skarbrand/slaanesh - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Default skarbrand/slaanesh

I have been working on this list for a while now trying to figure out what would work and wouldn't work. And I chose Slaanesh rather than khorne as they have fleet and are generally quicker, have higher initiative and are armed with grenades (so even when attacking into cover will still attack first which to me is important when you get to reroll in combat).

1 x skarbrand
1 x keeper of secrets (might)
5 x fiends of slaanesh
4 x flamers of tzeentch
15 x daemonettes
15 x daemonettes
15 x seekers of slaanesh
1 x soul grinder (phlegm)
1 x prince (hide, might, nurgle, cloud of flies, breath of chaos)

the flamers seem an odd choice I know, but i love them. I literally love them. They do soooo much damage I cannot see myself not including them.

the grinder may seem odd but he's a killer in combat and phlegm is amazing.

and the prince too adds another MC and with flight he's able to move well and with nurgle and hide he can survive and with cloud of flies he can attack into cover.

At least thats the way i see it what about you guys?

Also I have 80 points to spare at the moment (for 2k points) as I am trying to cut back to get in some icons and hopefully some letters or crushers, as power weapons with rerolls is a very much YES PLEASE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 10:09 PM

Gubnutz's Flag is: USA

Some issue I see with the list that might cause you some problems are the single Grinder. Yes he is dead killy but with only a single one on the board he is going to draw a lot of fire. I feel that he will die before you get anything out of him. You might be better off taking another DP in his place to allow for anti tank and also adding to the mobility of the piece used. Granted you have several MC in the lsit but still the Grinder is going to take a beating. from what I have read/seen/heard they are best in multiples or not at all.

Also Skarbrand pushes rerolls for your and the enemy correct? If that is the case then taking him with all of the lower T nettes might not be your best bet. Seems that it could cause some problems. I could be off in this though as I am fairly new to the Daemons and have really been running mono nurgle with a few Khorne models to taste.

You might also want to look at going with smaller units as the footprint on the 15 nettes and 15 sekers, is that correct 15 seekers, is going to be quite large.

Gub

Oderint Dum Metuant

Let them hate as long as they fear.

http://gubnutz.livejournal.com/ Check out my Live Journal
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 11:03 PM

Pathfinder201's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gubnutz View Post
Yes he is dead killy but with only a single one on the board he is going to draw a lot of fire. I feel that he will die before you get anything out of him.
I agree. The soul grinder would die in the first turn if it could be shot be anti tank weapons. I suggest that you exchange it for either a deamon prince for as gubnutz said anti tanks or bloodletters to deal with any anoying heavy aroumared guys like all space marines.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

1 x skarbrand
1 x keeper of secrets (might)
5 x fiends of slaanesh
5 x flamers of tzeentch
15 x daemonettes (icon)
15 x daemonettes
15 x bloodletters (icon)
15 x seekers of slaanesh
1 x prince (flight, hide, might, nurgle, cloud of flies, breath of chaos)

is that better? that comes to 2000 points exactly

Last edited by yamnosaj; 06-30-10 at 09:55 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-29-10, 11:20 PM

Pathfinder201's Flag is: USA

I think that is pretty good.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode