+Tongue

-Troops
Daemonettes x20
+(had spare Points)transfixing glaze

Bloodletters x20

-Elite
Fiends of Slaanesh x6

In the end there is only Chaos...
Tyranids: Ragnarök Hivefleet Space Marines: Salamanders Chapter Dark Eldar: Blood Dragon Kabal
Chaos Daemons: Seed Of Destruction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 10:16 AM

i have a lot to still learn about using daemons (my main army being chaos space marines) i have had 4 games now with my new daemons vs respected players i lost my first 2 games but have won my most recent 2 and my confidence is growing. from what i can see of your list i don't like it at all tbh mate, what i would do to make it better staying with the khorne slaanesh theme is drop the skulltaker and masque and put in a keeper of secrets (that will save points) they are just as good if not better then the bloodthirster. i would take off the death strike on the bloodthirster not worth the points for what it does. the bloodletters and Daemonettes squads seem way to big they need to be split in half groups of 10 being fine. i would take out one fiend to save points then with the points you have saved you can get one more soul grinder. i mayself like princes better but 2 soulgrinders is still cool. hope my comments helps i was waiting on a more experienced player to post there comments but as no has yet i thought id tell you what i think good luck buddy

Last edited by Getaroth; 05-02-11 at 10:19 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-02-11, 12:14 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666JasonDark666 View Post
-HQ
Bloodthirster
+blessing of the blood god
+death srike
+unholy might
ok, but I never think death strike is worth it. Unholy might isn't great unless you think you'll be in prolonged combat, facing wraithlords/C'Tan or a lot of land raiders... so everything else S8 on the charge is plenty.

Skulltaker on chariot of khorne
I think he's better on jugg but not a bad choice

The Masque
really don't like the masque. Sure she's quite fun to use, but at T3 and 3W she'll still die way too quickly: a few lasguns openning up at her and she's dead... and if flashlights can do that you know you have a problem

-Heavy Support
Soulgrinder
+Tongue
I prefer phlegm but tongue is good anti-tank occasionally... too inaccurate for my liking though.

-Troops
Daemonettes x20
+(had spare Points)transfixing glaze
transfixing gaze is great, I always take it on any unit I can. Daemonettes work best in groups of about 15-20... but I would still split the unit in 2. Take 2 units of 10 and have them work together, it gives you more flexibility

Bloodletters x20
massive overkill. Split them into 2, if they're going to come under lots of fire then work them together, otherwise just seperate and massacre twice as much.

-Elite
Fiends of Slaanesh x6
always a good unit, but unholy might is a standard upgrade for them
Its a decent list, but I think you'll run into a few issues. First is that the masque and the soul grinder are going to die very fast. The masque never survives for long because she is annoying and incredibly easy to kill. If she was an IC then I would add her into a lot of my armies, but as she is just dont bother with her. The grinder will suffer from being the only vehicle: most people gear their armies to be able to take on armies that have 4-5 vehicles standard, so if they are facing 1 they wont have an issue (my old SW, before the new dex made things cheaper, had 9-11 vehicles in every 1500pt army). If I run my grinders I take at least 2, normally 3. Its pretty standard that I lose 2 of them in the first couple turns. Having said that they are great and I love them (a huge amuont more then DPs), if only they weren't such a compete bugger to transport...

I prefer skulltaker on a jugg because he can hide in units before charging (you can charge him in alone, and I would)... the advantage of that is that people who really fear him (like nid players) cannot shoot him before he gets to combat. If I had a nid army with lots of juicy MCs that would have skulltaker salivating I would put all my firepower into him until he was dead if able- if you hide him in the bloodletters I would probably have to run away instead (lack of fleet is one of skulltakers/bloodletters biggest flaws).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode