CSM w/ Daemon Allies (competitive?) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Default CSM w/ Daemon Allies (competitive?)

---

Last edited by Emperor's Child; 11-21-13 at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 08:03 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

mmh..well, first of all i'd say that the point limit per section is bullshit, but "your tourney, your rules"
About the list:
Get rid of the plagueridden, it's not truly necessary. The portagliph is ok, you can spam small scoring units, which is awesome.
The 2 cultists unit...are just awful in this list you could use some marines with special weapons, since you will spam units from the portaglyph. How can you find points for this. well..i don't know
Honestly i'm not a fan of using allies at 1000 pts. BUT.
The warpsmith could become a lord...with Sigils and poweraxe and meltabombs. same cost, extra antitank and combat usefulness. Put him into a cultist unit and go hunting.
The rest is pretty straightforward...with allies you are almost forced to stay with the current setup. And don't be too worried by a single land raider: your raptors can dispose of it pretty fast.

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Based on some of the answers from the Daemon forum of this list, I've reworked it a bit and came up with 2 alternatives:

LIST 1

HQ
Typhus

TROOPS
20x Plague Zombies
15x Plague Zombies

FAST ATTACK
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
Forgefiend, 2 Hades Autocannons, Ectoplasma Cannon

ALLIES

HQ
Herald of Tzeentch, Psyker Lvl 2, Exalted Reward (Portal Glyph)

TROOPS
10x Horrors of Tzeentch

Aegis Defense Line

TOTAL POINTS: 1,000

LIST 2

HQ
Chaos Lord, Mark of Slaanesh, Aura of Dark Glory, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs

TROOPS
6x Noise Marines, 5x Sonic Blasters, Melta Bombs
6x Noise Marines, 5x Sonic Blasters

FAST ATTACK
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
5x Havocs, 4x Autocannons

ALLIES

HQ
Herald of Nurgle, Fecundity

TROOPS
10x Plaguebearers

HEAVY SUPPORT
Soul Grinder, Daemon of Nurgle, Phlem Bombardment

TOTAL: 999 pts

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 09:13 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Why not use a combined?

Personally I think list 2 is looking great, but I would probably take the Tzeentch Herald and pink horrors instead of the Nurgle ones. With the massive amounts of firepower in list 2, and a Divination psyker with re-rolls to hit, you would have alot of flexibility on which unit needs it most for the chosen round.

Beyond that, if you want to keep the lists as is, I would definitely go with list 2. Heldrake AND Soul Grinder? Yes please!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Why not use a combined?

Personally I think list 2 is looking great, but I would probably take the Tzeentch Herald and pink horrors instead of the Nurgle ones. With the massive amounts of firepower in list 2, and a Divination psyker with re-rolls to hit, you would have alot of flexibility on which unit needs it most for the chosen round.

Beyond that, if you want to keep the lists as is, I would definitely go with list 2. Heldrake AND Soul Grinder? Yes please!
I was thinking of doing that actually. The reason I chose to put plague bearers with the Slaaneshi lord and Noise Marines was to use them as a T4 FnP barrier to advance both noise marine squads and the lord forward. That and their plague swords are handy if you need to dispatch of a MC or a pesky landraider that just wouldn't go down.

EDIT: I know for a fact that I'll probably end up facing a GK player who loves to run a landraider with thunder hammer termies. And at this stage I have little to deal with that

Last edited by Emperor's Child; 11-15-13 at 09:49 AM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 09:37 AM
Herald of The Warp

I am not sure how it works with allies, but can you put a Slaanesh lord with a Plaguebearer unit? In the CSM codex at least, you cannot mix marks in a chosen unit. Even though they are 2 different armies, I'm not sure you can actually put a Slaanesh dude with the Nurgle dudes.

Besides, if you get a Landraider against you, charge it with the Soul grinder and it will go splat. Iron Claws are nice that way!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

The lord can't join the plague bearer unit, but they can provide him with cover saves from line of sight, which is what I was aiming on doing.

I'm relatively new to using Soul Grinders, I sort of figured they should just hang back behind cover and Phlem the crap out of enemy deployment zone. Do they last long out in the open? (I had terrible experience with Defilers in the 6th)

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 10:05 AM
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor's Child View Post
I'm relatively new to using Soul Grinders, I sort of figured they should just hang back behind cover and Phlem the crap out of enemy deployment zone. Do they last long out in the open? (I had terrible experience with Defilers in the 6th)
Personally I've had had great success with a offensive Soul Grinder. A AV13 walker with a 5++ save (re-rolling 1's if you make it a Tzeentch, or having a permanent 5+ cover if you make it Nurgle) can wreak havoc on the battlefield. Especially seeing as it has 4 attacks on the charge, with a STR 10 and hitting at initiative 3.

I used to use them as a backline unit as well, but these days I usually bring 2; One for backline and one for "in your face, ripping it to shreds".
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 10:07 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor's Child View Post
HQ
Typhus
At this point level he is a gamble...i'd say no to him and rather would go with a nurgle lord on palanquin to go with a big blob of cultists
TROOPS
20x Plague Zombies
15x Plague Zombies

FAST ATTACK
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
Forgefiend, 2 Hades Autocannons, Ectoplasma Cannon
the ectoplasma cannon is just 25 points wasted with the amunt of twinlinked and dakka you can get with the herald and the 2 fiends. you will shoot maybe 2 times with it...save points

ALLIES

HQ
Herald of Tzeentch, Psyker Lvl 2, Exalted Reward (Portal Glyph)
let's be honest. you just need him for the twinlink primaris divination power and the glyph. Drop the second level, i'd say and keep saving points for beefing the chaos cultists units

TROOPS
10x Horrors of Tzeentch

Aegis Defense Line

TOTAL POINTS: 1,000

i feel this list to be too squishy and static. you have nothing bar the drake and the fiends that can kill stuff...and the fiends are not going to last long, being so obvious a treath.

LIST 2

HQ
Chaos Lord, Mark of Slaanesh, Aura of Dark Glory, Lightning Claw, Melta Bombs

TROOPS
6x Noise Marines, 5x Sonic Blasters, Melta Bombs
6x Noise Marines, 5x Sonic Blasters

Those guys can just become 5 noise marines with blastmaster. much more useful. they don't even need to walk the board to rape things.

FAST ATTACK
Heldrake w/ Baleflamer

HEAVY SUPPORT
5x Havocs, 4x Autocannons

ALLIES

HQ
Herald of Nurgle, Fecundity

TROOPS
10x Plaguebearers

HEAVY SUPPORT
Soul Grinder, Daemon of Nurgle, Phlem Bombardment
i like this list. No cc bar the small nurgle unit and herald and lots of dakka. Ap 3 like its christmas, ignore cover, lots of str 7 shots, good antiair, 3 blast weapons (if you take blastmasters). Only 2+ armour spam will put you in danger.
TOTAL: 999 pts
Yes, i'd say go with the second list. all the day. You could aswell use slaaneshi daemons to have some rending nastyness...Herald of slaanesh with etherblade and 10 daemonettes should be the same cost, or am I wrong?

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-15-13, 10:07 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I may have been a little more lucky than usual, but I played two games with a Soul Grinder last night, and in one of them he walked across the table directly towards a Godhammer Landraider eating the lascannon shots for breakfast before punching it to death - front AV13 combined with 4HP and Shrouded and Daemon saves makes for a very tough cookie.

On the other hand, on game 2, he died to a Drop Pod Meltagun in the rear armour (bastard managed to just squeeze a pod in between my bubblewrap horrors and the table edge).

I personally think they can be used both as combat threats and long range artillery depending on the enemy and board situation.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode