2000pt Competitive Slaaneshi Army - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 06:26 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanrel View Post
It says any noise marine can swap out his bolter for a sonic blaster. I figure that includes the champion.
It technically doesn't, but most people will either not know, or not care. Just something to be aware of if you're planning on taking this list to some kind of tournament.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-01-13, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

Maulerfiends move 12" and ignore terrain. They'll be in people's faces just as quick as the talons or the prince. I don't believe I need cultists, they're not good, and easy to kill in small, objective holding groups. 6-8 vehicles? I don't agree with needing a ton of vehicles. It comes down to needing to play test the list to trim the fat and perfect what I bring.

I really hadn't thought of flyers, actually. I have no idea what to use to take them down.

Interesting about the champion, I'll have to check that out further.

USMC, Oorah!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-13, 12:59 PM

dbgoldberg323's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Maulerfiends move 12" and ignore terrain. They'll be in people's faces just as quick as the talons or the prince.
Yup! They're actually the fastest walker in the game.

Quote:
I don't believe I need cultists, they're not good, and easy to kill in small, objecvtive holding groups.
I think you'd be surprised how durable they actually are. They can go to ground, and are usually ignored since the rest of your army has juicier targets.

Quote:
6-8 vehicles? I don't agree with needing a ton of vehicles. It comes down to needing to play test the list to trim the fat and perfect what I bring.
Yup. I disagree drastically with mynameisgrax. Bring what you need, and don't have an "lots or nothing" mentality about any unit. Lists of all variations work perfectly fine.

Quote:
I really hadn't thought of flyers, actually. I have no idea what to use to take them down.
Typically you can just sink 100 pts into an Aegis Defense Line with a Quad Gun for decent flyer coverage, but honestly it's really not enough (you could take Flakk Havocs). Unfortunately most armies only have that single option available to them so for some armies that's all they get. Try it out and see what you think.

Quote:
Interesting about the champion, I'll have to check that out further.
They're absolutely correct. He cannot have a Blastmaster or Sonic Blaster for that matter (but he CAN have a DOOM SIREN!!!!). The entry for Noise Marines clearly lists options available to "Noise Marines" and separate options available to the "Noise Champion".

"Sometimes you just have to roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama

Like my thoughts/posts/comments? Visit my blog! (click HERE!!!)

Blood Angels - 15k pts
Tyranids - >9k pts

Tau - ~4k

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-13, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Tanrel's Flag is: USA

I run Orks, and I was never really impressed with grots. They're the same idea, except Cultists are a tad bit tougher. I ran into the same problem every time I ran them: It would take a single small unit to walk right through and take their objective. Going to ground is great, and it could save them for a few turns, but they aren't fearless. I'd probably only take them in the minimum squad size, so I can only lose 3 before they have to take a Ld test. Or a small assault unit could destroy them in one turn. I'm not too enthusiastic about Cultists.

As for anti-air, I might try out those havocs. Can getting dakka helbrutes do anything about it? And for Vehicles in general, do Dakka Brutes sound better than close combat Brutes?

That's so ridiculous that a Champion of freaking Noise Marines cannot take a sonic blaster or a blastmaster. That's completely ridiculous.

USMC, Oorah!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode