1750 list - looking for comments - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 07:03 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

Iron hide is always worth it. Sure, it doesn't do anything vs. MC's but what does? For it's price, it provides a serious amount of survivability against small arms fire. The only time it doesn't seem like that great a deal is on Tzeentch princes. But it very often still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Crimzzen's Flag is: Canada

What are some of the more common DP builds and what purpose do they serve?

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 07:58 PM

Chumbalaya's Flag is: USA

Iron Hide helps against gunfire really. Tyranids, and plenty of other armies can bring high S medium AP weapons like Impaler Cannons or Autocannons that will bypass your high T and force you to save on a 5+. That's no good.

My blog: Blackjack & Hookers

Daemon Guide, Necron Guide

My armies:
Dark Angels/Space Marines
Space Wolves
Orks
Daemons
Skaven

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 09:02 PM
It looked great on paper.

hijynx's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
What are some of the more common DP builds and what purpose do they serve?
I really only ever see the Nurgle Prince I posted above, and Tzeentch Princes with wings, two shooting attacks (one being breath of chaos), and Master of Sorcery. These two seem to be the best options for the points.

I usually say to hell with demon princes, and just roll 3x Soul Grinders. But sometimes I do use the above mentioned Nurgle prince.

Currently Playing:
Warhammer 40k: Dark Eldar - Chaos Daemons - Sisters of Battle
Warmachine/Hordes: Retribution of Scyrah - Circle Orboros
Malifaux: Outcasts - Neverborn - Resurrectionists
- - -
If war is ever lawful, then peace is sometimes sinful.
- C. S. Lewis

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-01-10, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

I considered soul grinders but rejected them for a couple of reasons - the biggest being the amount of melta in my area.

Allouttabubblegum? - 40K Blog - contains batreps, tactics, and all my work including past and present! Sign up today!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 02:09 AM

Grinders are well and good until meltas show up, 'tis true.

I wrote up on Daemon Princes on my blog. Essentially, they boil down to a handful of good builds.

Flying Nurgle Prince. He's expensive, but very tough and extremely killy. Excellent pick, especially if you're maxing out on MCs.

Shooty Tzeentch Prince. Cheap BS5 bolt on a moving platform with a reasonable amount of durability and CC capability considering the cost.

Pavane Slaanesh Prince. Pavane can be used to replicate Fleet or help out other units, while your high I, grenades and Musk can help you kill enemies before they can swing back (important for T5 5++, Iron Hide is essential) and use H&R to cross the board quickly.

Cheapo Area Denial Prince. Dirt cheap walking face smasher, equivalent to Bloodcrushers.

Any other set up is either going to be too expensive, not survivable (T5 5++ really sucks for an expensive MC), just not focused (flying Tzeentch DP w/ bolt and might, walking Khorne DP kitted out with everything but wings) or are replicated by other units, only better (flying Tzeentch Prince w/ Breath < Flamers).

Efficiency is very important for Princes, as is focusing them to fit whatever gap you need them to fill.

My armies:
Space Wolves
Orks
Daemons
Skaven
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

see my edited list on the front page. comments welcome

I really like that nurgle DP build- being able to reroll a 2+ to wound on anything T4 or lower is pretty sweet while helping to take down baddies like wraithlords and trygons. The wings are going to be useful for me, considering the mech I play.

I still like the bloodcrushers although I agree that point for point fiends are better. I just love the model too much so I dont care! I still think they are going to be a great denial piece and with 2/3 of the games using objectives, I can just plunk em in a hot area. In KP games they should be hard to get rid of.

I realize 7 is a better number for plaguebearers but I just can't fit everything in I want - so sue me :D I play troop heavy in other armies - I'm here to smash face.

Should I branch out to 2000 points I'll probably throw in a KoS and flesh out one of the PB units by a model :D

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 07:27 PM

I think that'll work. You have mobile units to reach out and touch somebody so the crushers can play mop up or area denial. Dropping down to a smaller unit and picking up a unit of Fiends to fill out your Elites slots would be very useful though.

My armies:
Space Wolves
Orks
Daemons
Skaven
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-10, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumbalaya View Post
I think that'll work. You have mobile units to reach out and touch somebody so the crushers can play mop up or area denial. Dropping down to a smaller unit and picking up a unit of Fiends to fill out your Elites slots would be very useful though.
I looked at it, I may consider it. Maybe not though as the current models are terrible. I don't plan on playing competitively much, I just want an army I can enjoy painting and looking at while still being a challenge for my opponent.

I think you are right, my DP's should be able to tie down something long enough for the crushers to get into grips with them.

Great blog btw.

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 12:31 AM
kalma's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijynx View Post
Blessing of the Blood God is a must on 'thirsters. T6 3+/4+ and all the wounds in the world don't matter when you get smacked with a force weapon.
Umm what? Ye i know it's offtopic, but what does it matter if wound comes from force weapons since they nor their psychic power don't ignore eternal warrior rule?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode