Venomlust's Senseless List Thread - Page 14 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-19-14, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I'd drop the AoDG and grab Termi Armor for only 10 more points (probably by dropping a Havoc). Also I'd probably take a Force Axe rather than a Force Sword so that you can, say, wound a Wraithknight if need be (on a 6, sure, but with Force... that's enough).

Consider dropping the ADL and Cultists in exchange for, say, a Forgefiend w/ HACs for the Sorc to Prescience (would need to scrape up another 25 points, maybe crop a CSM squad instead of the Cultists if you go this route), or a Maulerfiend and another Biker. The FF would offer more & higher S shooting, and if you have any Ruins on your half of the table (which you should with any halfway decent preset tourney tables), the Havocs will be hiding there already. One of the CSM squads can go CSM rather than CS. A Maulerfiend would let you have an even more threatening attack force, and allow you to reserve your Prescience for the Havocs.
I suppose the drake and DP can vector strike flyers. I'm gonna have to use the DP very carefully. I invited a few friends to the tourney, and one of them is Tau so he'd probably annihilate this list.

I really like the idea of the Maulerfiend. I think I do need a more aggressive component to this list, otherwise superior shooting is just going to blow up my good stuff before I can do anything about it. Prescienced(?) lascannons have always done great things for me, and if I'm lucky they'll ignore cover as well.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 10-19-14 at 03:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 12:06 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

A Prescience'd FF with HACs isn't half bad at flyer duty: 8 S8 shots rerolling for those 6s. Should get more than 2 hits, on average. Part of the reason I recommended the swap: it's about as good against those tough AV 12 flyers, I think, with the fewer hits on average but higher S.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #133 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 11:02 AM

If you could get yourself a Mortis Dreadnaught they have have 2 TL-LasCannons, TL-Autocannons, or Missile Launchers and have Skyfire and Interceptor if they stand still.
They make great AA stuffs, but cant remember seeing that chaos can get them, but wouldn't see why not as they were around during 30k, so some must have survived if imperial can use them to

post #134 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
If you could get yourself a Mortis Dreadnaught they have have 2 TL-LasCannons, TL-Autocannons, or Missile Launchers and have Skyfire and Interceptor if they stand still.
They make great AA stuffs, but cant remember seeing that chaos can get them, but wouldn't see why not as they were around during 30k, so some must have survived if imperial can use them to
Yeah I won't hold my breath, hah! I'm fairly sure Chaos can't use them, because of course not. Outfitting a machine for anti-air defense is beyond the abilities of any Warpsmith in the galaxy.

post #135 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-20-14, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

I realize this isn't the best list, but I'm so tempted to try it out just to bring a fluffy list to a tourney. Here are two versions of this list: A is focused more on choppy combat Heralds and B is focused on Daemonology or Biomancy shenanigans.

Chew on these:

1500 Daemons of Nurgle: VERSION A

Great Unclean One: Mastery Level 3, 2 Greater Rewards
Herald of Nurgle: Locus of Fecundity, Exalted Reward, Lesser Reward
Herald of Nurgle: Locus of Fecundity, Greater Reward

Nurglings x3
Nurglings x3
Plaguebearers x10: Icon of Chaos
Plaguebearers x10: Plagueridden

Soul Grinder: Daemon of Nurgle, Phlegm Bombardment

1500 Daemons of Nurgle: VERSION B

Great Unclean One: Mastery Level 3, 2 Greater Rewards
Herald of Nurgle: Locus of Fecundity, Exalted Reward, Palanquin of Nurgle, Mastery Level 1
Herald of Nurgle: Locus of Fecundity, Lesser Reward
Herald of Nurgle: Locus of Fecundity, Lesser Reward, Mastery Level 1
Herald of Nurgle: Locus of Fecundity, Lesser Reward, Mastery Level 1

Nurglings x3

Last edited by venomlust; 10-20-14 at 05:47 PM.
post #136 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 06:26 PM

Ryu_Niimura's Flag is: Netherlands

Looks pretty fun although getting your units across the board is going to be the problem. I would buff up the blocks of infantry to 20 models each and make use of Plague Drones with Icons and instruments on your infantry to effectively DS them into your enemies face. Should make for a pretty competetive and fluffy army^^.

post #137 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 07:35 PM
Entropy Fetishist

I presume the squads 3 and 4 of PBs are DSing in on the icons? All well and good, just... beware enemy templates and blasts the turn they come in, since you can't run, so are so-tightly clustered. Nurgle forbids they have a Thunderfire Cannon.

I agree with Ryu, larger blocks of Plaguebearers are better and Plague Drones are a better delivery system for getting upfield. You don't need to pay the Herald tax to get them FNP as many times with fewer, larger squads for one, freeing up a good number of points for, say, Mastery Levels. Or Plague Drones.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #138 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Well, for list-writing purposes you guys are spot on.

I only have 40 Plaguebearers total, but 2x 20 still works.

No Plague Drones, unfortunately.

post #139 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 09:58 PM
Entropy Fetishist

Buy large plastic flies from a children's toy store of some sort and throw Plaguebearers on?

Perhaps go 1x 20 DSing in and 2x 10 with icons, so the reinforcements can get called in where they're needed.

But yikes, an Infantry melee army that can't run. Reminds me of 4th Ed *shudders*

CSM Plog, Tactica

post #140 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-21-14, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Buy large plastic flies from a children's toy store of some sort and throw Plaguebearers on?

Perhaps go 1x 20 DSing in and 2x 10 with icons, so the reinforcements can get called in where they're needed.

But yikes, an Infantry melee army that can't run. Reminds me of 4th Ed *shudders*
Haha yeah, I guess it's doomed. Just for fun, I s'pose.

Anyway, here's my next senseless list!

Crimson Slaughter Sorc Invisible Biker Gang Spam: 1500

Sorcerer: Bike, Mastery Level 3, Spell Familiar, Force Axe, Melta Bombs
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cultists x10
Cultists x10
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cultists x10
Cultists x10

Bikers x3: Mark of Nurgle, 2x Meltagun, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs
Heldrake: Hades Autocannon

Basically, spam the shit out of Invisibility, Shrouded, and Psychic Shriek. 12+d6 should allow me to (hopefully) pull off those powers as I can. Shrouded can double/triple/quadruple shroud units of bikers, which can potentially free up warp charges to throw at Invisibility and Psychic Shriek. Biker champs to eat the challenges/clamp melta bombs while the Sorcs execute some fools with their force axes.

Heldrake is dedicated anti-air/potshots-at-whateva.

Last edited by venomlust; 10-21-14 at 10:31 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode