2000 Points CSM - 2nd take - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 03:59 AM Thread Starter

Zaden's Flag is: Canada

Default 2000 Points CSM - 2nd take

After a first game using the new codex, I have decided to try a different route from the lord/cult troop list. I also found Forgefiends to be a little underwelming, as was the ranged Helbrute. Let me know what you think.

Daemon Prince – Wings, Power Armor, Daemon of Slaanesh (215)
Daemon Prince – Wings, Power Armor, Daemon of Slaanesh (215)

Helbrute – 2x Power Fist, 2xHeavy Flamer (130)
Helbrute – 2x Power Fist, 2xHeavy Flamer (130)

CSM x10 – CCWs, 2xMeltagun, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, Veterans of the Long War, Champ w/Power Sword, Meltabombs, Rhino Transport (293)
CSM x10 – CCWs, 2xMeltagun, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, Veterans of the Long War, Champ w/Power Sword, Meltabombs, Rhino Transport (293)
CSM x10 – CCWs, 2xPlasmagun, Mark of Slaanesh, Icon of Excess, Veterans of the Long War, Champ w/Power Sword, Meltabombs, Rhino Transport (303)

Obliterators x2 (140)
Obliterators x2 (140)
Obliterators x2 (140)

1999 Points

Click to feed! =)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 09:35 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

only one suggestion. brutes should go naked. this way, if you are luky, you could even be able to shoot once with the multimelta. Usually they will be blasted tourn 1 or 2
with the resulting 60 free points, you could buy a cultist team for your home objective
2 dp are going to be nasty!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-08-12, 08:56 PM

mynameisgrax's Flag is: USA

I agree with nerferhet.

I'd also consider dropping 2 obliterators in order to get points to add 1-2 more units of cultists. Make sure all units of cultists have flamers, and you have great units for objective grabbing and/or running behind the rhinos.

Good luck!

The first casualty of war is neither innocence nor truth.

The first casualty of war is always subtlety.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-12, 04:22 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I'd drop the 'Brutes in favor of a Heldrake w/ Baleflamer, plus the Black Mace on one Prince and the BBoS on the other.

Also what grax said about dropping 2 Oblits in favor of a squad of 26 cultists with 2 flamers (+2 autoguns), to get a 4th Troops choice in there and fill out the points such changes would make.

You lose an armored hull, but replace them with a Flyer armored hull--slightly more durable, I think you'll agree. Your Princes become that much more nasty and you get a 3rd aerial supporter for them. Also, your army falls in line with the "at least 1 Troops per 500 points" rule of thumb, which is all the more important this edition, thanks to so many missions requiring scoring units.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-12, 04:26 AM

Akumatsu's Flag is: USA

At 2000 points you are better off making two Force Organization charts. After dropping the flamers on the Hellbrutes and taking some cultists like suggested before, you will have enough to satisfy the troops requirements. Then split those Obliterators up into as many single units as possible. Here is why. Since they are no longer fearless, they have a possibility of running off the board which is crap. If you have them in one man squads, the only way they are going to run is if they get assaulted in which they would become useless anyway. If they take one wound they do not have to test for morale since you only test for morale if you lose a casualty outside of assault. Also you are free to have each one shoot at different targets if desired. They will die the same inside or outside groups but this method keeps more on the board longer. Sorry for the long reply.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-12, 05:26 AM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

You need two heldrakes, thhe brutes are good as they divert shooting for a turn. What I would do is lose the princes, they,re a major point sink which could be spent better, lose the slaanesh mark and icons. You are on target with the amount of marines, but instead of DP's two dark Apostles leading two units will make them toigh as nails and you save points from buying two icons, the third and now fourth unit can have your mark if you must need neednit aswell as your icon, but cult marks and icons haven't worked for me on run of the kill marines. One unit of Oblits and two units of havocs with auto canons will aid you in taking out armour and flyers, yes flyers, as with the increased akount of die rolls will give you a better chance of getting those 6's you need to hit the flyers. The oblits can deep strike to nail the really tough armour like raiders that the havocs can't do... oh and for the love of god give your oblits nirgle... they are like gods on the field with this mark! More unots make it jarder for the enemy to figure out who to hit first and more scoring units will win you the battle!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-12, 07:02 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorusReborn View Post
You need two heldrakes, thhe brutes are good as they divert shooting for a turn. What I would do is lose the princes, they,re a major point sink which could be spent better, lose the slaanesh mark and icons. You are on target with the amount of marines, but instead of DP's two dark Apostles leading two units will make them toigh as nails and you save points from buying two icons, the third and now fourth unit can have your mark if you must need neednit aswell as your icon, but cult marks and icons haven't worked for me on run of the kill marines. One unit of Oblits and two units of havocs with auto canons will aid you in taking out armour and flyers, yes flyers, as with the increased akount of die rolls will give you a better chance of getting those 6's you need to hit the flyers. The oblits can deep strike to nail the really tough armour like raiders that the havocs can't do... oh and for the love of god give your oblits nirgle... they are like gods on the field with this mark! More unots make it jarder for the enemy to figure out who to hit first and more scoring units will win you the battle!
I think I vomited a little in my mouth.

Dark Apostles are absolutely the worst HQ choice in the new CSM codex--and that's when pitted against the likes of Fabulous Billy and Airyman. Winged Princes, on the other hand, are (fun, if not competitive) death from above--and moreso when given good Daemon Weapons.

He is not on target with the number of marines if you're telling him to buy another squad.

I make a point of never deep striking Oblits, seeing as the more turns they're on the board, the more turns they get to fire. Plus a lascannon has a 3.70% chance to explode a Land Raider (2/3 to hit, 1/6 to pen, 1/3 to explode)--hardly a convincing chance to kill that thing.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!

Last edited by Mossy Toes; 11-24-12 at 07:08 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-12, 07:25 PM
Searching for Vulkan

HorusReborn's Flag is: USA

Wow so giving a unit hatred, fearless and ld ten is shit? Hhmm for a dp that can get shot down and stay down and get shot to shit for 300+ pts? Pecentages really don't mean shit, you can't predict a game no matter how hard you try... eliminating however many pts two units have to spend for mark of slaanesh and their icon brings more to the fiht, more things for your army to be able to take objectives with, which I thinkeveryone seems to forget forget what 6th is about! Feel no pain only gets you so far! Heldrakea take care of flyers and the baleflamer is pretty tits... helbrutes draw the eye from enemy fire onto key units that score! Dark apostles are boss!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 09:18 AM
Pyro_Renny's Flag is: Canada

Dark Apostles.... hmmmm I used them once. It helped my cultists give real units a cover save because it was the only thing I found useful about it...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode