Champ melta bombs power axe
2 plasma guns Votlw
Rhino

14 cultists
MoN
1 heavy stubber

Heavy support
3 obliterators MoN Votlw

Nothing to exciting here really just trying to slowly bring my nurgle csm up to date with 6th and start out with this little list. Just wondering what people thought. At this point I'm looking for semi competitive and all comers. Thanks.

How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair. Only united can we hope to stand against them.

Aun'shi of the Tau Empire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-13, 04:59 PM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Hi heretic.
The list is pretty solid.
It can be improved.
First of all, i'd drop the power fist on the lord. Give him a Lghntg claw and melta bombs.
Drop ALL the Veteran of the long war. You are just wasting a lot of points to give your fearless squads and lord +1 Ld and a small edge against marines.
On the Oblits it is useless because you want to run them in 3 squads. So Ld won't matter. if they die, no one has to check morale
With the points spared you should beef up the cultists or maybe run 2 squads of 10, with a flamer.
what do you say?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-13, 08:52 PM
Iniquity's Flag is: USA

I agree with neferhet on the obliterators. If you aren't using the Heavy Support slots, put them in 3 squads of 1. Gives a little more flexibility on weapon choices.

Veterans of the Long War can be dropped, unless you plan on playing a lot of your loyalist brethren, but it might come in handy.

I don't like all the unwieldy weapons on the Lord and Champions. You have to challenge and accept them, and you're relying on your durability to last so you can swing back. Again, this depends on what you plan to play against, but I think power swords or lightning claws would be better most of the time.

Last edited by Iniquity; 03-20-13 at 08:54 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-13, 06:47 PM

Krunstal's Flag is: USA

I agree with the previous comments, with the exception of the unwieldy weapons.

I think that is a personal preference and what you expect to run into. Unwieldy weapons on your pm champs isn't bad, they are i3 so in a duel they are usually going second anyway it is really up to you. As for the lord giving him an unwieldy weapon can be a problem since he is i5, I like to run the fisticlaw build for flexibility.

Beyond that I would make the following changes:
I would take MoN off of the cultists, it really doesn't help them survive.

I think you should also get a heldrake with a baleflamer it is just good.

I would give your lord a BBoS (if you didn't make him fisticlaw)

With only 2 tanks (rhinos) I think you will have difficulty keeping them in play. I would either drop them to have you pm march on foot or drop the Obliterators and pick up 2 dakka preds (autocannon turret, lascannon sponsons)

Good Luck and Good Hunting
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-13, 07:02 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Playing Nurgle "Themed" at 1k is rather tough due nurgle units being expensive but I certainly admire your efforts!

I actually just entered a tournament with 1k Nurgle-ish themed list and this is what I did:
HQ
Chaos Lord
MoN
Black Mace
VotLW

Troops
Plague Marines x5
Melta x2
Rhino
Dozer Blade

Plague Marines x5
Melta x2
Power Axe
Rhino
Dozer Blade

Plague Marines x5
Melta x2
Power Fist
Rhino

Fast Attack
Heldrake
Baleflamer

Blight Drone

Now I always roll with Oblits so I decided to change it up a bit and not use any heavy period. As for your list My suggestions are as follows:
1. drop your plague marine squads from 7 to 5 ( I know the magic number is 7 but at 1k I think bringing 3 squds of plague marines > 2 squads) because at 1k most people will not run 10 man squads and IF they do just make sure u widdle them before your plague marines hit them/they hit you and your 5 man squads will hold their own.
2. I agree putting the oblits in squads of 1 will make them a little more versatile. Being able to DS one or two if needed, can have more targets, create more firerig lanes etc.

Otherwise your list is pretty solid. if played right I think you will give most people a run for their money.

Best of luck!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-13, 04:13 AM Thread Starter

Imperial Dragon's Flag is: Australia

Thanks everyone!
Every time i looked at this list i felt VotLW would help out vs the more CC style marines, but really in the end it is points that i can spend better elsewhere
I just noted the oblits in 1 group cause i'm lazy haha

Chaosftw thanks for sharing that list i could see myself running something like that.

alright new list

HQ
Chaos Lord - 125 pts
- MoN
- Black Mace

Troops

5 Plauge marines - 175 pts(Lord goes here)
- 2 melta guns
- rhino

5 plauge marines - 195 pts
- 2 melta guns
- power axe
- melta bombs
- rhino

5 plauge marines - 200 pts
- 2 melta guns
- power fist
- rhino

10 Cultists - 50 pts

Fast Attack

Helldrake - 170 pts
- Baleflamer

Aegis defence line 85 pts

How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair. Only united can we hope to stand against them.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-13, 05:51 PM
U Mad Bro?

Chaosftw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperial Dragon View Post
Thanks everyone!
Every time i looked at this list i felt VotLW would help out vs the more CC style marines, but really in the end it is points that i can spend better elsewhere
I just noted the oblits in 1 group cause i'm lazy haha

Chaosftw thanks for sharing that list i could see myself running something like that.

alright new list

HQ
Chaos Lord - 125 pts
- MoN
- Black Mace

Troops

5 Plauge marines - 175 pts(Lord goes here)
- 2 melta guns
- rhino

5 plauge marines - 195 pts
- 2 melta guns
- power axe
- melta bombs
- rhino

5 plauge marines - 200 pts
- 2 melta guns
- power fist
- rhino

10 Cultists - 50 pts

Fast Attack

Helldrake - 170 pts
- Baleflamer

Aegis defence line 85 pts
Hey glad to add my 2 cents!

With the new list you have made what is the purpose of your defence line? If you saw in my list it was built for the purpose of purely advancing on my enemy. you have seemed to switch to the same approach which is cool but you have added in an item that is built for defensive purposes. If you remove the cultists and the defence line you have a good chunk of points to put into something that could support your advancing troops. Maybe you have an idea that I dont see which is also fine but again just my two cents
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-25-13, 12:27 AM Thread Starter

Imperial Dragon's Flag is: Australia

I put it in for the cultists to sit near an objective and hold the back field, plus when I saw your list I remembered flyers are a thing so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try and take it down. Ill see how it works out for me and I might change it to something else once again.
Thanks for the help

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode