CSM (IG allies) going to 4000p - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

jessedevaan's Flag is: New Zealand

Icon CSM (IG allies) going to 4000p

Hi, I've got a 3266 point army (Primarily foot solders), and am looking for a way to extend it to 4000 points, Here's the list:

Quote:
Daemon Prince 420
-Daemon of Nurgle
-The Black Mace
-Spell Familiar
-Mastery Level 2,
-Wings
-Power Armour

Chaos Lord 207
-Terminator Armour
-(replace ALL weapons with) Power Fist + Lightning Claw
-Blight Grenades
-Sigil of Corruption
-Gift of Mutation
-Combat Familiar
-Mark of Nurgle
-Veteran of the Long War

Chaos Lord 180
-(replace ALL weapons with) Power Fist + Plasma Pistol
-Blight Grenades
-Sigil of Corruption
-Gift of Mutation
-Combat Familiar
-Mark of Nurgle
-Veteran of the Long War

Sorcerer 125
-(starting Force Weapon choice) Force Axe
-(replace Bolt Pistol) Power Sword
-Blight Grenades
-Sigil of Corruption
-Mark of Nurgle
-Veteran of the Long War

Plague Marines Squad 1, 155
-(Plague Champion replace CCW) Power Fist
-(1 Marine replace Bolter) Flamer
-Veterans of the Long War

Plague Marines Squad 2, 155
-(Plague Champion replace CCW) Power Fist
-(1 Marine replace Bolter) Flamer

Chaos Space Marines Squad 1, 248
-+5 Marines
-Close Combat Weapons
-(1 Marine replace Bolter) Meltagun
-(1 Marine replace Bolter) Lascannon
-Marks of Nurgle

Chaos Space Marines Squad 1, 273
-+5 Marines
-(Aspiring Champion replace CCW) Power Fist
-Close Combat Weapons
-(1 Marine replace Bolter) Meltagun
-(1 Marine replace Bolter) Lascannon
-Marks of Nurgle

Chosen Squad 1, 360
-+5 Chosen
-(Chosen Champion replace CCW) Power Fist
-(1 Chosen replace CCW) Power Fists
-(1 Chosen replace CCW) Power Sword
-(1 Chosen replace CCW) Power Mace
-(1 Chosen replace CCW) Lightning Claw
-Marks of Nurgle
-Rhino

Chosen Squad 2, 335
-+5 Chosen
-(Chosen Champion replace Bolt Pistol + CCW) Twin Lightning Claws
-(2 Chosen replace CCWs) Power Axes
-(1 Chosen replace CCW) Power Mace
-(1 Chosen replace CCW) Power Fist
-(1 Chosen replace CCW) Flamer
-Marks of Nurgle

Chosen Squad 3, 305
-+5 Chosen
-(Chosen Champion replace CCW) Plasma Pistol
-(4 Chosen replace Bolters) Plasma Gun
-Marks of Nurgle

13 Possessed 416
-Marks of Nurgle

Chaos Terminator Squad 146
-(All replace Power Weapons) Power Fists
-Marks of Nurgle

Raptors 150
-(Raptor Champion replace CCW) Power Mace
-(Raptor Champion) Melta Bombs
-(1 Raptor) Meltagun
-Marks of Nurgle

Havoc Squad 150
-+5 Havocs
-Close Combat Weapons
-(3 Marines replace Bolters) Heavy Bolters
-(1 Marine replace Bolter) Missile Launcher with Frag, Krak & Flakk Missiles
-Marks of Nurgle

Total Points 3625
What should I add to get to 4000 points? (Note: I will not add Tanks or other Vehicle, its a Foot Soldier Warband [the Rhino was a gift from a friend so I had to add it])

Edited: IG allies removed, accustomed to new models.

Last edited by jessedevaan; 11-29-13 at 04:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 01:00 PM

whittsy's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedevaan View Post
Primary Detachment (Chaos Space Marines) (1846 points)
- Chaos Lord (Warlord) 207
- Terminator Armour
- (replace ALL weapons with) Power Fist + Lightning Claw
- Blight Grenades
- Sigil of Corruption
- Gift of Mutation
- Combat Familiar
- Mark of Nurgle
- Veteran of the Long War

Chaos Lord 180
- (replace ALL weapons with) Power Fist + Plasma Pistol
- Blight Grenades
- Sigil of Corruption
- Gift of Mutation
- Combat Familiar
- Mark of Nurgle

Sorcerer 190
- Mastery Level 3
- (starting Force Weapon choice) Force Axe
- (replace Bolt Pistol) Power Sword
- Blight Grenades
- Sigil of Corruption
- Spell Familiar
- Mark of Nurgle
I can see what you're doing here, and its great, as it is 4000 points, but to me, a sorcerer is wasted here, he's good, don't get me wrong, but for a more solid option, a Daemon prince fully kitted out - Nurgle mark, wings, power armour, psyker levels, spell familiar, hell even a Sigil to boost his 5++ and of course a Black Mace. Still casts spells, can fly around with a 3+ cover save from shrouded + jink and he has the added bonus of +D6 attacks (so minimum of 7 attacks) at I8 AP2 with instand death (with the toughness thing), with the amount of points you got to play with, you'd be foolish not to. Even a burning brand on him to make it like a weakened baleflamer for lols.

Also, while you're taking a Lord of Nurgle, you may aswell convert those marines into Plague Marines, they get all the normal cool space marine stuff with the added bonus of FnP and fearless! Oh, and plague knives!

Quote:
Hovic Squad 150
- (3 Marines replace Bolters) Heavy Bolters
- (1 Marine replace Bolter) Missile Launcher with Frag, Krak & Flakk Missiles
- Marks of Nurgle
- Veterans of the Long War
Could probably swap those heavy bolters to Autocannons, +2 str on the shots means they can join in the fun when you decide to shoot at an enemy flyer with Flakk missiles (as most flyers only have 11-12AV) the autocannons can poke holes in them too! An Aegis Defense Line would be optimal to put these guys behind too so your champion can man the Quad Gun for extra AA goodness (plus he can snipe with it and get Boon table rolls! muahahahaha)

AS for IG allies, Kasikrns could be alright? Never seen IG in battle before but i hear those guys are frightfully nasty in large blocks.

On a side note - you have NO fast attack. And very little Heavy Support. Have you thought of blocks of Raptors with melta guns and combi melta for tank popping? Also they'll come in handy in The Scouring. Another squad of havocs or even some Obliterators would be very useful too in Big Guns Never Tire

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

Deathguard PLOG: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=129438
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 02:38 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Since you are not obviously playing for compatitiveness you could add some mobility with Warp talons: nice models, infantry and flying.
Also, some blastmaster noise marines could come handy and add a colourful spot in the army.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whittsy View Post
I can see what you're doing here, and its great, as it is 4000 points, but to me, a sorcerer is wasted here, he's good, don't get me wrong, but for a more solid option, a Daemon prince fully kitted out - Nurgle mark, wings, power armour, psyker levels, spell familiar, hell even a Sigil to boost his 5++ and of course a Black Mace. Still casts spells, can fly around with a 3+ cover save from shrouded + jink and he has the added bonus of +D6 attacks (so minimum of 7 attacks) at I8 AP2 with instand death (with the toughness thing), with the amount of points you got to play with, you'd be foolish not to. Even a burning brand on him to make it like a weakened baleflamer for lols.
I have already got the Sorcerer, but I could get a Daemon Prince as well (I have a good model for it to but was going to use in for boon table transformations), then downgrade to Sorcerer to level 1 with less upgrades, would that be good?

Quote:
Also, while you're taking a Lord of Nurgle, you may aswell convert those marines into Plague Marines, they get all the normal cool space marine stuff with the added bonus of FnP and fearless! Oh, and plague knives!
For some reason I never thought of this , I'll up date them to Plague Marines when I have time.

Quote:
Could probably swap those heavy bolters to Autocannons, +2 str on the shots means they can join in the fun when you decide to shoot at an enemy flyer with Flakk missiles (as most flyers only have 11-12AV) the autocannons can poke holes in them too!
Do you know where I can get some Autocannons?

Quote:
An Aegis Defense Line would be optimal to put these guys behind too so your champion can man the Quad Gun for extra AA goodness (plus he can snipe with it and get Boon table rolls! muahahahaha)
Why have I never considered defenses, now I can put some of that old scenery to use.

Quote:
Have you thought of blocks of Raptors with melta guns and combi melta for tank popping?
I have thought of this, and may have gotten some if I didn't have, 12 Lascannons, 12 Meltaguns, 2 Masters of Ordnance and 7 Power Fists. I really am paranoid about Tanks (At least their easier to destroy now)

Quote:
Another squad of havocs or even some Obliterators
Havoc Squads and Oblterator Squads are far to expensive (Money wise, I made my currant Hovoc squad out of an old Devastator Squad), I do however have a single Lascannon Marine laying around somewhere, if I can get three more, I'll be at 16 Lascannons

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Warp talons
One problem here is that things that flying don't seem Nurgly to me (unless its a Daemon Prince with very small wings that can somehow lift him )

Quote:
blastmaster noise marines
Also not Nurgly

Note: The Army is Nurgle themed
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 08:44 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
One problem here is that things that flying don't seem Nurgly to me
So a swarm of nasty stingy flies are not nurgly ?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 09:01 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Take Leman Russes! They're great, and Executioners are our go to 'I-want-you-dead-so-bad-it-hurts' gun! Other than that, Neferhet and Whittsey are giving excellent advice, so you can trust them
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Do you know where I can get some Autocannons?
IG heavy weapons teams have Autocannons, just hack off the barrels and glue them onto the end of your heavy bolters, bingo, autocannons.

Quote:
I have thought of this, and may have gotten some if I didn't have, 12 Lascannons, 12 Meltaguns, 2 Masters of Ordnance and 7 Power Fists. I really am paranoid about Tanks (At least their easier to destroy now)
Ok, seems like you got anti tank covered with 12 Las, multi-meltas work better than meltas, just for that extra 12' range, but again, 12 Las is enough.

Quote:
One problem here is that things that flying don't seem Nurgly to me (unless its a Daemon Prince with very small wings that can somehow lift him )
A helldrake, or even warp talons can be made nurgly, think airborne diseases, breathing disgusting boiling pus, or anything like that.

Quote:
Also, this.

Quote:
Havoc Squads and Oblterator Squads are far to expensive (Money wise, I made my currant Hovoc squad out of an old Devastator Squad), I do however have a single Lascannon Marine laying around somewhere, if I can get three more, I'll be at 16 Lascannons
Again, if you have 12 Las, that should be enough, you don't want to focus ALL on anti tank, there should be foot troops somewhere on the board!

The true nature of Chaos is beyond any comprehension. No mere mortal can ever hope to understand these matters, and the wise do not puzzle too deeply over Chaos Gods, or try to fathom their wars, rivalries and bickerings.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
I didn't think about that when I write this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry View Post
Take Leman Russes!
I would if it, A: wasn't a foot soldier army, & B: they weren't so expensive. (The only way I could afford the over IG is from buying Warlord Games Soviet's)

Quote:
IG heavy weapons teams have Autocannons, just hack off the barrels and glue them onto the end of your heavy bolters, bingo, autocannons.
I'm using Warlord Game Soviets for all IG so I don't have any, I was going to use these http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...Id=prod1400025 ... untill I realised that Autocannons and Assault Cannons aren't the same (Insert me 'braking down and crying' here)

Quote:
A helldrake, or even warp talons can be made nurgly, think airborne diseases, breathing disgusting boiling pus, or anything like that.
Still the Warp Talons and Helldrake models don't look Nurgly.

Also, I'll probably buy some Space Wolves from my Brother in the next few days, so I may extend 4000 , May even get to Apocalypse if I'm lucky, also been converting some models, so might add some Chaos Genestealers as Possessed, Chaos Termagants as Cultists and a Giant Chaos Carnafex as a Defiler. That would give me Chaos Marines, (Soviet) Renegades and Chaos Tyranids (Because I'm sure they can also be Converted to Papa Nurgles cause).
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 03:54 AM

warhammer.jpg

This is a hellcuttle, nurgley enough for you? Anything can look nurgly with some aspiration and thought!

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY HELLDRAKE!

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Attachment 959940673

This is a hellcuttle, nurgley enough for you? Anything can look nurgly with some aspiration and thought!

NOTE: THIS IS NOT MY HELLDRAKE!
Very Cool!!! but I'm no good at Converting so I'll pass.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode