LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-08, 05:29 PM Thread Starter

Default 3000 pts Chaos all comer list

HQ 1-155
Daemon Prince
*Mark of Slaanesh
*Lash of Submission
*Wings

HQ 2-155 - sometimes i might put in a chaos lord instead of a DP for fun, he has jump pack, mark of Slaanesh, daemon weapon-155points, going to attach it to my flamer raptors
Daemon Prince
*Mark of Slaanesh
*Lash of Submission
*Wings

Troop 1-256
*8 x Thousand Sonds
*A.Socerer (Wind of Chaos)
*Personal Icon

Troop 2-251
*8 x Thousand Sonds
*A.Socerer (Wind of Chaos)

Troop 3-211
8 x Plague Marines - A.Champion (Powerfist), 2 x Flamer

Troop 4-211
8 x Plague Marines - A.Champion (Powerfist), 2 x Flamer

Troop 5-280
8 x Noise Marines - A.Champion (Powerfist, Doomsiren), 8 x Sonic Blasters

Troop 6-280
8 x Noise Marines - A.Champion (Powerfist, Doomsiren), 8 x Sonic Blasters

Fast Attack 1-260
8 x Raptors - A.Champion (Powerfist), Flamer x 2, Mark of nurgle

Fast Attack 2-260
8 x Raptors - A.Champion (Powerfist), Meltagun x 2, Mark of nurgle

Heavy Support 1-225
3 x Obliterators

Heavy Support 2-225
3 x Obliterators

Heavy Support 3-225
3 x Obliterators

its comes down to 3000 points

this list is a allcomer list, hopefully i will be able to take on any kind of army

alot of shooting with my noise marine and thousand sons with Ap3 bolters will do damage to non-horde army

my plague marines wll be always up the front taking fires, getting them self into CC with a horde army, they are tough!

as you can see, my thousand son units has a personal icons, thats for my raptors to deepstrike on to, if necessary~ T5, tough!

i would love to play this list against some horde army..

in the list, you can see that i have template weapons with all my units, except for one of my backdoor raptors, they have meltas, but other than this unit, the rest is for dealing with horde armies

9 obliteratos are gonna stick to the ANTI TANK job

the 2 HQ i have, lash units foward into my rapid fire range, and for my other units to charge into

can someone please have a good look at my list? and give me some advices on building a better list, tactic suggestions will be also appreciated

btw, i have 1 more unit of each troop choice sitting in my case.. so i can make adjustments to it

feel free to comment on this list

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-08, 06:18 AM
Blood God's Flag is: Australia

Well this army is pretty good i would change both raptor squads to melta guns. Even though you have 9 obliterators that mobile tank hunter very welcome.
Overall a very cheesy but nice army. 9 obliterators and 2 lash princes, cheese ftw lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprldancer View Post
Tau have hooves, things with hooves are called live stock. Live stock is for eating, the tau just haven't realized that they are actually quarter pounders yet.
My Dark Apostle.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...381#post201381
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-08, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

i dont really understand the meaning of cheezy
what kind of a army is counted as cheezy?
i will take your advice with the melta raptors , i have to work on it but

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-08, 01:35 PM
Blood God's Flag is: Australia

cheesy, beardy. An army that is hmmm.. powergaming i guess would be the word im looknig for. basically your army is not illegal but people wont like the fact you included 9 obliterators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprldancer View Post
Tau have hooves, things with hooves are called live stock. Live stock is for eating, the tau just haven't realized that they are actually quarter pounders yet.
My Dark Apostle.
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...381#post201381
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-08, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

wont like it? i think this is just total BS
i can take what ever i want
see
some players, they take 8 MCs, and saying that 9 obliterators is cheezy
why?
because the oblits can shoot the hell out of his MCs

rediculous how some people instead of working out a army list or a tactic to deal with it, they complain so much ..
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-08, 10:03 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

Stone,

IMHO anyone who has fault with anything someone else plays is not in this for the game and it's no loss if they walk away, there is absolutly nothing cheesy about this army list and frankly there are plenty of other "cheesy" things out there. you know what i do when i end up fighting a list with tons of wave serpents and 3 falcons? i suck it up and play the game, i might complain a bit after but i don't quit and walk away like a B**** because i can't deal with it. i say screw it play your army your way and knock anyone out who complains to the high heavens about it being cheesy.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-08, 12:32 AM

beenburned's Flag is: United Kingdom

Agreed, we're all in the game for different reasons, and if you're in for the challenge of winning then I don't think anyone can blame you for taking a strong army. It may be a hard army to beat, but if they're in it to win it too, why the hell did they take such a weak army?
I think the key in your situation is to pick who you play carefully, and make sure they're ok with how you play, as if you come up against some modeller who has every unit in the army, not optimised for killing, then obviously you'll steam roll them and the game won't be fun for either of you, and you'll avoid confrontations in general.
Oh yeah, and looks fine with that melta in the raptors.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-08, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

yes! hi5
shall all the B****es loose their game

lets get back to the list
any suggestions on the list?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-08, 11:28 PM

Syko515's Flag is: USA

the only change i would make to the list, stone, is that one of the plague marine squads should have a pair of plasmaguns. it's the most optimal unit in the 40k universe to be able to take plasma on that gets hot. i highly recommend it.

Ave Dominae Nox
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-07-08, 03:17 PM

general's Flag is: United Kingdom

The only change I would consider is the fists with the raptors. The are good against vehicles, but with meltas, you shouldn't need to charge vehicles. Also, if you hit infantry, your champ will strike last which isn't good (I used to run a similar squad). I would but a power wepon in for assault.

In terms of cheese, yeah 9 oblits is a bit. But so what? I'd love to play a horde army agaist this list, I think it would be great fun. Plus the oblits would be hard to deal with, and I like a challange! (no I'm being serious).
My mate has an SM army with a total of 8 lascannons. That would be considered cheese. But every game we have a laugh. When he fires them all at my termies and misses, fun, when he analiates them in 1 turn, ridiculously funny!

Best of luck!

A chain axe is the best way to win an argument.

Descent into madness - generals 40K Chaos log - my chaos space marine project log : https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=63641

A gamers tale - my tau project log : https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=43171

An ostermark empire army log - my empire project log - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=64918

Last edited by general; 06-07-08 at 03:20 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Marines Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode