1000 pts List First try. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

1000 pts List First try.

Alright,

I have seen the IG capabilities. And I think i will stick with my first choice the Chaos daemons.

At some point I started a thread here about 1000 pts army and how to build it. But as it was suggested in the IG thread i created it's best to come up with my own list and ask for help on what to change to make it good.

So this is what i have came up with at this point.

HQ

1x LoC - Master of Sorcery , Boon of Mutation - 290 Pts

1x HoT - Disc, Bolt , Master of Sorcerery - 100 pts

Troops

10x Bloodletters - 160 pts

10x Horrors - Bolt, 1x Changeling - 168 pts.

10x Daemonettes - 140 pts

Elites

3x Flamers - Bolt - 135 pts

993pts

Cons , Pros about about the list what should i change, what should I keep speaking about 1000 pts army.

I know it is a gamble with the LoC on that low points but it should be interesting.

How to deal with VEhicles ? Change the Flamers to Fiends ?

I am going to start with the LoC , HoT and Horrors on the table.

Also maybe i should change the LoC for another HoT on disc and maybe add for the points a couple of DP's ot SG.

Please advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 02:29 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

LoC's are generally lackluster even at higher point values. Think about it, for his points you could have 3 more HoTs, and at 1000 pts thats a ton of AT firepower and wounds in your HQ alone.

The rest of your list is ok. I'd drop the horrors into 2 squads of 5 with bolt just to get more bolts on the table for cheap. Bloodletters can from in squads of 8 and still be effective, but 10 is fine too. Daemonettes are always a solid choice especially at 1,000. My concern is how this list would fare on objective matches, since horrors are squishy and you run no plaguebearers. Another point to consider is that daemon elite and heavy support are what carries them. An alternative to running 4 HoTs, you could run 2 and pick up a squad of 4 bloodcrushers with all the options for another big threat.

Hope this helps a bit.

edit; didnt see it glancing through but bolt on flamers is a nono. The breath is infinitely better for what the unit is intended to do.

Last edited by Ravner298; 10-20-11 at 02:34 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks,

I have redone the list a little bit please comment.

HQ

1x HoT - Disc, Bolt , Master of Sorcerery, We are Legion - 110 pts

1x HoT - Disc, Bolt , Master of Sorcerery, We are legion - 110 pts

Troops

5x Horrors - Bolt, + 1x Changeling - 100 pts

5x Horrors - Bolt - 95 pts

Elites

3x Flamers - 105 pts

Heavy

1x DP - Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle,Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch. - 215 pts.

1090pts

But in that way I am a little over 1000 pts.

Maybe need to drop something from the DP ?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 12:45 PM

everkill007's Flag is: Netherlands

maybe noxious touch on s5 you will wound marines on a 3 and termagaunts on 2 so that is an option.

btw i am also new to chaos deamons i had just one battle with them and they are really fun to play, so welcome to the club!

the tears of terror will rain upon you.

Last edited by everkill007; 10-23-11 at 01:14 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-11, 01:12 PM

Ravner298's Flag is: USA

Looking better. 90 points you could drop a few bloodletters from each squad and maybe something minor like noxious touch from the DP. The rest of his upgrades are pretty mandatory. At 1,000 this list should do pretty well, just be wary of objectives and how squishy your current objective holders are.

Quote:
maybe noxious touch on s5 you will hit marines on a 3 and termagaunts on 2 so that is an option
Wait what? Noxious touch makes him wound on 2+, has nothing to do with hitting.

Last edited by Ravner298; 10-21-11 at 01:14 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-11, 12:53 AM

Chaos40kAD's Flag is: USA

I played a LoC in a 750 point game, and won He's a beast on his own, and properly backed up he can really pwn. I know all the competative hype is about the Heralds on their chariots or whatever, but I play this game for fun, so I field stuff I think is cool.

I agree with Ravner, drop four bloodletters and 2 daemonettes and you've netted 92 points.

-Brett
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 01:10 PM

everkill007's Flag is: Netherlands

sorry, i ment wounding.it would not make sense if i really was talking about hitting, because he hits tremagaunts on 3+ and not on a 2+.

the tears of terror will rain upon you.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-11, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Also not really sure about the Wings on the DP. Not really sure I will need them at all.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-11, 12:50 AM
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
Also not really sure about the Wings on the DP. Not really sure I will need them at all.
Unfortunately you do. I used to think they were crap, but you need the mobility so that you can drop in cover or out of rapid fire / assault range, then swoop in and target SPECIFIC high priority units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valafar View Post
Thanks,

I have redone the list a little bit please comment.

HQ

1x HoT - Disc, Bolt , Master of Sorcerery, We are Legion - 110 pts

1x HoT - Disc, Bolt , Master of Sorcerery, We are legion - 110 pts

These are very good. I like to mix up my HQ's so if your ever stuck Skulltaker on a Chariot is lots of fun (if not the most competitive choice).

Troops

Two squads? I'd rather one 16 squad with a 7 man Plaguebearer team. I play exclusively 1000pt games and my 10 man letters and 7 plagues have been my Hammer and Anvil top team in most of my games.

5x Horrors - Bolt, + 1x Changeling - 100 pts

5x Horrors - Bolt - 95 pts

If you play lots of mech (I don't) this is fine, otherwise a unit of ten is needed to get significant casulties on Meq and even Geq.

I use these too, but they have let me down every time. I recomend you check out switching these out to seekers. More mobile and more killy for very few extra points.

Elites

3x Flamers - 105 pts

Excellent unit.

Heavy

1x DP - Daemonic Flight, Iron Hide, Mark of Nurgle,Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch. - 215 pts

Again this is a top unit ... BUT ... depending on what your facing, a Tzeentch 140pt drop and shoot (Prince, MOT, Bolt, Gaze) might be more feective and free up some points for some Elites.

I've just found my Nurgle Prince to be underwhelming when their aren't other MC's or decent HQ's to target and at 1000pts this tends to be the case.

1090pts

Maybe need to drop something from the DP ?

Hope that helps.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode