1750 list - looking for comments - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 05:17 AM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

Default 1750 list - looking for comments

Hey everyone,

Relatively new to Daemons - decided to pick em up so I could both play 40k and fantasy with them. My only stipulation is the Bloodcrushers - I will not drop them - love the model and now that they are plastic... Let me know what you think!

1750 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster

HQ: Bloodthirster (1#, 275 pts)
DG: Daemonic Flight; DG: Iron Hide; DG: Unholy Might; DGK: Blessings of The Blood God

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle (6#, 90 pts)

Elite: Bloodcrushers of Khorne (6#, 280 pts)
DGK: Fury of Khorne x1; DG: Chaos Icon x1; DG: Instrument of Chaos x1

Elite: Bloodcrushers of Khorne (6#, 280 pts)
DGK: Fury of Khorne x1; DG: Chaos Icon x1; DG: Instrument of Chaos x1

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince of Chaos (1#, 215 pts)
DG: Daemonic Flight; DG: Iron Hide; MC: Mark of Nurgle; DGN: Cloud of Flies; DGN: Noxious Touch

DG: Daemonic Flight; DG: Iron Hide; MC: Mark of Nurgle; DGN: Cloud of Flies; DGN: Noxious Touch

Total Roster Cost: 1750

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!

Last edited by Crimzzen; 06-02-10 at 06:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 06:20 AM
It looked great on paper.

hijynx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
Hey everyone,

Relatively new to Daemons - decided to pick em up so I could both play 40k and fantasy with them. My only stipulation is the Bloodcrushers - I will not drop them - love the model and now that they are plastic... Let me know what you think!

1750 Pts - Chaos Daemons Roster

HQ: Bloodthirster (1#, 270 pts)
Unholy Might;
Blessing of the Blood God is a must on 'thirsters. T6 3+/4+ and all the wounds in the world don't matter when you get smacked with a force weapon.

HQ: Fateweaver, Oracle of Tzeentch (1#, 333 pts)
Fateweaver makes your army very powerful, but very predictable and slow.

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle (6#, 115 pts)
6 Plaguebearers of Nurgle @ 115 pts, Chaos Icon x1

Troops: Plaguebearers of Nurgle (5#, 75 pts)
5 Plaguebearers of Nurgle @ 75 pts

I find Plaguebearers work best in squads of 8. Maybe combine the smaller squads into three larger ones?

Elite: Bloodcrushers of Khorne (3#, 130 pts)
3 Bloodcrushers of Khorne @ 130 pts , Fury of Khorne x1

Again I don't usually play a Fatecrusher-type list, but a squad of 6 of these with all the upgrades is tough as nails, and takes alot of firepower to get rid of. Wound allocation trickery is great.

Heavy Support: Daemon Prince of Chaos (1#, 140 pts)
Mark of Tzeentch; rDGT: Bolt of Tzeentch

Total Roster Cost: 1753

Wave 1 - Bloodthirster, Fateweaver, Bloodcrushers, Bloodcrushers, Daemon Prince, Daemon Prince,

Wave 2 - Plaguebearers, Plaguebearers, Plaguebearers, Plaguebearers, Bloodcrushers, Daemon Prince
Hope this helps a little! Putting all your tricks in a handful of small units can be risky, but can pay off too. I'd combine two of the 'crusher squads into a larger one, and try to fit some Flamers (no upgrades) into the extra Elite slot you'll have. They're a glass cannon, but they can wreck a squad four times their cost if you use them correctly.

Currently Playing:
Warhammer 40k: Dark Eldar - Chaos Daemons - Sisters of Battle
Warmachine/Hordes: Retribution of Scyrah - Circle Orboros
Malifaux: Outcasts - Neverborn - Resurrectionists
- - -
If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful.
- C. S. Lewis

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijynx View Post
Hope this helps a little! Putting all your tricks in a handful of small units can be risky, but can pay off too. I'd combine two of the 'crusher squads into a larger one, and try to fit some Flamers (no upgrades) into the extra Elite slot you'll have. They're a glass cannon, but they can wreck a squad four times their cost if you use them correctly.
Thanks! How do you use the flamers? Size/loudout/tactics.

I have 6 really nicely painted ones but I'm not sure how to use them.

Isn't the thirster immune to instant death, is the 4+ not enought?

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 08:16 AM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

For flamers everyone seems to use them exactly the same- units of 3 or 4 with no upgrades, drop them right next to a nasty enemy unit and fry it to death... then die.
Some use bolt of tzeentch for them for the extra BS, but I find the pts cost too high since you almost always lose them the turn they enter play- they are so nasty that few people will let them live for long.

A nice alternate way to use them, and a highly evil plan, is to DS them out of LoS behind objectives (if you can) and then just keep them behind a wall/building. It basically denies the objective to the enemy without fighting for it- almost nothing that isnt in a tank can move onto/near the objective without the flamers jumping next to them and wiping out the unit.

The BT is immune to instant death... but not all instant kill weapons cause instant death. The increase in save from 4+ to 2+ is a nice bonus against most psyckers (and with the number of eldar/wolf/BA psyckers around thats a lot for 5pts) but if people start taking daemonhunters then its an absolute must since if you fail a single wound to a DH character he'll be able to kill you with a single passed Ld test (since DH force weapons just remove remaining wounds they get round the instant death rules).

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 10:50 AM

Le Sinistre's Flag is: Hungary

Take the advices given from hijynx and Tim/Steve. And I must agree, instead of Kairos, you could switch to 2*6 crushers with all upgrade options (for wound allocation) and 3-4 flamers. And yeah, bearers should be at least 7, 5 can be killed too easily with concentrated attacks. And never have a plan for waves. Always decide right on the moment, after you have seen the enemy, and after (hopefully) you have seen the deployment.

Beware the Palmtop Tiger!

Be individual

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 01:55 PM

Chumbalaya's Flag is: USA

Fatecrusher

Lack of speed and problems with big bases will cause you grief, but it is what it is. Against slow armies and poor players you'll WTFPWN, but will struggle against better armies and players.

My blog: Blackjack & Hookers

Daemon Guide, Necron Guide

My armies:
Dark Angels/Space Marines
Space Wolves
Orks
Daemons
Skaven
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Cool, Fateweaver was sort of an afterthought.

So I'll add 3 vanilla flamers, up the plaguebearer squads to 7, drop fateweaver, and up the bloodcrushers to 6 with full gear options.

If points permit, are wings worth it on the DPs or should I look at picking up a cheap herald?

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 05:57 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Never liked Fateweaver. So ditch him for some Tzheralds on chariots with bolt. Considerably cheaper, much faster and you'll now have enough antitank firepower to cause some serious havoc against mech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 06:39 PM
It looked great on paper.

hijynx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
Cool, Fateweaver was sort of an afterthought.

So I'll add 3 vanilla flamers, up the plaguebearer squads to 7, drop fateweaver, and up the bloodcrushers to 6 with full gear options.

If points permit, are wings worth it on the DPs or should I look at picking up a cheap herald?
Wings on DPs are awesome, even if they're expensive. Wings on a Tzeentch or Nurgle prince are the best. If I use princes I use a Nurgle Prince with wings, iron hide, unholy might, and noxious touch. It's for armor and opposing monstrous creatures. Rerollable 2+ to wound against a Trygon? Yes please.

Currently Playing:
Warhammer 40k: Dark Eldar - Chaos Daemons - Sisters of Battle
Warmachine/Hordes: Retribution of Scyrah - Circle Orboros
Malifaux: Outcasts - Neverborn - Resurrectionists
- - -
If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful.
- C. S. Lewis

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijynx View Post
Wings on DPs are awesome, even if they're expensive. Wings on a Tzeentch or Nurgle prince are the best. If I use princes I use a Nurgle Prince with wings, iron hide, unholy might, and noxious touch. It's for armor and opposing monstrous creatures. Rerollable 2+ to wound against a Trygon? Yes please.
I do like that loadout.... And I do fight a lot of Tyranid players. I wonder if the Iron hide is worth it considering the T6 and high WS though. All MC's will just ignore it. Rerolls to wound on almost anything is nice too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode