Venomlust's Senseless List Thread - Page 15 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 11:26 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Oooh, somebody's been reading my Daemons Armies thread (and if not, well, great minds think alike!).

Looks great. The only real question is how do you fit in Be'lakor for at least one guaranteed Invis/Shroud? Hmm, could drop a Sorc and bike squad, but you'd still need a decent chunk more points, and I'm hesitant to chop the Heldrake... might be necessary, though. Necessary I say!

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Oooh, somebody's been reading my Daemons Armies thread (and if not, well, great minds think alike!).

Looks great. The only real question is how do you fit in Be'lakor for at least one guaranteed Invis/Shroud? Hmm, could drop a Sorc and bike squad, but you'd still need a decent chunk more points, and I'm hesitant to chop the Heldrake... might be necessary, though. Necessary I say!
Yeah dude, straight up it was your Be'lakor thread that got me thinking about Telepathy spam! He would be a badass addition to this list. At 2000 points he's in it for sure.

Do you think I should keep them as Nurgle marked to get T6? Or should I go Mark of Khorne to give them an extra attack on the charge? Shouldn't count on Invisibility, but more attacks is always a good thing. Especially if I use the extra points for Power Axes/Fists.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #143 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 11:37 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Do you think I should keep them as Nurgle marked to get T6? Or should I go Mark of Khorne to give them an extra attack on the charge? Shouldn't count on Invisibility, but more attacks is always a good thing. Especially if I use the extra points for Power Axes/Fists.
I dunno about you, but T6 2+ cover that enemies need 6s to hit sounds pretty damn attractive to me.

I'll be honest, though. I've had a squad of invisible+shrouded bikers safely eat the shooting of 6 wave serpents, 4 squads of dire avengers, and 2 squads of fire dragons just fine at T5, with decent rolling on saves to only take 1 unsaved wound. At that point, you're reaching a point of diminishing returns in terms of survivability and might at well go for something new. And a few points cheaper.

Also I think you might struggle against a horde army with all your melta, but... I guess that's what 4x Psychic Shriek is for. Still, consider a flamer-biker squad, at least.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

post #144 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Here's the 2K Version:

Crimson Slaughter Sorc Invisible Biker Gang Spam: 1500

Be'lakor <== Warlord
Sorcerer: Bike, Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Force Axe, Melta Bombs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cultists x10
Cultists x10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cultists x10
Cultists x10

Bikers x3: Mark of Nurgle, 2x Meltagun, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs
Heldrake: Hades Autocannon

Helbrute Mayhem Pack (The one with 3?):
Helbrute: Melta/Fist

Haha, shit! I really wanna run this list.

post #145 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 11:56 PM
Entropy Fetishist

I guess you are all causing fear so have good reason to try to super-charge Be'lakor, so you might as well leave him as WL to be able to do that more effectively.

I wanna run it too, I assure you. Though I honestly might rather play a 2k version of the Daemons list that inspired it.

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #146 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
I guess you are all causing fear so have good reason to try to super-charge Be'lakor, so you might as well leave him as WL to be able to do that more effectively.

I wanna run it too, I assure you. Though I honestly might rather play a 2k version of the Daemons list that inspired it.
I had to revise the list, as I forgot the tourney rules stipulated only 1 CDA and 1 AD:

(CS1) Sorcerer: Bike, Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Force Axe, Melta Bombs
(CS1) Sorcerer: Bike, Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Force Axe, Melta Bombs
(CS2) Be'lakor: <== Warlord

(CS1) Cultists x10
(CS1) Cultists x10
(CS2) Cultists x10

(CS1) Bikers x3: Mark of Nurgle, 2x Melta, Melta bombs, Lightning Claw
(CS2) Heldrake: Hades Autocannon

(CS1) Maulerfiend

Not quite as good as 4 sorcs but this is the best I can legally do for the tourney. Whaddya think, @Mossy Toes ?

post #147 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 06:17 PM

I see problems...
You cant AD CS to CS because they are same faction (both CS) you could however ally to CSM or BL. This having been confirmed with my evil questioning at warhammer fest.

Also isn't be'lakors warlord trait nice for cs armies.
post #148 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 07:35 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Like @mayegelt says, one of the stipulations of an Allied Detachment is that it not share the Faction of your primary-detachment-with-Warlord.

But really, each book of an army counts as its own Faction? That... is not communicated well in the written rules. Thank you evil questioning.

It's a damn shame they're making that limitation. It's almost like they're doing their best to prevent you from spamming one specific type of unit in a broken fashion, or something...

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #149 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-22-14, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Like @mayegelt says, one of the stipulations of an Allied Detachment is that it not share the Faction of your primary-detachment-with-Warlord.

But really, each book of an army counts as its own Faction? That... is not communicated well in the written rules. Thank you evil questioning.

It's a damn shame they're making that limitation. It's almost like they're doing their best to prevent you from spamming one specific type of unit in a broken fashion, or something...

I didn't mention it, but the tourney rules allow the allied detachment to be the same faction, to make up for the single CAD restriction. I think all I need to do to make this list legal is swap Be'lakor and a Sorc from detachment to detachment so he can be the warlord.

I'd have rather run the rulebook legal list above. More warp charges. But Be'lakor is pretty badass, so maybe the amount of squishies he splatters will make up for the loss of 3 charges.

**ALSO: I have 11 points left over for a combi-melta or something.

Last edited by venomlust; 10-23-14 at 03:50 AM.
post #150 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-23-14, 10:17 AM

Yeah. The rule for what your faction is seemed to be a bit messy.
the basic is that space marines are done by chapter tactics, supplement are based on the original chapter (aka clan rukaan are iron warriors).
Eldar and Iyanden i dont know but they have no rule allowing them to ally.
Orks and Gazghul are (Orks)
Tau and Farsight i think were sepperate like marine chapters, but it depends if in there book it says they can ally to each other.
Chaos space marines are all the name on the book. So most are CSM but CS and BL are CS and BL respectfully.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode