Thought this would be fun to try:

2001 points

HQ:

Kharn the Betrayer
Chaos Lord: MoK, Bike, AoBF, SoC, Melta Bombs

Troops:

Cultists x30
Marines x10: 2x Plasma, Rhino w/ Dirge Caster
Marines x9: Exchange Bolters w/CCW , MoK, IoW, Lightning Claw, Rhino w/ Dirge Caster (Joined by Kharn)

Fast Attack:

Bikers x7: MoK, IoW, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer

Heavy Support:

Forgefiend w/ Autocannons
Forgefiend w/ Autocannons
Maulerfiend w/ Magma Cutters

The idea is to rush with everything except the cultists and 2 forgefiends. The cultists can sit on the home objective if necessary, or just run their way across the board to add yet another target. The forgefiends will hang back and soften up troops/transports, and start shooting at enemy flyers when they come in to shoot at the heldrakes. Turn 2 hopefully at least 1 heldrake arrives to obliterate some troops, maybe clear an enemy objective of scoring units, with luck vector strike a vehicle/MC to death.

Kharn's unit can go after troops or a vehicle, the Marines can hopefully get in rapid-fire range and unload some plasma, Bikerlord + Bikes can reach farther objectives hopefully, if not being focus fired, and the maulerfiend will go balls out toward enemy armor.

This is gonna be fun...

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 11-26-13 at 06:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 02:24 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

That could definetely work. I'd use the cultists to bubblewrap the forgefiends and prevent assaults. the rest is pretty straightforward. Just hope not to be pitted against tau!

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
That could definetely work. I'd use the cultists to bubblewrap the forgefiends and prevent assaults. the rest is pretty straightforward. Just hope not to be pitted against tau!
Bah, damn Tau! Ever the pain in the shithole.

I've expanded the army to 2500 pts:

Everything same as above, with the addition of:

Aegis Defense Line + Quad Gun
Herald of Tzeentch: ML2
Herald of Tzeentch: Exalted Reward (Grimoire)
Herald of Nurgle: Locus of Fecundity
Plaguebearers x20

Now I can set up the Tzeentch Heralds + Forgefiends behind the ADL for sure. My question is, do I park the Nurgle Herald w/ Plaguebearers on the quad gun due to BS5 and FNP, or do I leave that to the cultist champ with accompanied cultists with 2+ go to ground to "bubblewrap" everything? It is twin-linked, after all. But only 4 shots, so they have to count. Cultist champ's low BS makes me worry.

If I get 1st turn I'll be using the Grimoire on the Maulerfiend for 3+ invuln goodness charging headlong into enemy armor. I hope it works out that way.

Last edited by venomlust; 11-27-13 at 05:34 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-13, 08:45 PM

Wait: it's common consensus that you can have more than 1 herald per hq slot only in the maind detachment. As allies you are restricted to one...

Quote:
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Whoops! Well, that could have changed things. I just won a game against Ultramarines with this list, could have turned out differently if I had known.

Oh well, in the immortal, sage words of Vin Diesel, "A win's a win."

Last edited by venomlust; 11-28-13 at 04:01 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 08:04 AM

Also, winning with trickery is Tzeentch style. ;)

Quote:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-28-13, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

My opponent really really wanted the psykers dead, and sort of focused on low priority targets while I was killing all his troops. We were playing the scouring (the multi-objective one, whatever it's called).

Honestly, I feel sort of lame using 2 heldrakes. Marines just have a 1/6 (x10) chance of their entire squad not getting obliterated. Also, 2 vector strikes . Such is war, it isn't a fair endeavor. That's how I justify being cheesy, anyway . I will say that it's an escalation league, and I'm tired of losing the majority of my games with the assault-heavy army I was using before.

Anyway, I got lucky and shot down his Stormraven. First I got a pen resulting in locked velocity while zooming, with the interceptor quad-gun shots. Then on my turn, I blew it out of the sky with a forgefiend. All 10 marines died in the crash, and the dreadnought lost a HP.

The damn maulerfiend died during turn 1. And this is after being buffed with the grimoire to a 3+ invuln... Venerable dread dropped in a pod, stepped out with his multimelta, and shoved it up the fiend's butthole. He rolled a 6 on the pen table, I rolled a 1 to save. Damn. Oh well, there was very little ground armor to speak of. He wasn't missed.

The plaguebearers and herald survived for almost the entire game, absorbing many many bullets and power fists from a squad of terminators. I like 'em.

Lord on Bike with AoBF raped some Terminators. He won a challenge and, for the first time, got turned into a Daemon Prince off the boon table! Too bad that ended up being a serious debuff. He died to power fists after rolling like shit but for attacks and saves.

Kharn didn't get to do anything, other than look menacing.

I remembered to roll on the Warp Storm table, this game. Yet I forgot about VotLW. There's always something I forget. Oh well, this time it wouldn't have changed the outcome.

I am happy to win, but also saddened because I had to resort to shooting, instead of the bloodthirsty, rage-filled assaults that I so favor. To modify ol' Vin's quote above, "A skull's a skull. Even with a bullethole in it."

Last edited by venomlust; 11-28-13 at 06:09 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode