil of Corruption - 125

Troops: 448
(9x) Chosen - Meltagun - Mark of Slaanesh - 208
Rhino - 35

(10x) Warriors of Chaos - Meltagun x2 - 170
Rhino - 35

Helbrute - Multi-Melta - Combi-Bolter - 105
Helbrute - Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter - Combi-Bolter - 110

Predator - Autocannon - Lascannon Sponsobs - 115

Thanks and I lost some weapons maybe the chosen won't work that well but more attacks and initiative 5 should give them the edge

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 10:13 AM

If you're using that many chosen with the MoS, I'd try to find some points for the icon of excess. Anything to keep them alive for longer. A 5+ FNP means at the very least, you can't be toasted off an objective by a heldrake in 1 turn.
Thats my preference - I've been running an entirely slaanesh Black Legion list lately.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 10:21 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Rhino - 35
This unit make jesus cry. seriously. i'll explain why:
you are payng 208 pts for 9 marines with an attack more, with no special abilities nor peculiar capabilities in cc, not only, when they disembark, they are going to shoot with their bolters alone because they do not have a special weapon to fire...so it's a 208 pts unit useful only vs small, squishy backfield units (30 orks will just eat them alive). the lord inside is just an easy prey, with this unit.
I suggest you to use chosen's strenght: special weapons. so, no cc unit but a firing squad, with the cc dissuasion given by the lord.
So, 7 models, 4 meltaguns and mark of nurgle + VotLW = 201
less points, more resilient, more havoc when shooting.
My two cents

Edit: also this
Quote:
Is plain worse than a twin linked autocannon for 105 pts. you save 5 points and give meltabombs to the War of Choas champion

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

Last edited by neferhet; 02-11-14 at 10:30 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-14, 01:06 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Hey again, thought I would make some other comments neferhet has a some good points, but I may repeat him a bit, but I have a few differing views.

Quote:

Chaos Lord - The Spineshiver Blade - Sigil of Corruption - 125

Nice, He is running quite cheap and effective. Melta Bombs could be a nice addtion if you have the points to spare

Rhino - 35

OK, Drop the Mark. It will give you the points for some additional Special weapons. Now I think 9 chosen that drop out of the rhino in cover can handle 30 orks (If normal CSM can do it then Chosen Can). but saying that if you can find the points (even by cutting models) the mark of nurgle will make them much less fragile

(10x) Warriors of Chaos - Meltagun x2 - 170
Rhino - 35

Helbrute - Multi-Melta - Combi-Bolter - 105

As you are trying to find points for additional special weapons, the Combi-Bolters are a good sacrifice. Iam unsure about the TL Heavy Bolter; I have never used one but I can understand neferhet's view that the autocannon is better, I personaly use a Plasmacannon as an AP 2 blast is always nice to bring to the table

Predator - Autocannon - Lascannon Sponsobs - 115

Same comment as last review! But they are really not that bad

Thanks and I lost some weapons maybe the chosen won't work that well but more attacks and initiative 5 should give them the edge
As a Semi-Competive list at 1000pts you should be winning quite a few games. Sure the chosen can be more effective but even with this list and some sound tactical judgement you should be able to win a fair bit. (as long as you have moderate luck)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-14, 04:55 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks for reading,

I've had a look at what I'd like to buy and what I'd like to make and field and taken your comments into consideration and thought about the overall feel I want from my Iron Warriors. (Though I'm not sure it's the correct one! ) - Using the Black Legion Dex.

Chaos Lord - Spineshiver Blade - Bolt Pistol - Sigil of Corruption - VoTLW - 125

Troops: 465
Chosen - Meltabombs - Meltagun x3 - Flamer - VoTLW - 220
Rhino - 35

Chaos Space Marines - Meltabombs - Meltagun x2 - VoTLW - 175
Rhino - 35

Helbrute - Power Fist - Combi-Bolter - Multi-Melta - 105
Helbrute - Power Fist - Combi-Bolter - Heavy Bolter - 110

Heavy Support: 195
Defiler - 195

I'm planning to convert up something like a massive walker to be the Defiler and use him as a centrepiece model. Im overall fairly happy with this list but any last comments would be great. I like the Combi-Bolters on the Helbrutes simply because I like to represent what the models actually have.

Well thanks again for all your help!

Last edited by Asterlan; 02-14-14 at 09:45 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode