1500 Emperor's Children - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Usaal's Flag is: Canada

Default 1500 Emperor's Children

Hello all,

My friend and I are going to be playing a game this weekend of Citys of Death and he will be running Necrons. I have not played them much and have only tossed my Eldar and Tyranids at them so far. So this will be my 3erd time fighting them and 1st time with CSM. I am looking at doing a more up close style army with some Pfists to bust up the Necrons in CC and try to make sure they stay down, also some Doomsirens for flavor.

I am looking for some advice from those who may have played as Necrons or at least against them more than myself. I am also thinking of using a Greater daemon rather than a Dread with 2 close combat weapons, but I have not used them since the new Dex so I am not sure if they will be worth the points, but a Dread can be glanced by those Gauss weapons the necrons tote arround with them.

Anyway, here is the list I am thinking of, please let me know what you think

--HQ--
Lucius - (not listing points as it is a flat rate)

Greater Daemon - (not listing points as it is a flat rate)

--Troops--
Noise marines x9- 245pts
Champion - Doomsiren - Power weapon, Rhino - Combi-Melta

Noise marines x8- 260pts
sonic blaster x7, champion - Doomsiren - Power weapon, Rhino - Combi-Melta

--Fast Attack--Raptor x8 - 240pts
Flamer x1, Plasma pistol x1, Champion - Power Fist - Icon of Slaanesh

Raptor x8 - 240pts

Spawn x3 - 120pts

--Heavy--Predator - 135pts
twin linked lascannon, Lascannon sponsons

1500pts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 02:51 PM

Ice_Cube's Flag is: Australia

hey,hey just got some advice

--HQ--
Lucius - (not listing points as it is a flat rate)
hq is personal choice i wont comment
Greater Daemon - (not listing points as it is a flat rate)
nice one of best units in game point wise--Troops--
Noise marines x9- 245pts
Champion - Doomsiren - Power weapon, Rhino - Combi-Melta
Drop the melta, swap the power weapon for powerfist
Noise marines x8- 260pts
sonic blaster x7, champion - Doomsiren - Power weapon, Rhino - Combi-Melta
same as above i would try and have both sqauds same size,if you were into fluff drop em both to six,otherwise i would have 8 dont have sqauds uneven its bad for working out casualties.--Fast Attack--Raptor x8 - 240pts
Very nice choice but you have them kitted out wrong, drop plasma,and flamer, add 2 meltas
Raptor x8 - 240pts
same as above
Spawn x3 - 120pts
quite a useless unit drop them use points elsewere--Heavy--Predator - 135pts
twin linked lascannon, Lascannon sponsons
you have the points for the predator wrong its alot more points than that , i would have AC turret,las sponsons at 130pts i wouldnt make it any more expensive than that.

the points you save on the spawn and 1 noise marine, could be used to add another predator same kit as i sugested, i would reccomend the extra AT and its another vehicle to add to the mix

Last edited by Ice_Cube; 06-17-08 at 02:54 PM.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the thoughts.
Lucius- I just love the mini
Noisemarines x9 - will be in the rhino with Lucius attached to the squad.
Rhino with Melta - I like the hidden melta hit, and makes the Rhino do something once it drops its cargo.
Spawn- .... I dont know, I just have yet to feild them hehe they will prob go
Raptors - I just love the unit, Figure the flamers would be good for cover, and the plasma is good to get them to drop. but a Melta would be good incase I end up next to a monolith (not for the extra dice) or something tuff

I will have to toss arround some points with the spawn out and the Pred at the right point cost and see what I can come up with.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Ok, triming down the extras that didnt seem needed, and making a Raptor squad that can jump into the enemy lines then get the greater daemon in. I came up with this for a list.

Lucius - 160pts

Greater Daemon - 100pts

--Elite--
Dreadnought: 100pts
Additional Close combat weapon

Terminator Champions x6: 275pts
Championx6, Reaper Auto-cannon, Power fist x1
(or could be changed to each with a Pfist and 1 champ)

--Troops--
Noise marines x6- 190pts
sonic blaster x5, champion - Doomsiren - Power weapon

Noise marines x6- 190pts

--Fast Attack--
Raptor x8 - 175pts
Champion

Raptor x8 - 210pts
Flamer x2, Champion - Power Fist
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 06:58 PM

general's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usaal View Post
Ok, triming down the extras that didnt seem needed, and making a Raptor squad that can jump into the enemy lines then get the greater daemon in. I came up with this for a list.

Lucius - 160pts

Greater Daemon - 100pts

--Elite--

--Troops--
Noise marines x6- 190pts

Noise marines x6- 190pts

--Fast Attack--
Raptor x8 - 175pts
Champion

Raptor x8 - 210pts
Lucius - reasonable HQ.

Greater deamon - A solid unit.

Dreads - These are very slow. I run a 2ccw dread, cos I love the model, but it has yet to achieve anything. Possibly leave one with 2 ccw, one with ranged wepon?

Terminators - I love termies. I wouldn't give them all power fists. You will lose some to shooting, and its good to have a few you can remove as casualties without losing too many points. Possibly, make them normal termies, add an extra termi and a couple of lightning claws, more numbers mean they'll last longer. (you should be able to manage 1 extra termie and 3 pairs of lightning claws I think - codex isn't handy.)

Noise marines - not too my personal taste but a good unit. However, you again have all the marines kitted out. Possibly find some points to add in basic marines as a 'meat shield'?

First raptor squad - good squad. Make sure they co-ordinate their assault with the other raptors and greater deamon.

Second raptor squad - ditto. Not sure about the power fist. Striking last, when you only have one wound is risky.

Hope this helps.

Good luck, and may the dark gods favour you!

A chain axe is the best way to win an argument.

Descent into madness - generals 40K Chaos log - my chaos space marine project log : https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=63641

A gamers tale - my tau project log : https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=43171

An ostermark empire army log - my empire project log - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=64918
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 07:58 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usaal View Post

Lucius - 160pts
I'm sure you know that there are likely more effective choices, but kudos for choosing an awesome character.

Quote:
Greater Daemon - 100pts
This guy should do okay in Cities of Death provided he can get into assault straight away and avoid being shot at. Units like Immortals and Destroyers won't have much in the way of trouble with him.

Quote:
--Elite--

These guys might be bad news waiting to happen. Chosen with flamers might be more effective choices though it'll cost you a Stratagem to allow them to Infiltrate.

Quote:
Whoa, this unit is majorly expensive. Firstly there's no need to have quite that many Champions. One is oftentimes enough. Change it over to one Champion and give a few of them power fists. Also, do everything in your power to exchange that reaper autocannon for a heavy flamer. It's a fraction of the points and will likely be similarly effective. Cities of Death battles are often cramped and lines of sight are few and far between so that reaper probably won't be able to get many shots off at long range. A heavy flamer will be a godsend against any Scarab swarms that you come across and will probably see a lot of use. Best of all, no roll to hit is needed!

Quote:
--Troops--
Noise marines x6- 190pts
These look nice though the sonic blasters are kind of expensive and probably won't get to fired at full effect (that is, three shots at max range) often because the board will be so crowded. You might fare better with bolters. They'll give you a chance to fire at full range (with a lot less shots, true) and can rapid fire normally. Fortunately you have bolt pistols too so you'll still be able to get some shots off before an assault.

Quote:
Noise marines x6- 190pts
As above.

Quote:
--Fast Attack--
Raptor x8 - 175pts
Champion
An Icon of Khorne might help. The Necrons will likely be hanging out in cover most of the time so an Icon of Slaanesh won't help you much (which would fit the theme of your army). The Icon of Khorne will help you no matter what though (who can complain about extra attacks after all?). A power sword on your Champion would be handy.

Quote:
Raptor x8 - 210pts
Might want to move one of the flamers over to the other unit and downgrade the fist to a sword. True it means that when your Daemon pops up you'll be losing a model with a power weapon but it gives you the ability to choose from two different locations for the possession.

Best of luck!

Katie D
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Ok, what about a troop heavy list with sewer entrance for a Stragitim.

I know there are other factions to choose as well, but my friends and I each fell into our own Faction. I went with Slaanesh for the sonic weapons, so I don't use any of the others, mostly because the trash talking would never end if I were to take any other mark.

I also figure that I have 20 terminators that never get enough board time, so with the close combat of city fight I might as well take them instead of some long range shots.

Lucius - 160pts

Greater Daemon - 100pts

--Elite--
Terminator Champions x5: 165pts
Heavy Flammer, Champion, power weapon x5

--Troops--
Noise marines x6- 180pts
sonic blaster x3, champion - Doomsiren - Power weapon

Noise marines x6- 180pts
sonic blaster x3, champion - Doomsiren - Power weapon

--Fast Attack--
Raptor x8 - 195pts
Champion - Power Weapon, Meltabomb

Raptor x8 - 190pts
Champion - Power Weapon
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 01:03 AM

Steel Nathan's Flag is: Canada

Well I'm not chaos expert, but to me... jump packs + crapload of terrain = mysterious rolls of 1's for dangerous terrain tests.

It would be ok to take one squad( I would drop both of them TBH in this scenerio)

Otherwise it looks very good. Buuut, do you think it's wise to bring 3 squads of Termies? 2 may be ok but 3??!!.... hmmm interesting
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

The raptors can land on the roads between the buildings and charge in to avoid the difficult terrain tests.... at least thats the plan. They are also a delivery and back up system for the Greater daemon.

I know, 3 squads seems a bit much, but it leaves them moble, and with the buildings I dont want to have too many not involved in combat or tied up somewhere as a bigger squad. Also they can each take and hold a building should we end up with that scenario
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 12:10 PM

Ice_Cube's Flag is: Australia

IMO you still have raptors kitted out wrong, they are not what they could be ATM, i strongly suggest 8 raptors,champion,powerfist,2 meltas, IOCG, its the most effective raptor build, once you try it you will believe me, you can swap the powerfist for twin lightning claws which might be the choice in 5th ed but we will see.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode