Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Need Help With a 3500 Point Escalation List

2K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  Uveron 
#1 ·
I am having a big escalation match with a good friend of mine in the middle of February when both of us have a week off from school, so I wanted get some good advice from my fellow chaos players. He plays as Imperial Guard, and I know he is going to be allying with Dark Angels in this matchup. I haven't lost to him in a regular 40K game, but I'm very confident he is going to be using the shadow sword for our a match, and I am admittedly uneasy about how I will do against a strength D weapon. I also won't be using a lord of war either. The other units he uses to his joy are his 2 vendettas and 1 vulture (with TL punisher cannon).

As for myself I'm using Daemon allies and I have access to a lot of Daemon Princes, fateweaver, lord of change, Daemonettes, and plaguebearers.

I have most of the CSM codex at my disposal, so I have a lot of flexibility (only have 2 heldrakes though so can't spam those haha). I'm not looking for anyone to come and just make a list obviously, but I'd love some advice and suggestions from my betters in this scenario. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
MUS of Oblits. @ 3500pts you can run two force orgs. So you can afford 3 or 4 squads of Oblits, if you take huron you can infiltrate them and with luck get some hits on their shadow sword.

Thats one Idea that hit me when thinking about how I would take out shadow swords myself.

#3 · (Edited)
Sorry I'm not familiar with MUS. But I actually think that might work very well especially if I get to go first since I'm pretty sure he has not idea I have access to that. Thanks for that. I was thinking to use Plaguemarines as my main troop choice for the survivability think it's too expensive or go with it?

#11 ·
If you're using Daemons as allies then perhaps Screamers are a nice addition? They are fast and make short work of heavy-armoured vehicles but are not so expensive you'll feel bad when they get blown to smithereens. You could go for a Screamerstar as it's a surefied way to make your friends blood boil when you've dealt with his Superheavy:grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.