tactics smart move or stupid?? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

tactics smart move or stupid??

deepstrike plague bearers in front of any units that you wanna protect and run run in order to surround the unit in the front
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 10:31 PM

Works nice IMHO, depending on:
1) the unit you're protecting is worth the effort (screening multiple units will be difficult because of point 4)
2) you're willing to sacrifice one of the best scoring units in the game
3) said unit is big enough to not get shot to bits etc.
4) the dicegods don't screw you over with DS/run moves (and they will)

So how big is your unit and what do you plan to screen?
Cheers, Nightbringer

PS: you can see my list a couple of posts down. I plan on using that tactic aswell, but I'm not very experienced...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-31-10, 10:55 PM

angelXD19's Flag is: USA

Location: a little town called..none of your goddamn business

nightbringer has some good points. but I would count that as a dumb move. I really don't want to sacrifice a unit

I LOVE STEALING. I LOVE TAKING THINGS- Bender

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-10, 03:54 PM

MJayC50's Flag is: United Kingdom

If out of desperation. Better to use 'actual' cover to deep strike into/run into or even the enemy lines (some vehicles wont be able to get out of the way).

Another good tactic would be to drop a soul grinder or great unclean one into the heart of the army and try to block as much shooting as possible. be it thru shifting target priorities or those models being so god damn big :D

As for the statement that hes a pussy in close combat... ignore that. He shreds things. Nothing with Str 10, 5 attacks that ignore invunerable saves should be called a pussy. - JackalMJ

*** Oxford Gaming Club Blog ***
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 04:57 AM

Gubnutz's Flag is: USA

Well I do not think it is a bad tactic. However, I have found that the use of cover is going to be the better option in most cases. Depending on what you run, I have experience with only Mono Nurgle. I find that since I cannot shoot with most of my force i drop in then use the run to get into some cover. We are already slow and purposeful so the terrain is not a huge issue. I then run every turn since I cannot shoot and this offsets the S&P.

If you are trying to protect something that is going to turn the battle then this is solid if not then I would say drop those lovely T5 troops on or near an objective and let the other daemons sort themselves out.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Let them hate as long as they fear.

http://gubnutz.livejournal.com/ Check out my Live Journal
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-10, 07:43 PM

Kristopholes's Flag is: USA

I agree that actual cover would be better but this could work depending on what you are protecting. For it to actually be effective I would say you would have to be protecting something like Seekers or other Slaaneshi daemons that have terrible toughness but can run around those Plaguebearers and rip the enemy up quickly. Not the best tactic IMHO but it could work

Control the Chaos
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-09-10, 04:08 PM

Instead send the PBs down in the first wave and leave the bigger stuff in reserve.

Use the PBs to form a 'ring' around your enemies army to trap them and then DS the hard hitters in there too.

It's risky but it pays off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I'd rather take my chances at the end of Kharn the betrayers axe, while Typhus sneezes on me Ahriman pokes me with tentacles and Lucius rapes my leg (Abby can sit in the corner crying) than with the imperium.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode