post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-11, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

New to daemons ,please help.

ok i am looking for a 1500-1800 point daemon army,here is what i have
please help,
army as of now:
1 skull taker 140
10 bloodletters 1 with chaos banner 185
3 blood crushers 120
1 daemon prince nurgle 80+5-115(options)?
1 lord of change 250+40 we are legion,+10MoS
2 soul grinders 270
5 seekers of slaanesh 1 with chaos banner 110
15-20 deamonetts 252-280
1 masque 100

Last edited by wazgold; 07-10-11 at 04:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-11, 04:25 PM
Well That Was Unexpected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazgold View Post
ok i am looking for a 1500 point daemon army,here is what i have
please help,
army as of now:
1 skull taker 140
2 blood crushers 80
1 great unclean one 160
1 lord of change 250
1 masque 100
2 soul grinders 270
14 deamonetts 196
grand total of 1491 points
Um what the hell is this supposed to be? Is this your intended list or the models you own? Are you unwilling to buy any other models? Do you want a combetitive or fluffy/fun list?

For starters you can't take Skulltaker, Masque, a Lord of Change AND a Great Unclean One, as that's 3 HQ's in total.

You are also lacking Pink Horrors and Plague Bearers which are two of the best Troop Choices we have.

2 Bloodcrushers isn't enough, so at this points level you'll need to buy a Pack of Three to boost you up to 5 total.

I'm not writing you up a list, as I have too many questions that need answered, but if you respond and answer a few of them, I'd be glad to help you out some more.

But some addidional info would help alot.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-11, 05:14 PM

Daemon Prince Paintbox's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hey, I'm a fellow Daemons player so try and help. What I write is just suggestions based on how I've found them. So here goes:

OK I feel you need to bulk out the troops a little. Skulltaker with 20 bloodletters or 2 units of 10. They are nasty and will cause carnage. I would like to see a unit of 20 or so daemonettes. They're great against anything fleshy. I'd recommend pink horrors. Great shooters to cut down troops. Add a changeling for 5 points for the Glamour of Tzeentch ability. Well worth the points! Plaguebearers are good for soaking up shots and holding objectives.

As for you HQ's, I've not used either. But the Lord of Change would be good against an armoured opponent. I like to use a Bloodthirster, but that's simply because I have the model and like Khorne.

Juggernauts are fantastic, but 2 will get shot down very quickly. 3 minimum, 4 would be better. Another Elite to never leave home without has to be Flamers. Do yourself a favour and get some. You don't need lots, 3 will do the job perfectly. Anything on foot is soon left as a smouldering pile of ash. Better against units then single models simply because you get more hits.

Soul Grinders provide much needed artillery to a Daemon army. It's good you have 2 as if you only use 1, it's the first thing to be shot at. Daemon Princes are great too, especially against vehicles or indeed other monsterous creatures. A very versatile unit as you can tweek it to do several things.

Well, I hope that helps a little. Look forward to seeing what lists you come up with for future games.

All the best.

http://www.daemonprincepaintbox.com/home.html

Check out my latest blogs, gallery or leave a message. Available for commissions.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-11, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

i fixed it ,lol i screwed up thanks guys lets give this another go.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-11, 03:08 AM

Quote:
ok i am looking for a 1500 point daemon army,here is what i have
please help,
army as of now:
1 skull taker 140 (Bullet Magnet and should ride a juggernaut and go with the crushers so he has a better chance of survival and better stat line for only 35 points which you can make by dropping those two icons)

10 bloodletters 1 with chaos banner 185 (lose the banner, don't need more attention, need to survive long enough to assault)

3 blood crushers 120 (i would never run less then 5 but that's just me. Also, give them upgrades so you can allocate wounds accordingly and not all on the three of them since if you take enough wounds you have to take out a whole bloodcrusher rather than just give a wound to each, also give this unit the chaos icon they are verrryyyy difficult to kill.)

1 epidemius 110 (lose epidemius, worthless, you aren't playing a full nurgle army.)

1 lord of change 250+40 we are legion,+10MoS (I prefer Keeper of secrets personally, but lord of change is good as well)

2 soul grinders 270 (pretty good idea, mostly because since they are such a large target people tend to go after them. But you have two so thats divided attention, which is a good idea! but might want to give them phlegm or tongue)

5 seekers of slaanesh 1 with chaos banner 110 (lose the banner, again not meant to soak up hits and they will take plenty with their 4 attacks each consider getting 10 instead of 5 as well.)

18 deamonetts 252 (good)

grand total 1487
(I'm also fairly certain that you can't have three hq's but i may be wrong)

Here's my two cents, if you want it.

Last edited by bennyjig; 07-10-11 at 03:18 AM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-11, 05:34 AM

He can have those 3 HQ choices. Epidemius and Skulltaker = 1 choice.

Also you should either drop the master of sorcery upgrade or add Breath of Chaos. The lord of change comes with 2 shooting attacks Bolt of Tzeentch and Demonic Gaze and can use them both every round without the master of sorcery because it is a monstrous creature . If you are going to use the mastery you should also give the Lord of Change the Breath of Chaos upgrade.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-10-11, 10:49 PM

Quote:
ok i am looking for a 1500-1800 point daemon army,here is what i have
please help,
army as of now:
1 skull taker 140
3 blood crushers 120
1 daemon prince nurgle 80+5-115(options)?
1 lord of change 250+40 we are legion,+10MoS
2 soul grinders 270
15-20 deamonetts 252-280
1 masque 100
Seeing what you have now, the closest competetive daemon list you can reach is bloodcrusher/fiend combo.

HQ

-any sort of greater daemon will fill the role of "WHAT IS THAT THING! KILL IT! KILL IT!" (check)

x4-5 Bloodcrushers (half-check)
x6 fiends
x6 fiends

x7 plaguebearers or 15 bloodletters
x7 plaguebearers or 15 bloodletters
x7 plaguebearers or 15 bloodletters (half-check)
x20 daemonettes (check)

soul grinder (check)
soul grinder (check)

The way this list works is simple. 1st wave, the grinders, and elites come down and do as much damage and movement as possible. Reinforcements (the HQ and Troops) land and claim objective's or handle stragglers that the big hitters aren't dealing with.

Alternatively, the Elites, HQ, and daemonettes can come down in the first wave if you need to start chassing down transports.

Last edited by red baron; 07-10-11 at 11:16 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-11, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Default daemons for the last time hopefully.

1500 point list,thanks everyone for input, so hopefully final list for a while
let me know what u think...buy the way it comes to 1495 points.

HQ
Lord of change w/breath of chaos-250+30=280
Skull taker =140

Elites
3 bloodcrushers -120

Troops
10 bloodletters w/instrument of chaos-160+5=165
10 deamonetts-140
7 plague bearers -105

Fast attack
5 seekers-85

Heavy support

1 soul grinder w/phlegm-135+25=165
1 soul grinder w/tongue-135+25=165
1 daemon prince nurgle-110 w/cloud of flies+5 =145
w/noxious touch+10
w/aura of decay+20

puts grand total at 1500...

any more ideas would be great thanks to everyone who posted.

Last edited by wazgold; 07-11-11 at 05:08 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-11, 07:16 PM

U should try experimenting without the lord of change. The broodcrushers could be heralds on juggernauts which could provide boosts to ur mostly artillery heavy support. Plus, their cheap, and on chariots they can soak up quite a few hits b4 dieing. 3 heralds of khorne can easily beat down way more than a single lord of change (without we r legion) Plus the points cost would b roughly the same

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode