Slaanesh themed 2k: viable? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-11, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

daletron's Flag is: USA

Default Slaanesh themed 2k: viable?

I was wondering if this was a viable daemons 2k army list. Most of the army list I've seen have been a mixture of chaos gods, but I've yet to set a single god themed army. I've never used daemons and I've never played against them, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm 25 pts short and not sure where to put them.

(180)
Herald of Slaanesh w/chariot of slaanesh,Soporific musk,unholy might
Herald of Slaanesh w/chariot of slaanesh,Soporific musk,unholy might

(480)
5 Fiends of Slaanesh w/unholy might

(700)
10 Daemonettes of Slaanesh w/gaze,icon,instrument

(615)
10 Seekers of Slaanesh w/gaze,icon,instrument

Total: 1975
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-11, 12:38 PM

I recently started with Daemons myself, running a Slaanesh heavy list. Two things I can tell you that I've learned.

1. While your army is very fast, you will absolutely need to hide the units that drop very well. Because you WILL get shot up, and Slaanesh units aren't exactly tough. With your build, I think I would drop at least 24"(maybe more) away from my opponent. Let them come to you a lil bit, then, since most of your heavy hitters are Cavalry with fleet, you can cover a lot of ground to get to him. Just hope for REALLY good Fleet rolls.

2. Anti- armour. Sure you got rending, but I personally don't think it's enough. Especially in the age of mech that is 5th ed. I'd take a KoS with Unholy Might if you're set on being Mono-Slaanesh. He/She/It's a tough bugger, and can take out that "big" tank for you.

I think Mono-Slaanesh armies are really fun,even though I have a couple of Tzeentch units in mine. You just have to be really careful with your tactics.

Hope I've helped.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-11, 02:38 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

You should never ever need 7 icons in 1 list. Remove 5 and get more models

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-11, 07:41 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would go further- I never use icons, and you should probably not take more then 1. Currently you're spending 175pts on icons which still cant help you with the first half of your army to DS.

Personally I would drop all the icons and a unit of seekers and exchange that for a couple of cheap DPs with pavane.
I would send the fiends and seekers (and chariots) in wave 1 and then have the DPs drop down in wave 2 to use pavane to pull units out of cover to help the fiends assault (they dont have aura). Keep the DPs cheap and they'll be half decent bullet magnets if the wrong half of your army comes in first.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-11, 09:14 PM

Tatsumaki's Flag is: Saint Lucia

Ah, mono-god slaanesh is always a fun army to play. Personally I find the pavene of slaanesh an eensy bit useless (because I always seem to roll 1's!) but there is no reason why it couldn't work like that. Generally I take tzeench daemon princes, but it still kind of feels like cheating :/.

"Don't call me small! I'll breakdown your feet and stick 'em on your head!!." Full metal alchemist
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-11, 11:22 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I cheat a different way... my mono-slaanesh army uses Skarbrand...
Sure he's meant to be a bloodthirster but I've converted a KoS to be him, and since he doesnt have wings and has fleet instead he feels much more like KoS to me.

List I use is:
(300) Skarbrand
(190) 6 Fiends, unholy might
(145) 10 Daemonettes, transfixing gaze
(145) 10 Daemonettes, transfixing gaze
(170) 10 Daemonettes, transfixing gaze, Icon
(170) 10 Seekers
=1500

It's pretty similar to your list but skarbrand (in wave 2) makes maximum use of the tons of high I rending attacks that the army pumps out. If I were to up it 2k I would add a chariot (same build as yours) and 2 more units of 10 seekers (gaze all round on the seekers)... then its just mess about with the last ~50pts.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-11, 12:46 AM

I run a pretty similar list to Tim, though I often find scarbrand gets left behind as the fiends have a huge charge range and scarbrand spends most of his time keeping up so they get rerolls to their killing power. Last game I played with them i spent the whole game chasing after fast BA vehicles spreading out in every direction and still catching them each turn.

- Max out your fiend slots if you can.,
- Drop the icons - with fleet you can afford to drop further away in safety and still get where you want to go fast enough
- Get some MC action going on for anti-tank

Incoming fire has right of way.
W/L/D (2013)
Wood Elves - 1 / 0 / 0
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-11, 01:07 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

With the advent of Grey Knights - Skarbrand dual Heralds with Pavane/Masque are MUST haves. Their Daemonic Gifts are less effected by Excommunication, and I can see Nemsis Dread Knights becoming popular for not just that reason, but their all round usefulness.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode