Venomlust's Senseless List Thread - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-23-14, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Yeah. The rule for what your faction is seemed to be a bit messy.
the basic is that space marines are done by chapter tactics, supplement are based on the original chapter (aka clan rukaan are iron warriors).
Eldar and Iyanden i dont know but they have no rule allowing them to ally.
Orks and Gazghul are (Orks)
Tau and Farsight i think were sepperate like marine chapters, but it depends if in there book it says they can ally to each other.
Chaos space marines are all the name on the book. So most are CSM but CS and BL are CS and BL respectfully.
Yeah, the rules of the tourney specifically allow the detachment style I described above. I'm just not sure 9 warp charges +d6 is enough to reliably get everyone either Invisibility or Shrouded, but the spell familiars will help on the sorcerers.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 10-23-14 at 03:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-23-14, 07:36 PM

My clarification was for mossy .

But yeah I think you have enough dice to cast a couple of spells, but I guess it depends how Psyker heavy they are.
post #153 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-23-14, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
My clarification was for mossy .

But yeah I think you have enough dice to cast a couple of spells, but I guess it depends how Psyker heavy they are.
Haha d'oh! I thought perhaps you hadn't seen it for some reason .

I could give it a go and just have fun with it. If it works, it's broken. If not, I probably lose.

I still have a relatively balanced TAC list, but I sorta wanna be TFG.

Here's the "balanced" list: Crimson Slaughter

Chaos Lord: Mark of Nurgle, Power Fist, Sigil of Corruption, Daemonheart, Slaughterer's Horns, Blight Grenades, Bike

Chaos Space Marines x5: Rhino, Plasma Gun, Dirge Caster
Chaos Space Marines x5: Rhino, Plasma Gun

Noise Marines x5: Blastmaster

Heldrake: Baleflamer
Bikers x3: Mark of Nurgle, 2x Meltagun, Melta bombs

Maulerfiend: Magma Cutters

OR I could use the ol' Juggerlord, like I probably should: Regular CSM

Chaos Lord: Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Axe of Blind Fury, Melta Bombs

Spawn x5

OR () with Be'lakor!

Chaos Lord: Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Sigil of Corruption, Axe of Blind Fury, Melta Bombs
Be'lakor

Nurglings x3

Spawn x5

Last edited by venomlust; 10-23-14 at 09:31 PM.

post #154 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

As much as I love Be'lakor, I think I'll go with the green list above. The Blastmasters will be nice to snipe out any Markerlights or whatnot while the rest of the army charges balls out. So many targets to deal with, they will either have to focus on the Noise Marines or take out a Maulerfiend. Plus I think I would prefer the *somewhat* tactically flexible third CSM unit to a unit of Nurglings. Maybe I'm wrong about that? They would be shrouded and someone would have to waste Ignores Cover shooting on them.

post #155 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Ok. After writing lists for hours, this is the one I want to run, for better or worse:

Chaos Space Marines

Kharn: Warlord

Chaos Space Marines x5: Rhino, Dirge Caster, Plasma Gun
Chaos Space Marines x5: Rhino, Dirge Caster, Plasma Gun
Cultists x10

Bikers x3: Mark of Nurgle, 2x Meltagun, Melta Bombs
Spawn x5: <== joined by Juggerlord

Land Raider: Dirge Caster
Havocs x9: 4x Meltaguns, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs <== joined by Kharn, embarked in Land Raider

There it is. I'm gonna get slaughtered, but I shall also do a fine bit of chopping and mangling, myself.

post #156 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 07:47 AM

Isnt your pink list not allowed as you would be allying daemons? (Nurglings) Thought you said you could only use 1 faction.
If not get R&H allies. Rapier batterys for 3 of them with what is basically a twin linked 36" Ap1 lascannon with ordnance (roll 2d6 penertration and pick highest) making them vehicle killers at 70pts total for the 3. Though the tax would be your command squad and 10 mutants (costing you 75pts base for both combined). Enen then ad R&H count as CSM i am unsure if Belakor could lead them so saving you a load or pts on the command squad.

Last edited by mayegelt; 10-24-14 at 08:04 AM.
post #157 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 09:18 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Go with Khorne, my child. Take their heads with the most Khornate squad of Havocs in the history of the game.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #158 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 01:14 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

I'll also be running the list as Crimson Slaughter, with Juggerlord/Cultists from C:CSM.

Quote:
Isnt your pink list not allowed as you would be allying daemons? (Nurglings) Thought you said you could only use 1 faction.
If not get R&H allies. Rapier batterys for 3 of them with what is basically a twin linked 36" Ap1 lascannon with ordnance (roll 2d6 penertration and pick highest) making them vehicle killers at 70pts total for the 3. Though the tax would be your command squad and 10 mutants (costing you 75pts base for both combined). Enen then ad R&H count as CSM i am unsure if Belakor could lead them so saving you a load or pts on the command squad.
Sweet googly moogly, if I had the IA13 book you better believe my list would be a little different! One allied detachment is allowed, of any faction as long as it's not COTA. Can be same faction as my CAD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Go with Khorne, my child. Take their heads with the most Khornate squad of Havocs in the history of the game.
Haha I'm so glad I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read that. It was either Lightning Claw and Melta Bombs or Close Combat Weapons for the squad. I figure they're monster/tank hunters, so will most likely be using Kraks. Give the champ some tools to help Kharn out and hopefully make some armor saves!

Today I'm gonna be fighting a Tau player, and he's really good. I can't imagine it will go terribly well for Kharn and friends.

Last edited by venomlust; 10-24-14 at 01:28 PM.
post #159 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 03:24 PM

Well there is a csm version as well... though at the same cost as a dirgecaster rhino when they have quad heavy bolters, and can be upgraded to that laser destroyer or an ectoplasma cannon for the cost of a powerweapon on a character, they are a bit more expensive. Though they can also get hades autocannons for a bit more or a wierd shorter range version of a coversion beamer ("at 24" upto 48" it becomes S10 AP1 with a 5"blast. Though at that point it is costing you 75pts a model. But hay, i think it will earn its pts back blowing up a tank or a few termys or something. But not worth it when you could have bought 2 nurgle obliterators for the same cos as 2 of them. While the R&H could have 6 rapiers for less.

Last edited by mayegelt; 10-24-14 at 03:37 PM.
post #160 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-24-14, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Well there is a csm version as well... though at the same cost as a dirgecaster rhino when they have quad heavy bolters, and can be upgraded to that laser destroyer or an ectoplasma cannon for the cost of a powerweapon on a character, they are a bit more expensive. Though they can also get hades autocannons for a bit more or a wierd shorter range version of a coversion beamer ("at 24" upto 48" it becomes S10 AP1 with a 5"blast. Though at that point it is costing you 75pts a model. But hay, i think it will earn its pts back blowing up a tank or a few termys or something. But not worth it when you could have bought 2 nurgle obliterators for the same cos as 2 of them. While the R&H could have 6 rapiers for less.
It's still cheaper than a Contemptor/Decimator/Relic Predator, if we want a conversion beamer. Also, that shorter range seems more useful. Maybe in certain situations, anyway. What BS are the gunners using?

Last edited by venomlust; 10-24-14 at 04:04 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode