Heavy support
Soulgrinder 150
Tongue

Soulgrinder 150
Phlegm

Soulgrinder 150
Phlegm

1st wave, Fateweaver+flamers, Kugath+2 soulgrinders
2ed wave 2 Nurglings, 1 soulgrinder(Phlegm)

Plan is to basicly kill everything on the board if it is an objective mission ill spawn as many as nurglings with kugath as possible to hold more objectives, in killpoints missions.

just want to double check tho do the nurglings that kugath spawn count as troop choices, Also can nurglings hold objectives just bought the codex today and forgot what the "swarm" special rule is i know it helps your cover save.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 03:17 AM
drummerholt1234's Flag is: USA

Swarm units can't capture objectives.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 06:32 AM

HQ
Kugath 300

keep him

Fateweaver 333

keep him

10 Flamers 380
Bolt of change

WAY too big make it 3 to 5

3 nurglings 36
3 nurglings 36

can't control objectives or do anything really put in actual troops that count as scoring

Heavy support
Soulgrinder 150
Tongue

Soulgrinder 150
Phlegm

Soulgrinder 150
Phlegm

You should keep them but if you want anti-tank power drop the tongue soulgrinder and run a daemon prince

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 11:28 AM

First of all, you don't need tongue on a Soulgrinder as it can just charge into combat with any tank or walker and mince them to pieces at S10, so take it off. You could replace tongue with phlegm to kill even more Space Marines.

The only big problem I see you facing is horde armies as you have nothing that does lots of attacks or shots. I would take blood letters or horrors for this job as a unit of 10 blood letters gets 30 A on the charge which is just mean, and with flamers and Soulgrinders and other nasties coming down the blood letters won't get that much attention. The advantage with horrors is that they would be killing stuff as soon as they come down and their Ap and S is fine to deal with mass armies and they still get 30 shots.

I would take off your special characters choices. Fateweaver just isn't worth it for that many points, as monstrous creatures should be charging into combat as shooting HQs just aren't that great and do much better in combat. It's only real good point is the re-roll saves but it's not worth the points or the HQ slot. Take a bloodthurster instead as he will fly around the board killing everything you want him to. Again with Ku'gath he isn't worth the points for his special rules, just get a geart unclean one as he'll do the job nicely and will save you points that you can use elsewhere.

Flamers, split them into groups of 4 or 3 as then you will get all the flame templates you need but you can put them in multiple places for the most killing. Also don't give them bolt of change they shouldn't use it and phlegm will take care of small tanks.

Finally the troops choices, don't take nurglings as they are worth nothing. If you want nurgle serviveability take plague bearers they will shrug off all but the anti-tank stuff that finds there way to them. As I said earlier take either horrors or blood letters they will make sure you can kill everything that you are put up against. Here is a modified list of what it could look like.

HQ
GUO 175
unholy might

Bloodthurster 250

Elites
3 Flamers 105

4 Flamers 140

Troops

10 bloodletters 185
chaos icon

10 horrors 195
chaos icon

Heavy support
Soulgrinder 150
Phlegm

Soulgrinder 150
Phlegm

Soulgrinder 150
Phlegm

1500pts exactly
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 07:44 PM

I have too agree with this list however you need 1 more troop choice as every army needs at least 3 troops for objective based missions
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 09:27 PM

Dallas_Drake's Flag is: Yugoslavia

You're going to need more troops, I love Horrors but I think you need some Plaguebearers in there if you're going to a tournament. Bloodletters sitting on an objective!? What a waste! In all honesty, at 1500 points I don't think you can run 2 Greater Daemons & 3 Grinders without your army lacking that something to balance it nicely.

Also, check your points, they're out by 10 points on the Grinders.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red baron View Post
I have too agree with this list however you need 1 more troop choice as every army needs at least 3 troops for objective based missions
Why?

um looked at the rule book today pg 76 doesnt say swarm units cant capture objectives just says that they have the stealth and vulnuerable to blasts/templates rules
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-16-09, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Drake View Post
You're going to need more troops, I love Horrors but I think you need some Plaguebearers in there if you're going to a tournament. Bloodletters sitting on an objective!? What a waste! In all honesty, at 1500 points I don't think you can run 2 Greater Daemons & 3 Grinders without your army lacking that something to balance it nicely.

Also, check your points, they're out by 10 points on the Grinders.
since from what i understand nurglings can capture objectives and in objective games i can summon more nurglings with Kugrath to give me more scoring units since their only 1 base wont matter it they get killed cause we wont be playing kill points.

to counter act the points for the grinders im going to drop bolt of change on the flamers which is 30 points
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-09, 02:27 AM

nurglings actually can't capture ojectives as they are swarm, and swarm cannot control, although they can contest
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-09, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

where does it say swarm cant capture objectives?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Army Lists > Chaos Daemon Army Lists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode