Venomlust's Senseless List Thread - Page 30 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-28-15, 07:08 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

@Mossy Toes , I do not think that the Necrons are worded that way.

Some of them are explicitly formations (and listed as such elsewhere in the Codex), but things like Star-God, Flayed Ones, and Deathmarks are never referenced as formations, instead being called "Army List Entries" (the full text is "Unlike the Detachments shown in Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, it has a Force Organization Chart whose slots are a combination of specific Formations and Army List Entries instead of Battlefield Roles."

It then goes on to list them as Core, Auxiliary, or Command options, based on what formation or Army List entry they are. There is nowhere referencing lone units of Deathmarks, or Obelisks, say (if you wanted to be cheesy) being Formations in their own right.

I'll have to double check, but unless it's presented as a Formation in the same manner that all the others are, I'd have to say that RAW doesn't follow that argument. Of course, I don't actually have the book to hand to check.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-28-15, 07:13 PM

If you check the "Restrictions" section in the Blood Host (in the grey bit just below where it has Core, Auxiliary & Command.
"For each Core choice you must include between 1 and 8 auxiliary choices..."

Before all that in the white part it says "Unlike the Detachments shown in the Warhammer 40,000: The Rules, it has a Force Organisation Char whose slots are a combination of specific Formations and Army List Entries."

So yeah sorry, the "War Engine" is just a Auxiliary Choice and counts as just a "Army List Entry". Same goes for Flayed Ones, Deathmarks and Star-God from Necrons.

Otherwise I think I would endlessly be taking Nightbringer in pretty much every army, as for 240pts he is a BEAST!

Last edited by mayegelt; 03-28-15 at 07:26 PM.
post #293 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-28-15, 07:55 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

The same page the Blood Host detachment is listed on, Pg. 68. Last sentence in the first column.

EDIT: Looking up RAW to engaged in spirited debate as necessary, folks. Appreciate the help parsing this tangled web GW weaves.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #294 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-28-15, 08:01 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Hmm. They're pretty good about saying "Auxiliary choices," rather than "Auxiliary Formations." There is a brief reference to the 0-1 Bloodthirster choice being a "Command Formation," but that's about all that I see, so I'm inclined to think you fellows are right.

So the Charnel Cohort, Gorepack, etc, are legitimate choices, just not the War Engine.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #295 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-28-15, 08:20 PM

The simple way to know it is from the old versions of books with Formations in. The Formations always seem to have the 3 skulls with a circle running through them as their symbol. Or at least that was been the case in all the books I can remember for the last year or so.
post #296 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-28-15, 10:18 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
HELBRUTE MOIDAPACK:

Helbrute Champion: Twin-Linked Lascannon, Power Fist
Helbrute 2: Twin-Linked Lascannon, Power Fist
Helbrute 3: Twin-Linked Lascannon, Power Fist
Helbrute 4: Reaper Autocannon, Missile Launcher
Helbrute 5: Reaper Autocannon, Missile Launcher
Titan hunting? Because otherwise...

I would almost Drop the Missile Launchers and give the whole squad Autoncannons. That would give you 10 (or 20 on Frenzy turns). Autocannon shots, which will rip though most units.

I have been trying to get the best out of Lascannons for some time now, and I have decided I do not like them! They can in one shot take 90% of the Armour on a table, but most likely not. And if you want to destroy a land-raider with one you are just wasiting shots till you get lucky.

I think I would rather shoot at other targets (like big blocks of High T infantry) and then let the Maulerfiend and Spawns deal with the tanks.

post #297 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 12:36 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
The same page the Blood Host detachment is listed on, Pg. 68. Last sentence in the first column.

EDIT: Looking up RAW to engaged in spirited debate as necessary, folks. Appreciate the help parsing this tangled web GW weaves.
We must because GW do not.

Being fair to GW. Whoever came up with this allies system has it down pretty foolproof. They are letting us balance the game by turning out so much rubbinsh that there are bound to be gems which armies can pick and choose from.

Look at inquisitors for example. Oh no, my 34pt model can't fire his Bolt Pistol? Oh dear, what a shame you can't scout or infiltrate, because fuck you Ravenguard/Khorne/Shrike.

And being fair, even if you can't scout forward, scout togrthdr and get in line of direct sight of his artilleryand hope that the blob is blown away. The dkwnside of the new base size is 't that you face more eattackers but that you can't fit more models under the template.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #298 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 12:39 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Look at inquisitors for example. Oh no, my 34pt model can't fire his Bolt Pistol?
What model is that?

post #299 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 08:17 AM
Entropy Fetishist

BLOODTHIRSTER FACTORY.

Played a 3-game tourney and the local FLGS owner played Daemonkin, and together we realized... the Dark Apotheosis result removes your model from play and you keep your Artifact, so if you upgrade the BT-Axe into a DP, you get a free Bloodthirster... and another one when your summoned DP warlord dies. This is going to get FAQ'd FAST.

Alternately: upgrade your BT-Axe carrier into a BT for double BT-spawn.

Also: FNP on a whole army is great. Blood cult creates fun number of BTp. Possessed have MoK and DoK, for Rage/Counterattack/Furious Charge, making them an actually pretty brutal unit... +2 A at S6 on the assault, plus their random bonus. Finally: Rhinos give up Blood Points!
post #300 of 338 (permalink) Old 03-29-15, 08:53 AM

Helden's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
BLOODTHIRSTER FACTORY.

Played a 3-game tourney and the local FLGS owner played Daemonkin, and together we realized... the Dark Apotheosis result removes your model from play and you keep your Artifact, so if you upgrade the BT-Axe into a DP, you get a free Bloodthirster... and another one when your summoned DP warlord dies. This is going to get FAQ'd FAST.

Alternately: upgrade your BT-Axe carrier into a BT for double BT-spawn.

Also: FNP on a whole army is great. Blood cult creates fun number of BTp. Possessed have MoK and DoK, for Rage/Counterattack/Furious Charge, making them an actually pretty brutal unit... +2 A at S6 on the assault, plus their random bonus. Finally: Rhinos give up Blood Points!
I don't think summoned BTs can carry artifacts from previous owner, but i don't have the codex yet (arrives tomorrow)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode